Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"Well, we're waiting for Mashyuu." she explained. "Would be dangerous to make moves without him, and we already arranged to wait here for him. Just a matter of time now."

"Yes, I do actually." Sofia then said in response to the question about her Devil Fruit. It was a bit of a question out of the blue but one that she didn't mind replying to. In fact, she had prepared for this. "The World Government has me registered as having the Squeeze Squeeze Fruit." she the admitted. She had a lot of trust in Mashyuu, but the truth of her Devil Fruit was something that she couldn't tell just yet, because she would then be admitting to crime.

And someone like her really, really had to have a clean slate, formally. She is already playing with fire as it is via her pirate-friendly campaigns, and she had managed to skirt around getting in trouble for it via talking it out - after all, talking to pirates wasn't actually illegal. But, blatantly lying in her Devil Fruit registration to the World Government, would be. She couldn't let any space for error to let that truth out. She trusted Mashyuu a lot, but she didn't know Harley much just yet. So she wasn't comfortable with revealing it to her at all at the present time.

She then complied and put her hands on the ground, feeling the weak tingle of traces of seastone in the ground pulling her stamina down.

"It makes me feel weak." she then said. "Just a bit. I hope that confirms that I do in fact have Devil Fruit powers."

"I have a copy of the paper here, anyways." the girl then added, pulling out one of the many photocopies she had of her official registration from her purse. "I had to get through testing over a couple days to get this - wasn't comfortable at all, heh. But, well worth it, I believe."

And she hadn't gone through all of this for no reason. She had a plan for having an inaccurate Devil Fruit registration like this.

Getting into Impel Down and escaping.

Obtained from "Short on Data and Short on Personnel [Grand Voyage]" (https://strawhats.rpg-board.net/t2030-short-on-data-and-short-on-personnel):
DEVIL FRUIT REGISTRATION FORM 3424

REGISTERING MARINE STATION: Jaya Island, Mock Town

PERSON

A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) - Page 2 1437ce69f1fe5de204ddb67d24e989bc
NAME: Phillipa Sofia
BIRTHPLACE: Sofia Island
MARINE, AUTHORIZED PERSON OR CRIMINAL: Authorized Person
DEVIL FRUIT

NAME: Squeeze Squeeze Fruit
PROVISIONAL OR FINAL INFORMATION: Final

CONSUMPTION DATE: June of 20XX
DATE OF TESTING (IF FINAL): July of 20XX
TESTER: Dr. Victor Landino

TYPE: Paramecia
PERMANENT BODILY MODIFICATION: No
RANGE: Close-Range only
BASE POWER: 1/10
DESCRIPTION: It grants the user to squeeze things that come close enough to her. There is a red "barrier" which delimits the range of her abilities. Effects are short-lived, temporary and limited to just reductions of 20% at maximum. These should improve with training, although the Devil Fruit itself seems very difficult to make more powerful, given its pitiful base power.

Batman4560

Batman4560
Hover over the image below!

THREAD INFORMATION

Skills Used: N/A
Current Haki Stamina: 10/10
Plotter Link:(Click the black space)Plot Info
Skills:(Click the black space)Skill Set
WC Requirement: 00,000
Comments, Concerns, Etc.: I might put all my spoilers here

Harley took the paper presented by Sofia and blushed. She didn't actually need the paper she just wanted to make sure that the stone ground wasn't too harsh on the Devil Fruit users in their little troupe. "Oh um... Ha.. yeah the only reason I asked about your fruit was because if the ground was made of enough of the stuff we could have just mined it here and gotten out before anyone noticed. But you just confirmed it wasn't enough to really do anything to you." Harley admitted then plopped on the ground. "We shouldn't be waiting for him. He's a good guy and can be good with words at time, hell it's how he got all of us on the crew but I don't think negotiation is his strong suit. He's the type to just do things out of the kindness of his heart most the time." Harley admitted. "... It's one of the reasons I... joined the crew." She caught herself after a moment, not wanting to admit she still had feelings for him after he rejected those feelings.

Back at the Skycleaver

SUUUPER! SUUUPPPERR! SUUUPPPPEEERRRR! Mashyuu's alarm clock rang repeatedly before rattling off the edge of his table and crashing into the ground. The sudden clash of metal against wood caused his eyes to jolt open and his body to sit bolt upright. his body twisted in place while he looked around and squinted at the sun that had long ago risen. "AH shit I'm late!" He yelled and threw his legs off the bed, slipping as he stood and fell to the ground, smashing his face into his clock, breaking the small pieces of metal. His body flailed for a moment before he pulled himself up and peeled the pieces of metal that had magnetized to his face off and tossed them aside. Quickly he gathered up a bundle of freshly pressed clothes that were on a rack near the door of his room then darted across the second deck of the ship to the showers.

The pirate ran hot water over his bare body, scrubbing soap into his skin to clean himself and wake up while also brushing his teeth at the same time. A quick wash of hair and a dry later and he was dressing in black pants, red boots, a black padded vest and a black long tailed coat. He fixed his hair to look like a natural mess then slid some red gloves onto his hands. Quickly he strapped his whip blade around his waist like a belt and placed his three throwing daggers on his vest, magnetizing them to his chest and grabbed up his cane sword.

Racing out of the second level's decks he sprang up at the main deck of the Skycleaver and raced towards the armor that he had made the day before that Sky placed atop the deck earlier in the morning. "Attract!" He shouted as he raced past the armor and took off into flight. A field of silver sparking energy grew off his body and grasped the armor, carrying it behind him as he soared towards the meeting spot.

©️ Coding done by Hero Yamamoto

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"Yeah, that would have things a lot easier." Sofia replied with a giggle. Unfortunately things weren't that easy, but given Harley's job, maybe she wasn't aware just yet of how rare and valuable seastone really was. In fact, given how much it was worth, Sofia was starting to speculate that it was in fact quit likely that, if this bland dirt had traces of seastone in it, that it would be quite likely that once the mines were cleaned out of of the precious metal, that they could start to try to extract what they could from this dirt and refine it into real seastone.

"Oh, we... shouldn't?" the noble then wondered once the winged's doctor mentioned that they shouldn't be waiting for him. "Oh. I see how it is then."

She then brought up her Den Den Mushi again, with the muscle memory relfex of just going to give him a call, but then she remembered that they just didn't work.

"...We should sort of not leave this place." she then noted. "Because communications are down. And Mashyuu might not find us if we move from here - imagine if he gets into this area as we try to get out! We wouldn't be able to contact him regardless then. A... bit of a tough situation, this is."

Sofia then rose a finger. "Ah. I could just try to send one of my men out to try to call him as we wait here. You, Gruntson. Please go out with a Baby Den Den and try to call Mashyuu, yes? Ask if he is alright."

"You got it Miss!" the man replied as he made a quick salute, to then jog away from them.

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

The winged Pirate flapped his wings hard, beating them with heavy force and great strides to carry him across the sky as quick as he could without losing the armor that was floating like a human body below him. His blue eyes narrowed in on the scene. Mountains, lots of mountains. Not a damned tree in site and that was bugging the pirate Captain because it made it harder for him to find the others. He had an idea of where he was going but it would take longer to find them and if a fight broke out they might be in trouble without him. Harley wasn't a fighter and Sofia seemed to rely on armor to take a hit. "Hell some of these stupid mountains are poking clouds.... Glad Skypia isn't around here." He grumbled while swooping in lower to navigate the land and get a better view.

As he swept in low a voice on his den den started to speak. Mashyuu fished into his pocket and answered the ringing. "Hello? Mashyuu are you alright dude?" A voice asked. Mashyuu's brow lifted sharply, he didn't know the voice nor the person. "I work with Sofia and she's concerned." Mashyuu half rolled his eyes and cleared his throat. "That's Captain Mashyuu and yes I'm fine. I'm headed to your location now just sit tight, maybe if you see a suit of armor and a winged man flying wave your hands around so I can find you better." Mashyuu suggested.

Mashyuu put the phone away and pulled a white and red mask from his jacket pocket and placed it over his eyes, then swept even lower to the ground. After an hour of flying, not to mention the few hours it took him to leave the ship and make it to the main island he spotted a plain looking man waving him down while holding a Den Den. Mashyuu figured that was the guy he was looking for and landed in front of the man. "Mashyuu?" The man asked. In turn Mashyuu patted the armor standing straight next to him and nodded up and down. From there the man proceeded to show Mashyuu the way to Sofia, Harley and the others. Once he arrived, Mashyuu waved to the group and called out. "Special armor delivery! So when do we get this show on the road!?" Seeing Mashyuu arrive, Harley sprang up and gave him a tight hug. "Not even a fight yet... but it's good to see you too."

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"Glad to have you back!" Sofia then cheered, and approached him with the intent to greet him as well, but she was surprised by the enthusiastic greeting of Harley. Once their embrace ended, she offered a short handshake to then make a sudden bow.

"Thank you so much for the armor!" she then announced. "I'll get it on immediately, no time to lose."

The small group of Gruntsons and her then jogged over to a small corner surrounded by small steep cliffs, and helped the noble to get dressed with her armor, with all of its pieces, much like how a formula 1 gets changed in a pit stop - pieces going on and off in a flash.

Then, they jogged back, with the armor bouncing with soft clangs as they did.

"It fits like a glove!" she then announced with a chipper tone, choosing to hide how she felt about the design. There wasn't time nor was it the moment to worry about that - they had a mission to do here.

"Alright, so..." Sofia then started off, pulling out her map from her purse, which she was still wearing even with this armor on herself. "Let's scout the area for pirate camps. Hopefully the Cream Pirates - I know they have their base over the town, and this is the closest part of the Twin Peaks area to that place, so I suspect that they may be here. Just, be extremely wary. They might not know who we are, and just fire out of their own fear and desire for safety. Everyone's likely extremely cautious, especially with so many other pirates around."

"Wait." one of the Gruntsons said. "Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?" Sofia wondered.

"It's like... milk? But different." he explained.

"It's cream!" the noble cheered. "Let's go. the Cream Pirates should be from where this smell is coming from!"

A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) - Page 2 Manali-girls-special-adventure-camp-himachal-pradesh-1xJtgtx-1440x810

"Sofia?" one of the Cream Pirates said, greeting her as he was in front of a large cauldron, stirring it. "Whoa, nice armor. What are you doing here?"

The other men then started to point guns at Mashyuu and the others.

"And who are them?" he added.

"Friends." she then said. "Them over there are the Gruntsons, my faithful servants. And this is Mashyuu and Harley, they're pirates too."

"Ho, pirates?" the man said. "Of course you're welcome here. C'mon, we're about to have some soup to get ready for today's raid. Join us!"

"On the ...raid?" she asked.

"If you want!" he chuckled. "I meant, on eating together our cream soup. Tell me what brings you here and all - get me up to date! It's been a while!"

"Indeed." Sofia said. "I haven't seen you Lars since what we arranged for the Miner Pirates!"

"Bwahahaha! Of course! Now, eat, eat. And you, Mashyuu? What brings you here? I'm Lars Cream by the way, a pleasure."

The noble looked at the winged man. She didn't know if she should approach the topic of them helping the Marines just yet, or if to leave it for later. With Mashyuu being a pirate himself, maybe he knew how to approach the issue better. Or, she could go try to go for it herself, it was just a matter of getting this right between the two of them.

[OOC: Lars Cream is from Part 1 of "A Gentleman's Explosives" https://strawhats.rpg-board.net/t2256-a-gentleman-s-finest-explosives-i#14311]

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

Mashyuu looked down at Harley as she hugged him tightly and patted her back gently. "Harley.... You're crushing me." Harley quickly backed away and brushed a strand of hair from her face. "Sorry.... I thought you overworked yourself making that armor again." Harley admitted then glanced back at Sofia to see if she noticed anything strange. Suddenly she whipped back to face Mashyuu and slugged him in the gut. "You had us here waiting for you! You ass hat!" Mashyuu doubled over and waved to Sofia weakly. "Yeah... it's good to see you too." Mashyuu groaned. The Captain glared at Harley while the others helped Sofia get dressed, blocking the view for the Captain. "Yeah well next time someone says you're a terrible doctor, see what you do."

The group gathered together and went over a very basic plan. "You really haven't thought this through beyond 'help' have you?" Mashyuu aside, his brow raising behind his white and red mask. The man placed his cane against the ground and tapped it repeatedly. "A smart pirate wouldn't set up a camp. Not unless they had injured and needed to sleep. They would keep on the move. Especially when dealing with Marines." Mashyuu commented until the smell of cream filled the air. "Don't tell me your friends are stupid enough to basically make a smoke signal that can be tracked?" Harley asked with a look of shock on her face.

Mashyuu started towards the smell with the others, shaking his head in disbelief. "We are gonna fail at this rate..." Mashyuu muttered. When the group met up with the pirates who weren't well hidden at all, Mashyuu started to laugh at the situation. "Holy shit, how have you guys survived this long?" Mashyuu asked while kicking a small bucket aside. "You're out in the open in what is a war zone.... cooking food? Are you insane!?" Mashyuu felt disdain for the entire situation then eyed Sofia carefully while the groups spoke.

"Stop beating around the bush, this is gonna take forever and I can don't have time. Look, marines are at the inside of this war zone surrounded by revs and then you guys. I don't like marines, I don't care for revs and most pirates are just as bad. That being said the marines have something we need. Two ways we can do this. fight our way through and lose lots of lives on both sides. I'm fine with that really. I'm sure I can take most the people on this island. The other is easy. The marines need food, you want some seastone. If you can get us through the rev blockade and supply some food, we will negotiate a trade of sea stone. give them enough food to get a week or two out of it so they can hold out for help, you get your sea stone and nobody loses a life from at least one big fight. Plus you can get out before marine backup shows up. You in or out?"

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"Trust me, they can be... Peculiar at times." Sofia would chime in with a chuckle, after Mashyuu's response about how they were practically making a smoke signal to allow them to find them so easily. After all, they were the sort of pirate that had let themselves be so easily convinced by Sofia to go after the Miner Pirates a couple of weeks ago, thus doing the Marine's jobs for them.

They weren't exactly the brightest. And they were after seastone.

Hence why Sofia had considered them to be the best contact for this exact situation.

Lars blinked as the winged talked, looking at him a bit wide-eyed as he listened to what he had to say.

"Quite the person, this Mashyuu here." he chuckled, wondering about his bluntness. "So, you mean to be saying here that, we don't need to fight? We just need to give them Marines some of our food and they'll give us their seastone all fine and stuff?"

Sofia nodded. That was indeed the plan.

"How're we going to be talking to the Marines anyways? Like, they'll just shoot us. Or capture us, for our bounties. It can't happen, I don't know what you guys are on."

"I'll talk to them." the girl then admitted. "I'm a normal civilian, pretty much. I don't have a bounty, no nothing."

"Oooh." Lars then emitted. "I see, I see. Well, really, we don't have much to lose here, Sofia and Mashyuu. Go talk with the Marines to see if they're all cool with this. If they're not cool with it, we'll just continue as we have until now. If they are cool with it, then we can go see what else we can do about it, yeah?"

"Alright." Sofia nodded. "Will you help us get to them?"

"Our help is that we're not going to be shooting at the lot of you as you get towards them. This is the part of this here 'Pirate Circle' that we control. I don't know what the others are going to do, but rest assured, we're just going to watch. But, hurry now. We've got our own plans here, some of them involving the Marines as well..."

"Got it." the noble then replied.

After they ate and regrouped to get through the barren wasteland that separated the circle of pirate camps and the Twin Peaks proper, Sofia started to mention pointers about this next phase.

"So, the Cream Pirates are going to let us through. All we've got to do now is to get to the Marines - without getting killed by any pirates on either flank here. I'll talk to the Marines once we get there. The hard part is going to be getting there, to that building over there."

She pointed to one of the peaks of the Twin Peaks, that had a white and blood-stained building with "Marines" painted in blue on it.

"Ready?" she then asked everyone. And if they were, she would join them in running across.

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

Mashyuu was starting to get mad at the situation. This was over all a waste of time. Hell Mashyuu could have flown in barrels of his food for the marines in exchange for some seastone if that was all they needed. Something was wrong. "So what you're telling me is that you might help, if we can make it over there and come back? If we come back, you will help and risk getting in over there. If we don't come back then obviously you don't need to worry about anything. You're all cowards and this is a stupid plan Sofia." Mashyuu grumbled and refused to eat any of the pirates food.

Sitting down across from Sofia he took off his mask and glared at the woman in heavy armor. "I could have just flown you over there and dropped you off. I'm not going to talk to Marines. Have you seen my wanted poster? These guys are going to shoot me on sight. Hell they might shoot at me if they get my scent." Mashyuu snapped. He didn't get enough sleep, was grumpy and this plan was falling apart by the second. "It's not that bad..." Harley chimed in, using a tone that didn't really inspire confidence. Mashyuu looked at her and lifted his brow causing the Doctor to sink away slowly.

"If you just needed help getting through, you could have simply asked my crew. Not just me. Obviously you aren't thinking this thing through. Are you making this up as you go? You're never going to be a proper leader like this. Think. Your grand plan was to get pirates to help you get through a war zone that's more than a hundred meters long, goes on for as long as the eye can see on the center of this island with pocket battles going on all over the place, and you wanted a single pirate crew to walk you through a pocket of pirates and Revs, to get to the marines? What the hell are you doing? You found out about the marine problem and didn't request a small unit to get you through? A few scouts would have gone a long way Sofia!" Mashyuu chided the noble woman.

The pirate stood up and shrugged. Slowly he walked to the Cream Pirates and picked up a pair of cooking knives off a small make shift table. "Everyone shut up and listen. I'm going to show you how bad this battlefield is. If you have any metal you want to keep near you hang on tight to it. Mashyuu then hurled the knives up into the air and released a field of repelling energy off his body out forty meters to smash into the falling knives. They launched through the air and out of sight. For a moment there was nothing but silence then one scream of pain followed by another and a faint shout of accusation. A moment following gunshots rang out till there was silence again. "You can't throw a stick without getting someone hurt. And you want to walk through two factions of that? Tell me how you plan on doing that, because I'm not about to risk my life for a plan that is 'run' and I'm not about to simply fly up while carrying you and making both of us a target. You need to figure this out!" The winged man continued to yell at Sofia. He sat down again and looked her in the eye. Mashyuu couldn't go talk to marines, but he could actually help Sofia get there. However he had noticed that she didn't really seem to have a plan and knew that he wouldn't always be around to save her. In his own way, Mashyuu was trying to teach her to survive on her own. "Convince me, and these other pirates your plan is worth risking our lives for. That's the reason the Pirates are being cowards. Your plan has no solid legs. I'm helping you as a favor to a friend and you're running out of those really fast with the Phantom Raiders. So... Pirates code. Payment is now subject to change. You need to get more help if you want through a blockade of Pirates and Revolutionaries."

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"Yeah." Sofia said, replying to Mashyuu's proposal of flying across. "There's also the risk of you getting shot down in the air too..."

"And yes, sort of." she said after he mentioned the next part. "I know a few key steps that would need to be done, and I thought that this place was too risky to send in scouts to. If we're going to have to send in reinforcements for those scouts so that they can report, might as well go with them anyways, no? At least, that was the idea. We can consider this phase we are in right now, to be scouting."

"And yes, I see that it's risky..." Sofia then said. "Danger everywhere, you can get hit by any angle..."

Then she patted the armor several times with a jolly chuckle. "That's why I've got this! Huhuhuhu. Only I need to get into the most danger, getting all of the way to the Marines. I just need cover so that I can get over there and talk to them."

In fact, her reliance on diplomacy was part of the reason why she hasn't thought out the full logistics of the plan. In her eyes, actually talking to them was much more of a pressing matter, with the rest being secondary and could be just covered with her having the massive heavy duty armor on herself.

"You could use your tank wheels." Anna Blue chimed in from within her head. "Maybe drop the secret here?"

She wouldn't. Her special abilities were too much to give up for just some seastone and recognition.

The girl then put herself in a sprinting stance, as her head started to be covered in ambition. "I'll go to the Marines for you guys." she then said. "It's up to me to get this all set up for you guys anyways, so I should be the one who takes on the risk. I just ask for cover and for you to wait here. Once I get all of the information, it's up to you to take it or not - just give me the chance to get it for you. Because neither of us know yet what they'll reply or want yet. I have to go scout that out for you guys."

It was reckless, yes. But she had to take initiative here to keep moving this forwards. And most of all, she trusted this armor Mashyuu had made her.

Then, she would start to dash through the barren wastelands of the battlefield, straight towards the Marine Station, and seconds later, bullets started to clang against it, simply bouncing off - the metal was too strong for normal firepower to get through!

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

The fists at Mashyuu's side started to shake with anger. Sofia wasn't giving answers, she was flying by the seat of her pants and assuming a lot about things. She was not only going to get herself killed but everyone around her. "Oh so you really only needed the armor from me? Then why ask me to come out here with you? Damn it! You're starting to piss me the hell off! You think that armor is gonna keep you safe out there? I didn't make you a helmet. You're going to move slower out there and you don't know what the fuck is beyond this camp!" Mashyuu snapped as Sofia started to walk off. He tisked and held his arm out towards her. "Attract!" He announced, causing the metal in the area, including Sofia's armor to start pulling towards his direction and since she wasn't nearly as strong as he was, her body was pulled close to his before he let the field fade.

He looked around the small camp of make shift tents and cooking supplies. The scene was pathetic to say the least. He kicked the hard ground under him, a chalky dust kicked up under his shoe. The grey earth was dry and would be terribly uncomfortable to sleep on let alone hike through. "How many people are in this shit show of a crew?" Mashyuu asked with a shaky voice. The Captain of the Cream Pirates glared at Mashyuu and didn't answer. In response Mashyuu drew his blade and placed it right at the sitting man's throat. "If you don't answer me, you're going to be one less either way. I don't have time, or the mental fortitude for this game. Now work with me or I'll kill your entire crew, and go find a smarter crew. I don't care how you know my inept friend." The pirate swallowed a dry lump and held up five fingers. "Five of us total, used to be thirty but the Revolutionaries wiped us out along with any other crew or marine force that got to close to them. They had the marines handled for the most part but when all the pirates got whiff of what was going on and moved in we forced them to split their forces. But they have way more tools than either faction expected. Mines, guns, snipers and a good area to hide in. Natural trenches and small hidden mines cleaned out long ago all over the place."

"OH look, you're good for something after all. Now, here is what's about to happen. Sofia, you and I are going to the marine base. I'm going to provide you with muscle and cover. I'll dig a path with my magnetic powers, pushing away any mines in the area and deflecting sniper rounds from Revolutionaries. Your men here and Harley are going to make sure that the Cream Pirates make the food we need. Have some pride in your work boys. They are marines, and deserve the best right?" Mashyuu winked at the portly Pirate Captain and insinuated that he should poison the food that the desperate Marines would surely eat. "Now Sofia, tell me you have some sort of reliable information and that your map is correct? The marines are for sure situated at the base line of the twin mountain peaks roughly two hundred meters away from here? It's too far to fly to without getting shot down so we are gonna have to move under the cover of darkness. That gives us about an hour and a half to get ready. So if you have anything you need to tell me, now's your chance." Mashyuu gave her one last chance to prove she could do this.

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Sofia could read that Mashyuu was trying to have the food poisoned, it wasn't too hard to discern, especially for someone like herself. She... couldn't be part of a plan that would involve doing that to them. However, all communications were indeed closed off, so there was less of a risk of rumors and accusations getting out of here, but once she got a bounty, it was over.

Because bounties are for life.

"Yeah, I got the information from the Marines themselves." she admitted. "I asked them before starting all of this, that's how I know that they are in there, and it's not just some other group that has captured the place on their own. Unless the Marines themselves were lying to me or something, which I doubt they would, and if they did, I would've noticed it - and I didn't notice anything of the sort."

She then sighed. Their pass to the Marines was herself, and she really, really couldn't get herself a bounty.

"OK, so..." she then started off. "I get that you want to poison the Marines - we're all here together in this plan, so I figure I can be blunt about it. I'm fine with it, but there's just a small problem. I really can't be caught as someone who is going against the World Government. I'm a noble! I would be going against my own people, it would be treason. I don't mind making legitimate trade with them though, if you guys are still up for the original plan, but I really, really can't risk getting a bounty on myself like this."

She sighed.

"The Marines are my friends. They're people I care for - misguided as they may be. Likewise, I wouldn't poison any of you guys for my own profit, because you guys are my friends too. That's why I came up with that original plan that benefited both of you. You get seastone, they get food - and arguably, seastone is worth a lot more than food, but each of you would have different sort of desires and needs, and thus give different value to the same things. And through that, you'd both win."

Sofia put a solemn stance. "Please, don't put me in a position where I have to sacrifice what I stand for. And, we still have time. Let's work out something else."

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

At that moment, Mashyuu had given up on Sofia. She hadn't been contributing to the plan at all and decided to spend all the faith Mashyuu had in her complaining. He threw his hands up in the air and drew his sword out of the cane scabbard, then wrapped his whip blade around his waist to stick to him like a belt. "Go over something else? What do you want to go over? Why are you leaving us all hanging when we could be spending our time better? You will never make it as a leader like this Sofia. Harley stay here, make sure these guys make the food for a marine group that we don't know the number of. So a lot. Don't poison it guys. I'm going to go clear a path for Sofia since she doesn't seem to want to lead in her own plan." Mashyuu snapped and started to wade through the barren terrain weather or not Sofia followed. If she didn't he would simply fight his way to the marines and murder them at this point, his friends wishes be damned, pirates didn't deal with marines and he was only doing this to help Sofia but he was starting to realize that she wasn't going to help herself. If she were someone weaker he would have done more for her but he had seen her hold her own in the past, his crew had spoken highly of her but Mashyuu just didn't see it.

As he left the safety of the Cream Pirates camp, that stood out like a sore thumb, a small group of three pirates with blades sprang out at Mashyuu from a hiding spot beneath some loose rubble, and they were dressed in dark grey clothes with pain on that matched the ground they hid in. Each of them sprang at the Pirate Captain and with a wave of his hand, a repelling force of energy washed off the Pirate, throwing their weapons out of their hands. The three men stopped and looked at Mashyuu with disbelief then reached for their pistols that had been knocked away as well. His blue eyes narrowed in their direction to his left and with a flick of his left wrist, all three of his throwing daggers left his vest and sank into the pirate's chests. The three men stumbled back, slumped in place then fell dead once Mashyuu pulled his blades back with magnetic force and stuck them back to his vest. Mashyuu was shaking with annoyance and anger, a feeling he had never felt before and he didn't like feeling like that.

He didn't look back over his shoulder to see if Sofia was following, his eyes focused on the task at hand. Finding the marine outpost somewhere ahead of him. A mine of some sort so it should stand out amidst the empty planes. He could see the twin peaks Sofia kept talking about and wondered why he didn't just throw her over there and be done with the entire situation. After his display against the small pirate group one group decided it would be smarter to take shots at Mashyuu from a range. Mashyuu put out a field of magnetic energy that pushed metal away, and threw his left hand up while ducking down. A silver sparking shield formed around his left forearm and together the repelling field and his magnetic shield deflected two shots away from him, just barely. The winged Pirate's eyes blinked and flashed red as he activated his observation haki. A duo of red ghosts peeked up over a ledge to Mashyuu's right only ten meters away. With a tug of his arm, the field around him flashed, grew out in radius ten more meters and pulled all the metal around him in, the pirates in the area nowhere near as strong as he was. Before he knew it a literal surplus of weapons were at his feet in a circle. He kicked the gear in front of him away while his observation Mantra allowed him to see flashes of red turn to blue as the groups around him that he had disarmed all fled the scene.

Mashyuu walked for an hour longer and noticed that he was no longer being attacked. He could hear Sofia behind him walking in heavy armor and smirked, knowing that she wasn't saying much because she might have felt the anger flowing off him. The duo had entered a silent zone, not a sound was made aside from the sound of the duo walking on the ground, ahead of them the ground dropped sharply into a trench that was five meters wide and seemed to run along the island as far as any of them could see. Mashyuu stopped and cleared his throat, knowing that the pair had made it to the Revolutionary held portion of the land.

The moment he finished clearing his throat, the sounds of footsteps echoed out from the trench and a ladder made of wood peaked out. A moment later a man wearing a black suit with a grey button down dress shirt and a black tie climbed out of the trench. He had black hair that was a styled mess, similar to Mashyuu's and his green eyes held a lazy confidence that reminded Mashyuu of himself. In a way, Mashyuu could see himself in the man and maybe the man could as well considering that as he stepped forward he reached his hand out to shake Mashyuu's. It was a that moment that Mashyuu started to notice how many marine bodies were around where he stood. One, facing Mashyuu, back to the trench. One man had managed to almost get past the Revolutionaries from this side to get help, and the back of his neck looked caved in and broken. "Mashyuu Ishi, Captain of the Phantom Raiders. My men said that you had killed three pirates with the flick of your wrist. So I had to see for myself. I noticed you didn't attack the cowards that shot at you. Instead you disarmed them and let them run. An interesting choice." As the man spoke, Mashyuu shook his hand, red eyes narrowing on the mans green orbs. "I take that as a sign of honor. You don't attack those who value their lives above a kill. I can respect that. Sadly these marines, and pirates don't feel the same. Why are you here?" He asked. Mashyuu placed his cane sword down in front of him, gripping the handle tightly while pushing his hair out of his face with his gloved left hand. "You assume a lot about me,
ask what I'm doing here and yet you don't introduce yourself to me? I find your lack of manners insulting. But if you must know. I need sea stone, the marines behind you, holed up in that mine need food. My friend here would like to make a trade."
Mashyuu explained while pointing his thumb over his shoulder at Sofia. "I decided to do her a favor and help her out. I'm already regretting it. But I gave her my word and I'm not the type to go back on that. So if you will excuse us... We really need to get past you." The man standing before Mashyuu started to chuckle softly and shook his head. "I'm sorry, but surely, as a Pirate you don't mean that. You must know how corrupt the Marines are. Most of those men blindly follow the orders of killers who hide behind the law. A set of laws that hold others down while only they prosper. That needs to end. They cannot be allowed to have that sea stone! And I apologize. My name is Aaron Shaw."

Now it was Mashyuu's turn to chuckle, soft laughs rolled from Mashyuu's mouth until he managed to stop himself. "I couldn't agree more. But you need to work with me here Shaw. I need that sea stone, she needs to see the marines and you're in my way. You seem like a gentleman, perhaps a wager between men can be made? A battle. It's what I'm good at, trading isn't really my thing. You let my friend here go talk with the marines and then we fight. If she comes out before our battle is over, kill her for all I care. If I lose the fight, kill her, hell kill me if you want too. But if I win, you let the trade happen, two pirates from my group and two marines from that cave meet in the middle of your place so you can watch the trades happen then everyone goes back the way they came without a bullet or weapon in their backs. Surely that isn't too much to ask." Shaw considered this for a long moment, his right hand stroked his chin. "How do you know I'm in charge of the Revs on this side of the island?" Shaw asked. "You came out here alone, even though there are four men waiting right behind that trench, nobody has fired and you're dressed like me. You're the leader." Shaw threw his head back and laughed then reached into his pocket and drew a den den. "Men, a woman in armor is coming through the trench to go see the marines, let her pass. If she comes back this way without me giving a pass, shoot her dead." Shaw ordered then took a step to the side and gestured for Sofia to pass. "Alright, Sofia. I'm going to trust you to do your part now. Trust me to do my part.

Mashyuu waited for Sofia to offer any last words then watched her vanish into the distance. Slowly he drew his sword out of the cane sheath and tossed the scabbard aside towards the dead marine. He took a few steps back, giving himself some room to work and flexed his fingers around the handle of his weapon. Shaw smirked wide and reached into his pockets, drawing two T shaped bars and flicked them hard, a long set of bars extended from the end of each weapon making two tonfa's for the man to use as weapons. "I'm afraid that this is where you die Pirate."

So it turns out spoilers turn out all white on this layout, I'll put spoilers here

Skills used:

Arron Shaw:

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Sofia started following the man. She didn't understand why he was now doing pretty much the same as herself, going in on his own, pretty gung-ho, but she didn't mention it. Maybe it was right for him to do it but not right for her to do it, in his eyes. And if it was like that, she wouldn't argue it - definitely not now, when they're in the thick of a battlefield. Besides, this development was helping to their mutual goal anyways, so even if it was a hitch, she would let the hypocrisy slide. Humans are just human after all, these things can happen at times, even to the best of people.

The noble had remarkably no sort of attack of her own, and due to her need to keep her Castle Castle powers a secret (which were an incredible defense on their own), she didn't have much of a defense of her own either, barring this armor that she had gotten from Mashyuu. Otherwise, she would've just deployed her protective barrier and gotten through quite likely scot-free, but this wasn't that sort of circumstance.

Then, via Mashyuu's negotiation with the Revolutionary, she managed to get into the Marine's base, and once inside, she immediately got to work.

“S-Sofia?” one of the gaunt Marines stuttered, clad in a captain’s uniform, once she was allowed to get through the main door. “W-why are you here?”

“I’m here to propose a deal.” she then said, looking at the other Marines. Their clothing seemed to be too big for them. Their cheekbones were clearly visible on their faces. They were starving in here. “I have to make it quick. I’ve got pirates over there who want seastone.” she added.

“Damn pirates!” the Marine barked back.

“Hold on.” she then said. “But they have food. And they’re willing to trade the food for your seastone. How about it?”

“I-I… W-w...we can’t! The seastone, it’s too valuable!” he replied.

“More valuable than your lives? Think of it - once you have the food, you can mine for even more seastone. It’s an investment.”

The captain looked around, seeing his men nod to him, wanting to get the food. “A-alright! Alright alright.” the captain eventually conceded from the group pressure. “I’ll do it. We can sort out the amounts over there. You had the Squeeze-Squeeze, right?”

“Yeah.”

“That’s going to be useful.”

After talking with the Captain, she got three large potato sacks full of seastone ore, for her to then “squeeze” into a shrunken form via one of the powers of her Castle Castle fruit, for her to then hide the sacks between her chest in her armor, and started to dash out towards the exit of the Marine base. The Marines trusted Sofia, and her plan, so they arranged that she would only need to do one trip. By taking the seastone now, she wouldn’t need to return. Just, she would have to only reveal that she had the seastone of the deal once the others did their part - or she would just have to give it back to the Marines somewhere else on Jordsand.

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

Comments, Concerns, Etc.: I am changing Arron's speech text to yellow or something bright since the two reds are hard to tell apart.

Mashyuu blinked and Arron was already in his face, swinging his weapon up towards the Pirate Captain's skull. Mashyuu tried to side step, got a half pace away when the tonfa crashed into the side of the winged fighter's face. The impact sent Mashyuu flipping through the air but with a quick beat of his wings he managed to land on his feet and took a swipe up with his blade to his left, forcing Shaw to jump backwards to evade Mashyuu's blind strike. The single strike Shaw had made caused a bruise to swell up on Mashyuu's temple. He didn't hit any harder than Mashyuu could, and the Captain knew that Shaw wouldn't do much from brute force alone but he swung fast enough to be able to build up a lot of damage over time. Hell Mashyuu couldn't even track the man's movements. That being said the man had to slow down before striking and his attack was much slower than his sprint. Mashyuu quickly swept around to face Arron while the man in the suit fixed the cuffs on his jacket. "Faster than I gave you credit for, but not fast enough." Mashyuu couldn't help but smile at the comment as he cracked his neck and started to bounce on his feet, getting excited for the battle at hand. "And you're so fast you can't control it. Bet it scares most people. Lucky for me, I'm not most people." Mashyuu quipped back and started to chuckle softly under his breath. Slowly, Mashyuu's left hand reached to his belt and started to grasp at the handle of his whip blade when Shaw vanished again. This time Mashyuu jumped up, using his wings as a way to boost his speed and hurled himself into the air but before he could clear the area, a baton crashed into his leg and hip, sending Mashyuu into a tailspin back to the ground with a hard crash.

The Pirate groaned and shook stars out of his head while writhing in pain. He felt drained, tired and for a moment powerless. But a moment later the weariness in his body vanished and all was well again, aside from the fact that masking the sun was the shadow of Arron, bringing both his weapons down atop Mashyuu. With wide eyes, Mashyuu rolled to his right, swung his sword in a wide arch and cut at the mans legs, grazing his legs just under his knees and drew first blood. Shaw growled with annoyance, watched the blood soak through his pants and jumped up, throwing his body into a wide spin while his weapons rolled in his palms like two helicopter blades. "Raging Tidal Wave! He shouted and struck again at Mashyuu, who swiftly rolled back to dodge the strikes but as Shaw landed and his batons dug into the earth, the ground rolled under the strike like a carpet being yanked out hard and threw Mashyuu into the air. Suddenly without the ground under him, Mashyuu realized he was in a very bad spot and doubled over mid air when Shaw brought a baton down into Mashyuu's abs, folding the Pirate over, then threw his knee up into the back of the Pirate's head. Before Mashyuu even had the chance to scream out in pain, Shaw brought his second weapon down over Mashyuu's jaw, completely silencing the Pirate.

Still aware enough to try and disarm the man, as Mashyuu landed he tried to repel Shaw's weapons away, yet nothing happened. A soft laugh came from Shaw that grew louder and louder until he realized that he no longer sounded like a gentleman. "It's sea stone! The batons are made of sea stone just to deal with people like you. Even if you don't coat your body with some devil fruit, or turn to smoke... You can't effect my weapons with your powers either. You Devil Fruit users grow soft once you eat them, relying on the powers too much and not yourselves. You all make me sick!" Shaw spat out then crooked a wicked smile. "I'll hang your corpse from the back of my ship for all to see." While he was busy talking about how he would hang Mashyuu's body, the Pirate was focusing on getting feeling back in his body. Each strike from the sea stone weapons had left the Pirate dazed and drained for a moment. But soon enough he was back and ready to strike. "Cloud of Knives!" He shouted and flicked his wrist, three throwing blades floated off his chest and one launched at Shaw, digging into his shoulder deeply while he was talking and distracted by his own speech. Shaw yelped in pain, stumbled back and yanked the dagger out of his shoulder, then snarled. "It's been many years since someone has drawn blood from me, let alone twice." Arron grumbled while taking off his jacket and tossing it aside.

Mashyuu was sore as all hell but he managed to pull himself up and finally drew his whip blade. Arron started to nod and couldn't hold back the joy on his face. "There it is, the two weapons, one given to you by a dirty old pirate who couldn't cut it in the world and retired on Jaya. My teacher ran him off the seas and I'll do the same to you!" Shaw lanced forward, going so fast that he was blind to his own movements but Mashyuu had figured out the man's striking pattern. Mashyuu stabbed his right arm out, and in turn felt a weight against his cane blade that sank deeper for a moment before Mashyuu pulled back. Blood dripped to the ground off of Mashyuu's sword and Shaw went pale in the face for a moment before he managed to pull himself together. "You only go in straight lines when you attack at top speeds, you're worried you'll lose control if you don't." Mashyuu quipped, stating that he saw the flaw in Shaw's combative skills. Shaw dropped his right handed weapon and placed his palm to the bleeding wound in his abs. Mashyuu rushed the man and took a swing with his whip blade but even injured on the legs, shoulder and abdomen, Shaw was faster, quickly slipping backwards while throwing his left arm up to hit Mashyuu's jaw with the sea stone tonfa. Both men stumbled back and nearly fell over their own feet. Right behind Mashyuu laid the dead marine and Shaw simply looked down at the body behind him. "Soon you're going to join him." Shaw dropped to a knee and smashed his tonfa into the ground. "Lock Ness Monster! Once again the ground rolled up towards Mashyuu but instead of throwing him off his feet, a massive sea serpent like figure of earth erupted out of the ground before him, then exploded. Dirt and stone pelted Mashyuu hard, throwing him to the ground, and sent his weapons scattering away from him. Slowly Mashyuu rolled to his stomach on the dead marine and his eyes started to search while the young Pirate tried to push himself up.

While that was happening, Shaw started to walk over to Mashyuu, smirking the entire time. "For a second, I thought you had me. But you're just too slow. Every hit you landed was a lucky one wasn't it? Well you're about to die." Shaw reached down and grabbed Mashyuu's shoulder tightly then yanked him up onto his feet. Dazed, and about at his limit, Mashyuu spat on Shaw's face. "Well Shaw, you know what they say. Lucky is half of being good." Suddenly a click sounded over Shaw's left wrist and both men looked down. Mashyuu had grabbed the dead marines cuffs, and locked one end on his own wrist and the other to Shaw's. Quickly Mashyuu yanked one of the daggers that had started to float up near him out of the air and jabbed it into Shaw's ribs. Shaw's eyes went wide with fear and pain, he couldn't get a good angle to attack with his left hand while Mashyuu had a clear shot at Shaw's ribs. Arron tried to pull back but couldn't get far away due to the cuffs holding the pair together. "You're speed means nothing locked together!" Mashyuu flipped the throwing dagger in his palm so the pommel was facing up, brought his body as low as he could then thrust  the weapon up into Shaw's jaw. "Ragnar's Spear!" The pommel of the blade was smashed up into the jaw of Arron with a heavy impact. Arron's head jerked up and back, his green eyes rolled into the back of his head before he fell to the ground unconscious. The weight of Shaw falling brought Mashyuu down too and the Pirate had to pull the key to the cuffs with his magnetic power. Once it was in his hand, Mashyuu unlocked the cuff from his own wrist and secured Shaw's arms behind his back then kicked the batons away. Slowly he dragged Shaw's body to the ledge of the trench and dropped Shaw into the pit where his men waited. "Alright, you heard the deal..... Call off your goons for my friend!" Mashyuu ordered the Revs, then pulled his weapons back to him with his devil fruit powers.

After a bit of slapping around from the Revolutionaries who were ordered by Shaw to let him handle Mashyuu and Sofia, the men managed to uncuff their captain and in turn he respected the agreement that the two had made. Heading over to a table in the trench with a large den den on it he clicked a button. "Attention, we are allowing a one time trade of goods between a small group of Pirates and the marines. There will be a woman coming from the marine headquarters dressed in armor, let her pass. I'll give everyone the details of the trade in an hour or so.." Mashyuu fell to his rear and placed his head against his knees, sore and in more pain than he cared to admit. He thought after his battle while learning haki he wouldn't be getting hurt very often but he was wrong, so very wrong. Another strike or two would from that speed would have taken Mashyuu down, or worse. Slowly he started to drift off while the Revolutionaries saw that Arron got medical attention quickly. While the two gentlemen were enemies, they had earned one another's respect.

So it turns out spoilers turn out all white on this layout, I'll put spoilers here

Skills used:

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Sofia then started to dash out of the Marine's base, running in her armor towards the barren stretch of land that surrounded it, to then start to make way towards the Cream Pirates. And, oddly, she couldn't see Mashyuu. Where was he?

And she knew that she couldn't Den Den Mushi him here, because of how communications had been shut down. Without much of a choice, she continued straight to the cook's camp.

"They accept the trade." she immediately huffed out to Lars, once she arrived. "The... Marines. They accept the trade."

"Perfect." the Cream Captain then chuckled. "I guess it's up to us to then get the food in there, huh?"

"I could help, if you want..." she then admitted.

"And, how do we know that we can trust the Marines?" one of the Cream Pirates chimed in.

"Can you trust me?" Sofia then mentioned.

"We already know you won't lie to us." Lars then interjected. "It's more about if the Marines lied to you. What's our guarantee?"

The noble looked side to side. "I'll be right back. There's something about that."

After a small trip off out of view, towards behind one of the camp tents, she returned with a handful of seastone nuggets.

"This is an advance." she then said, handing it over to the captain. "You'll get the rest once the food gets to them."

"Oh. Ohohohoho!" Lars cheered, taking it. "Just with this alone, it's worth it! Whoa!"

"And you'll have a whole sack for yourself once you get back after delivering the food." Sofia then noted.

"Alright. You got it." the Cream Pirate then said. "You better have that seastone ready!"

"Also, where's Mashyuu?" she then asked. "I haven't seen him."

"He got into a bit of a tussle." one of them said. "Some fight with a Rev."

"Damn. I'll go with you guys then." Sofia stated. "I'll try to find Mashyuu along the way - where did you last see him?"

"Well..."

After joining in the Cream Pirate's transport bee-line towards the Marine's Station, she made a detour towards the trench that one of the Creams had seen Mashyuu get into. She could quickly assess that he looked beaten up and tired from his looks, and she spared no time in trying to get him back up.

"Mashyuu!" she then called out. "The trade is underway, we've done it! You can tell me all about what's happened later, but for now... Here, look."

She showed him a miniaturized sack of seastone that she slid out from behind her armor, to then tuck it back in. "It's small because of my Devil Fruit powers, but that's a whole sack. Your sack. All yours for when we get out of here - but its dangerous for you to be tired here. It's a battlefield! Let's go, you can do it Mashyuu!* I can treat you once we're out of here!"

And there, she noticed that the Creams were already making their way back to the camp, and she went over to join them, hoping Mashyuu would follow too.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum