Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3) EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Gran Voyage Type: Story (Jordsand Event, phase 3)
Gran Voyage Name: A Gentleman's Finest Explosives III (BbS - Phase 3)
Gran Voyage Location: Jordsand
Level: 1
Gran Voyage Description:
There are two neighboring deposits of seastone, one controlled by the Marines and another by revolutionaries, surrounded by pirates. Sofia, being the negotiator that she is, will try to figure out a way to obtain some of the precious mineral without violence.

Making use of the fact that the Marine are basically trapped, Sofia will hypothesize and then confirm that they need food. With so many pirates around, they have no reliable supply line, and they can't eat the seastone they're obtaining.

So, she will try to propose to them to exchange food for the only resource they have: seastone.

However, there's another issue: actually getting to the Marines from the outside, and then back, and getting the food in the first place. For that, Sofia will make use of the old contacts she made way back at the start of her journey here at Jordsand - the Cream Pirates (from aGFE I). These, just like the first time she had met them, are interested in Seastone as well, but they are also expert cooks! (hence the name). And, as the seastone-hungry pirates as they are, they're already part of that surrounding blockade, which is going to be useful to get through it.

Using a continuation of this storyline: aGFE I, aGFE II to do the Phase 3 of the Event.
NPCing: Nope.
Enemies: None? (We're not fighting?)
Goal:

• Negotiating with the Marines to exchange food for seastone.
  • Negotiating with the Cream Pirates to supply food to us (for the Marines) in exchange for seastone.
  • Have a surplus between the amount of seastone the Marines give us and the amount we pay the Cream Pirates. Profit!

Registration: https://strawhats.rpg-board.net/t2489-a-gentleman-s-finest-explosives-iii-bbs-phase-3

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
“Yeah, a lot of us have been moved over to Twin Peaks” one of the Marines said, as he ate his gray oatmeal at the Marine’s cafeteria.

“Twin Peaks?” Anna Blue asked, seated in front of him, besides Sofia.

“Yeah. Some new mining place.” he replied, and gobbled up another spoonful. “Got some Revs next to it though, so there’s been beef between them, you know? But I think they’ll handle it. I hope. Lots of fighting going on in there, communications have been shut down too. So, just a matter of waiting and seeing how it goes down.”

“If the Revs are just next to it, couldn’t they just… Leave the place from their own side?” Sofia asked.

“Oh.” the Marine then said, to then start to draw a circle with his hand in the air. “There’s also like, a bunch of pirates too. Surrounding it.”

The noble's eyebrows raised and her eyes widened in concern. “...How are they going to get out?”

“Beats me.” the other then replied with a shrug. “Maybe they’ll just blast their way through those pirates once they’ve got the loot and ditch the place. We don’t know. Communications are down, after all.”

“I see.” Sofia replied, to then grab her chin and nod.

Back on her ship, she dialled Mashyuu Ishi on her Den Den phone, the captain of the Phantom Raiders. She had a plan for this, but she needed someone who was strong enough - and a pirate - in order to pull this off. Plus, she had been dealing with pirates before in order to help out the Marines, so it wasn’t like this was going to come off as unusual to the World Government. It used to be a point of contention, and probably still is a minor one at least, but Sofia has been allowed to be a lot more comfortable with this strategy of hers lately (especially after her success with the Miner Pirates problem, via getting help from the Cream Pirates), of using pirates to both the pirate’s and the government’s benefit.

Everyone wins. Just, she had to figure out how to achieve it.

She highly suspected that the Marines would run out of food. Eventually. If they’re surrounded by pirates with no escape (nor entry, presumably), they’ll starve to death. So, she would need to figure out a way to transport food through the “wall” of pirates. And nothing better than a pirate to help her deal with pirates.

Plus, he still had that armor of hers.

“Hello?” she asked through the snail. “Mashyuu? It’s me, Lady Sofia. How’s it going. I was wondering how that armor of mine was going. Also… I’ve got another issue that could benefit us both. I want to strike a deal with the Cream Pirates...And the Marines. So that they’ll get food and not die, and we’ll hopefully get a profit in seastone if negotiations go well - because it’s all they have, I suspect. But hey, it’s pretty good! No violence, just plain old having the Marines give us their good ol' seastone on their own volition.”

Batman4560

Batman4560
Hover over the image below!

THREAD INFORMATION

Skills Used: N/A
Current Haki Stamina: 10/10
Plotter Link:(Click the black space)Plot Info
Skills:(Click the black space)Skill Set
WC Requirement: 00,000
Comments, Concerns, Etc.: I might put all my spoilers here

After Mashyuu had gone to help Perila and her new ally, he returned back to the Skycleaver and started to rest again for a full two days. At last Harley's request for Mashyuu to not be a pirate for a bit had been heard. He slept soundly most of the time, only waking up to change his bandages, use the bathroom, bathe or eat. Around midday the den den on Mashyuu's nightstand started to ring. Purru purru purru- Purru purru purru. Mashyuu lazily reached out and grabbed the den den, clicking it on and looking as it blinked and opened its eyes to take a vague shape similar to Sofia's.

Mashyuu smiled simply because he hadn't heard from Sofia in a while and was starting to worry but was happy that she was safe. "Sofia, how are you doing? Mashyuu asked then glanced down at the ribs that had finally healed after being cut on his left flank. A smile spread over his face, and he listened to the woman explain what she needed. "...Armor? You never came to get it? It was done the morning you woke up. It's just sitting in my smithy. Come get it." Mashyuu replied but then went silent again.

"I'm sorry, you want to what? Strike a deal with marines and pirates so they not only don't kill one another but help keep each other alive? Are they both fighting Revs.?" Mashyuu didn't expect the answer to be yes. "Alright, yeah come to my ship while I get dressed. I've been on mandatory bed rest for the last two days but I'm feeling better and this doesn't sound like I'll need to fight. Besides I might learn a thing or two from you." Mashyuu reasoned while brushing his hair out of his face with his fingers.

Slowly Mashyuu pulled himself out of the bed and hung up the Den Den. He got dressed in a pair of red and black checkered slacks, a pair of black leather boots that looked like dress shoes, a white button down shirt and a black suit jacket with red buttons. He secured his bladed belt around his waist and picked up the cane blade he had made on Skypiea.

Lazily he made his way to the main deck of the ship and asked Sky, his navigator to grab the armor from below deck and put it on the main deck in a near by chest. Once Sofia arrived he waved her up and pointed to the chest near the gangplank. "Armor is in there, now, what exactly do you want me to do? Do you know where we are going? Lay the details on me and tell me how I can help!" Mashyuu asked and said with an excited tone, happy to be getting out of the ship again and finally possibly getting some seastone.

©️ Coding done by Hero Yamamoto

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
“Heyo Mashyuu! And, you got it. Let’s get right into this.” Sofia then replied with a chipper smile, to then pull out a notepad from her purse, and a pen. With the help of her Marine companion, Anna Blue, she had managed to get a general overview of the situation. With the Jordsand Marines knowing that Sofia wanted to take the risk of helping out their friends that were stuck at the Twin Peaks, they were generous in aiding her with the information she would need to accomplish her goal. She had help the Jordsand Marines before, after all, with the issue they had with the Miner Pirates and the Cream Pirates.

Just, they wouldn’t lend her any actual people to go with her. She wasn’t a Marine herself after all, and she wouldn’t wait for some higher-up to steal her idea here and authorize the movement of troops for this mission. Sofia knew that if she wanted to earn glory and merit for this, she had to act quick. And on her own - well, not entirely on her own. Luckily, Mashyuu was going to help her out, an aid that she massively appreciated.

“You see…” she started off, starting to illustrate the situation, drawing a map of the Twin Peaks, illustrating them as a pair of upside-down Us with her less-than-stellar artistic abilities.

“Over here are the Marines.” she said, tapping with her pen on one side. “They’re on this mountain, stuck, with loads of seastone. And so are the Revs, on this other side here, with their own seastone. And they’re fighting each other, you see. But, there’s a bigger problem...”

She then started to draw a big circle around both of the mountains.

“..:They’re surrounded by pirates” she noted. “Who, most likely want their own handy share of their loot of seastone for themselves. And since they’re surrounding them, those people in there likely can’t get any supplies - it’s like a siege. And they can’t survive in there forever.”

“So.” Sofia noted. “The plan is to get one of those pirates in the circle to help us out, because that will provide us with a way in and out of this circle. The Cream Pirates I’ve helped before are quite likely part of the circle, given how they were interested in seastone before, so I’m hoping that we could arrange a deal with them.”

“But, of course…” she continued. “It can all go horribly wrong, because we’re going to be going straight into the heart of the conflict here in Jordsand to do business. Which is why I’d like to have the armor… upgraded. If possible - I’ve got more ore, maybe we could reinforce it. How quickly could we get that done?”

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

Word Count: 0,000
Word Count: 00,000

Mashyuu followed along with what Sofia was drawing and explaining. He didn't like the idea of helping marines... at all... nor did he like the idea of really helping the Revs, in his mind they were just a step above the marines when things boiled down. Still he couldn't say every marine and every Rev was a bad person and as a reaction he simply sighed with annoyance and tapped his forehead in thought until Sofia asked about upgrading the armor after he had just made it. A vein on the corner of his forehead started to pulse with annoyance but his dark hair hid the pulsing blood vessel. Slowly Mashyuu placed his fingertips to his hairline and he started to mumble, almost with an annoyed tone. "You mean to tell me, that after I did all that work, and asked to make sure there was nothing else you wanted me to do with it... That you now want me to do more to it? I can do it but I'll have to reforge it all. It's not like I can just make some more plates of armor and just slap it on what is already there. If I did that the entire balance and weight of the armor could become compromised and it might not hold up under pressure. It's very important that you tell me exactly what you want. Because honestly I can do anything if I put my mind to it and practice long enough. But if you're going to ask me to remake this, I'm afraid I need to charge you for it. I'm a Pirate and I don't mind helping my friends but I'm also trying to run a business here. I can't just give everyone I know unlimited free gear. But I'll cut you a big discount on it since you're supplying the ore and and all. If you know anyone in Skypiea you should get Skypiean steel ingots from them. The ore is lighter than normal steel and much better looking. Anyway yes I can do it, it's going to take like a day if you want me to get started right away or we can do it after we get done with this and you can trust that my work will hold up in any combat situation for the time being." Mashyuu muttered almost without taking a real breath.

Mashyuu took a deep breath of air, looked back to the entrance to the lower decks of his vessel then narrowed his eyes. "I can do it but if this job of yours is a time sensitive matter we should do that first. Unless you want something simple like an extra piece of armor to go with what you already have. Otherwise I'll need to actually reforge the suit." Mashyuu said in an even tone. He wasn't upset with the request just annoyed that he had to reforge something he had literally stayed up all night to make in the past. "And how exactly are we going to get past the Revs before making it to the marines? We might actually have to fight our way through them..."

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
“Well…” she started off. The noble could clearly notice how Mashyuu was a bit on the line here, being tense and all. She knew she would very likely need to sweeten this deal for him, with the only thing she knew she could try to use on nearly anyone: wealth.

If she knew more about his inner philosophy and ideals, she could probably try to get at him through that route, but given how time was a pressing matter here, she had to go with a safe shot to secure this part, at least. Staying alive was extremely important, after all.

“...I’ll offer you all of the seastone we get as profit. All of it, as payment for this.” she then said. “I’m going to have to be the face for this, so I’ll get all of the glory. That will be my half of the deal. How about it?”

She then figured that she should probably go more in depth about the whole plan, the Marine angle to it seemed to have gotten to him too.

“I get that we’re making deals with Marines.” she then said, trying to go for that philosophical angle that she left out before, going for it now that hopefully her survivability was secured. “And that’s… probably not the most ideal for a pirate like you. So, I feel like I need to explain the bigger idea to this.”

She inhaled, and took a moment to gather her resolve. “I want the Marines to see the pirates as brothers and sisters again. As part of our society, as part of our whole. Ultimately, I want everyone to live back in community again - this divide between the two, I don’t like it. I understand that there are differences, but I want to slow grind and file them away. That’s why I want to have pirates working together with Marines for common goals. In the end, each Marine is a person, and what is important to me isn’t the “Marine ideal” - that’s just some designed set of rules, it’s not sentient in itself. What matters to me are the Marines themselves. As people. And pirates too, honestly, heh. I want to bring those people together.”

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

Mashyuu motioned towards the captain's quarters of the ship that had been changed to allow for a good meeting space and headed that way to give Sofia a place to sit while the duo spoke. After she explained her situation Mashyuu sat at the head of his table and folded his fingers in front of his face and thought for a moment. "The entire reason I'm even here is for that Seastone, so you have me there. I need to get my gloved hands on it... I can't say I like that you're taking the lead on this but you just have more pull in this situation than I do. So I take it I'm there to act as muscle in case things go wrong? If I'm being honest it feels like you're using me Sofia. But I get it and I would do the same if I were in your case."

Lazily he reached behind him to a small table and pulled a bottle of scotch from the table and two chilled glasses, pouring himself a glass and offering one to Sofia. "And your goal of uniting the world is a noble one. It's a foolish one but a noble one. Humans, Fishman, Skypieans, Giants.... hell animals, all go to war, they all fight one another. There isn't anything we can do about that at all. No matter how hard we try, people are going to hurt one another." Mashyuu went on. "But if bringing some folks together is going to get me that seastone, then that's fine. You lead the way and I'll go ahead and follow your lead on this." Mashyuu assured Sofia. The man took a swig of his drink and looked back to Sofia. "Besides you're my friend and I'm not going to leave you alone in your time of need. When do we leave?" He asked, standing up and smoothing out his jacket while wearing a smile on his face.

Honestly speaking Mashyuu couldn't believe he was about to go off and help Marines and Pirates, plus he still didn't have any answers about the Revs in the area, that was dangerous enough as it was. How did he really feel about doing this? He wasn't honestly sure, but if he could get the sea stone in order to craft something he could use to defend himself later, well that wouldn't be a bad idea and if he could help Sofia get a step closer to achieving his silly dream then he was doing his job as a friend. "Before we go... I can grab Harley and offer some medical aid to injured Pirates and Marines, if you think that would help. Harley isn't really a Pirate, just a friend who decided to come along with us. Is that okay with you?"

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Sofia followed along him, going to the table and taking sips of scotch now and then.

“Well, yes. It’s a proposal for mutual benefit.” she noted, after he mentioned that thing about using him. It wasn’t her intention, really, although it was indeed the truth - and she wanted him to “use” her as well, with her doing her part of this.

“And, yes, it is quite idealistic…” she said. “But, I have to try, at least. There is no overall profit in war, only losses. We would progress so much quicker as a whole if we all just worked together. I… just need to figure out a way to get close to that ideal, because I get that it’s going to likely be quite impossible to reach that. But the closer we can get to it, the better. That’s all I strive for.”

In fact, she has already had to try to cut people out of that utopian ideal world-community in order to get funds to finance this whole thing - by handing in bounties. It was something she had a hard time bringing herself to do, but she knew that it was going to be harder through other ways, at least with the information and knowledge that she had so far about what her opportunities are.

“And, thank you Mashyuu. I appreciate it a lot - I won’t disappoint!” the girl would then say with resolve once he agreed to joining her. “Harley? Sure, if they’re a friend of yours, they are a friend of mine as well.”

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

"Alright, then we leave soon... Wait. You haven't met Harley yet? She's my doctor. Come on I'll introduce you... well she's the doctor of this ship. You're gonna love her." Mashyuu stood from his seat and walked with Sofia to get the trunk that had armor in it, then wandered down stairs towards his forge again, stopping on the deck below the main deck to call out. "Harley! Harley come here I need you to meet someone!" Harley stepped out of her doctors office, thinking Mashyuu had brought him another injured man that needed to be treated. To her relief there was just a busty woman standing near Mashyuu. "Harley, this is Sofia, Sofia this is my doctor Harley Ashes." He introduced the pair. Harley, the brunette with hair cut to frame her jaw with a single braid near her forehead, standing in black high heels and a red sundress and white stockings with a white lab coat, she strutted up to the women. Harley extended her hand to Sofia's and offered her a gentle smile. "Hi there, it's nice to meet you."

Mashyuu waited a moment then cleared his throat. "Harley, Sofia here is going to be needing our help with aiding some injured and hungry pirates and marines. I was hoping you would offer some aid with that?" Harley listened to the basic plan and nodded her head while humming to herself. "Yeah absolutely, let me grab my medical bag and we can get a move on." Harley raced to her office and started to throw some tools into a bag. "Look it's like I was saying earlier, this armor is going to take a bit to re work.... If you draw me a map of where I am and what area you are going to basically be in, I'll meet you out there if it's all the same to you? It's gonna take me a day or so to get this armor in order." Mashyuu admitted while glancing to the ladder below, annoyed he had to rework the armor that he had already made for her.

Mashyuu waved goodbye to Sofia and Harley then dragged the armor back down to the forge. The winged pirate waited for Sofia's men to bring more ore for him to work with then stood, looking at the armor he spent all his time on, staying up until the point that he passed out working. The man grumbled under his breath, a fire of rage filled his eyes as he started to pace. "Asked me to make armor, I make it. Doesn't even try it on or test it, asks for me to do it better? How the fuck am I supposed to do it better? Now it's all scrap! This is some major bull shit!" Mashyuu turned and pushed his hand out, throwing the armor with a repelling blast into the wall of the room, causing the armor to clatter loudly and start to dent in on itself as he shook with rage. Mashyuu pushed on the armor until it was pancaked then hurled the armor aside and dropped to his knees, drawing deep breaths of air while glaring at the work.

"I'll show her.... I'll make the armor of a devil..." Mashyuu huffed through clenched teeth. Who was she to not even wear it before demanding it be remade? She wanted full protection, well she would get it, and then some. Mashyuu stormed up to the top deck of the ship and took Sky, his navigator by the wrist. "You make all your own clothes right? Good. I need you to get some red dye and re work a dress for me." "A dress?.... You're not going to wear it are you?" Mashyuu glared at Sky then shook his head. "I'm making armor for the devil. She wears a red dress and all I have is a blue one.... In fact, turn the dress into a body suit and use whatever is left to make skirting on it."

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Sofia welcomed having Harley with her, greeting her and thanking her for her help, but as the social specialist that she was, the winged’s annoyed glance to the ladder wouldn’t go unnoticed. Yet, she couldn’t really pinpoint what had happened, as good as a person-reader as she was, it was going to take some guessing and deduction to figure out the reasons why that was happening was there, because it wasn’t immediately obvious to her, unfortunately. She was too used to commanding people around as the noble that she was, not really too familiar with other regards about it.

Something about the armor. And presumably something about the task he was about to do, if he was looking at the ladder. He didn’t want to forge it? She couldn’t tell why, exactly. Just that something was up. It worried her, but she didn’t entirely know how to approach the issue here, and instead, followed the lead of going with his medic for now.

Until later, when she arranged to get the extra ore to Mashyuu, she heard a loud clash inside his ship.

“Trouble?” Anna Blue immediately blurted out, as she stood inside of the Castle Castle user’s head.

Sofia sure hoped not. The noble rushed over to see what it was - Mashyuu had helped her before in a crisis situation, at Hunter Jacquelin, and she had to do the same. A black layer of ambition started to creep across her arms, as she prepared for the worst.

But when she arrived, racing across the deck and leaping down the ladder, all she saw was Mashyuu and the armor on the floor, turned into warped metal.

She sighed. With him being the only person supposed to be here and the clues from before that she had picked up, she assumed that he had thrown it himself.

“I..” she started off. She wanted to apologize, but she didn’t know for what, exactly. It pained her to see him like this, and she wanted him to feel better - just, she didn’t know how.

“Are you alright, Mashyuu?” she then asked, changing the course of what she was saying. “Everything alright - no enemies here?”

[Haki: 9/10 - Busoshoku used.]

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

Mashyuu didn't glance at Sofia at first, simply letting her voice carry in his forge. At the same time Sky was fiddling with the dress, happy to be doing something other than tending to the ship. After a long pause, the Winged Warrior took a deep breath of air then spoke in a shakey tone. "Everything is fine Sofia... I take it you brought the ore?" He asked and started to look in her direction, not too keen on seeing her at the moment until he noticed the strange sheen of energy on her. He had seen it before, hell he had tapped into it before but couldn't actually bring it up at will. "That... I need to learn how to do that. You're going to teach me later, we will call it even for the armor. In addition I'm making you the armor that I want to make, you don't get a say in it. These are my terms for starting over after you insulted my pride as a Blacksmith by not using the armor I worked hard on before simply casting it aside and demanding me to improve it. If you can't agree to these terms then you can take the ore and leave now. I won't hold it against you and I'll still help you with your mission of peace." Mashyuu glared at Sofia, not in a mean or angry way but in a way that said he was serious about the terms.

After a few moments of silence Mashyuu and Sofia came to an agreement and the man with wings waved Sofia away. "Harley is waiting for you and I have a lot of work to do. Keep my doctor safe Sofia. Harley is my best friend and I hold her closer to my heart than anything else. Even if I can't tell her that." Mashyuu walked Sofia to the door of his forge then slammed the thing shut behind her and locked the door. The Skypiean took a few bars of steel, humans steel was sturdy but lacked the fine details of Skypiean steel, making it fine for crafting but dull and uninteresting to look at. Mashyuu planned on changing that.

Using a magnetic pull Mashyuu yanked the bars of steel out of his forge and dipped them into a bucket of water. At the same time Sky unlocked the door and stepped into the room with a body suit that used to be Sofia's simple blue and black brigandine and she had made it red and it would be tighter to Sofia's body but offer better base protection and warmth after Sky combined it with the fabric of her dress and dyed the materials. Mashyuu hammered out a piece of metal to look like his wings in shape when they were spread, this would act as a breast place for Sofia with a few pins at the center and tips of the wings to keep the armor in place but offer some flexibility for a fight. Next Mashyuu started to hammer out metal in the shape of half a corset, thinner than most armors but flexible and easy to work. This worked as a base for his armor and the smithy made sure it would fit around the dress. Once it was the proper shape he placed it to the back of the thick padded armor that Sky had sewn together. Next he punched a small hole an inch above the base of the armor, then again just under where the socket of the arm would be on the armor, repeating this on both sides of the back plate of the armor.

Next Mashyuu made a similar piece of metal that would come out on the breast to offer a bit of protection on support. Mashyuu placed a bit of soft fabric in the metal where Sofia's breasts would rest and used a small punch to place a thin rivet in the fabric and metal to hold the fabric in place and make the armor at least somewhat comfortable for her. After hammering the metal out for what felt like an hour, but was closer to two, Mashyuu placed the armor on the padding and made sure it fit close to the back piece but had roughly a half inch between the two pieces to allow for easier movement. Mashyuu picked up a set of four thick leather straps that were similar to a belt and looped them into the metal slits in the armor he had made. He used it to tie the armor together at the sides tight, but it still allowed for the armor to be removed if needed without the need for help. Following this Mashyuu put a set of holes in the shoulder area of the suit, so that the armor could be fastened at the shoulder with leather straps as well.

Once he had finished with this, Mashyuu picked up the piece of metal he had crafted earlier in the day that looked like wings, and bent them to cover the curve and top of Sofia's breasts, taking a pin and metal hole puncher he fastened the winged armor piece to the front piece of the armor he had already crafted. Next he made a curved four inch wide, thick piece of metal that had a flat edge to slide into place with the curve of the wing armor to help deflect attacks made at the throat. Again, Mashyuu used rivets to hold the armor in place. To support this the Skypiean took a small blowtorch and welded the three piece that made up the chest armor's front half together. Next he took a fine metal hand sander no large than the size of his palm and to smooth out the metal so it all looked like it had been crafted together in one piece.

With the majority of the body armor done, Mashyuu melted two pieces of steel together and cooled it, taking his hammer the man started to once again make shoulder pad, similar to the ones he had made before for her. But where those pads ended at points, these looked closer to half circles. Once the shoulder pad was done, Mashyuu took the excess steel and clipped it off, then melted it again and made curved spikes that looked like a devils horn. Again he used his blowtorch to weld the horn like spike (witch Mashyuu made sure was very sharp) to the shoulder pad so that if someone took a shot at Sofia from above the shoulder, the horn would block the strike and at least soften the blow. He repeated the process to make a second shoulder pad of the same design. Mashyuu carved out two holes in the shoulder pads, again at the bottom of each side of the shoulder pads so that they could be strapped in where the holes in the two body pieces of the armor were and it would all be held together by one strap completely covered in armor.

The Pirate then went on to make two thick bracers that would cover from the wrist down to Sofia's elbow. The bracer after being heated, treated and bent and hammered into place was two inches thick. The tops were made of three pieces of layered metal that looked like arrows, allowing for easier movement and flexing of the forearm while also covering the top of the back of the hand. The gloves he made were red like the rest of the body suit but the back of the fingers were protected by thin bands of metal that laced around the fingers like rings with one half made of flat metal as long as the bone between knuckles.

By the time this was done Sky had come back to check on Mashyuu, leaving him a large plate of food and chilled water on his desk as night had fallen long ago and the man hadn't stopped working, his mind flying through ideas and his body unable to stop due to being put into a gear unlike any he had been in before. The Pirate had somehow harnessed anger, pain and drive into one emotion to keep himself working on the armor.

When she looked at Mashyuu, the Smith was hard at work making one inch thick pieces of armor to cover the outer thigh of Sofia. Each piece was crafted to slide up her leg like a boot, stopping at the hip where it could fastened to a belt in order to help keep the armor in place but should have fit perfectly to Sofia's strong thigh. Each piece of metal stopped a quarter inch above the knee at a point facing up. Next Mashyuu took the boots he had made for Sofia earlier, there wasn't much he could do there considering he only had the one pair of leather boots covered in metal. But he did take a very thin piece of metal for each leg and used his magnetic devil fruit to pull the thin sheets of metal around the calf high boots and again his blowtorch came into play to weld the metal together. Finally Mashyuu made knee guards, diamond shaped caps to cover the front of the knees, held in place by thin elastic bands that wrapped behind the leg.

By the time that was done Mashyuu took a few steps back and examined his work, happy with the look of the armor over all. The man inspected every inch of it and called Sky back in one more time. "I want to make this a bit personal for her. Something she can be proud to wear. It's already got my personal logo on it at the breast plate. The wings of an angel, in this case a guardian angel protecting her heart. It's a bit symbolic and cheesy but the shape happened to work out well for this. However I want to give this a belt that has a skirting, like a flag, something that has her personal emblem on it." Sky considered this for a moment and nodded her head. "Yeah I can do that, give me an hour and a half. In the mean time eat something." Mashyuu agreed to the terms and sat down to feast on a small but filling dinner.

Sky returned to the forge with a belt from her personal collection, thick red leather with a white skirting that had Sofia's personal emblem stitched into the skirting. The skirt would drape just below the knees of the armor and looked like it fit well to the theme of the armor. Mashyuu then sighed and placed his hand over a small bowl that had been cleaned out and dragged a blade over his palm, cutting the flesh of his left hand enough that blood welled out but not enough that he would need stitches. He held his closed fist over the bowl and let his blood drip into the bowl then wrapped his hand in a thick cloth. Harley would yell at him later for it. He then picked up a thin brush and began to carefully paint on the now cooled armor. First under the set of armored wings, that looked like a small angel. Following this he painted a small half circle under the painted wings, and to boarder that he made a curved line going from the sides, down to the hips. One line on each side. Next on the shoulder pads he painted thick lines going from the top of the shoulder pad around to the end of it, and again on the back half of each pad. For the horns of the shoulder pads he painted a dual sided arrow and placed four more arrows along the shaft of the previously painted arrows. To finish the armor, Mashyuu painted a thin band around the top of the thigh armor, then down to the knee on the same pieces of armor. Ending the painting with a simple line of blood down the boot armor.

By the time the armor was done, Mashyuu was beat. He stepped out of the forge, made his way up to his room with heavy eyes, stripped down and flopped on his bed, sleeping for the day leaving Sofia and Harley to their own devices while he recovered from the long days work without stopping...

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
“Yeah, I got the ore up there.” she mentioned. “And, alright. I’ll… Trust your judgement in making the armor.”

He already did a pretty good job the first time, and he had her measurements already from then, so she had confidence that it would be alright, if he was motivated to. Which, he definitely seemed to be. Just, that he had tainted his honor with her words about his work, something that as a noble, had never actually happened to her yet. People mostly just nodded and kept on with whatever job they had to do, but she felt like Mashyuu talked to her as an equal, so that he wouldn’t just lower his head about this. Which, she appreciated, but this whole concept was still quite alien to her. Regardless, she didn’t want any ill to come to him, and if she had harmed him, even if she didn’t fully understand why; due to her upbringing, she would try to make amends to fix it, the best she could.

It pained her to see Mashyuu hurt like this.

“I don’t like seeing you like this.” she then admitted. “I… apologize. I didn’t mean to do that to you. And thank you so much for doing this for me.”

After, she nodded and mentioned that she would take a lot of care of Harley, as well as noting on the map where she would try to met up, to then go out and talk with her about how they’d coordinate, to then head out to the Twin Peaks the next day.

Sofia arrived to the edge of the disaster area with a troupe of five of the Gruntson Brothers, with Anna Blue and her father inside her head as usual, for safety and counsel.

Just in case, she brought up her Baby Den Den Mushi and dialled for Mashyuu, to confirm that their communication worked - but then she remembered that it didn’t. The Mushi wasn’t reacting to her, it looked asleep, and as much as she touched it, it wouldn’t wake up. It was just like the Marine said: the communications were blocked off.

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

Harley hiked with Sofia and her five male friends. She had no idea who the non-descript men were nor did she say much to them. Honestly Harley didn't like going with a group that wasn't the Phantom Raiders when she was in a war torn land with three factions. She wasn't even much of a fighter so if something happened it wasn't like she'd be much help. From the looks of it, Sofia wasn't the best fighter either considering she asked Mashyuu to make her a heavy set of armor. I'm gonna die here... Harley thought to herself and looked out over the land that seemed rather bland. She had no idea where to start or what to do. So Harley hoisted her low slung red doctors bag over her shoulder by the long strap, hugging it to her flared hip. After learning they were going to be walking, Harley dressed in a pair of blue shorts, a red tank top and practical shoes that were blue like her shorts. Her short brown hair pulled into a loose pony tail that almost seemed too tight at the top.

"So... Sofia. Seeing as you're the acting Captain of this little journey. Do you want to fill us in on what we are looking at and what we are doing here? If I'm going to get shot by Pirates, Marines or Revs while trying to help a different faction, I'd like to know what to expect. And where are we? Everything looks dull and colorless here. Are you sure we are in the right place? Harley's brown eyes darted to the men, looking to see what they thought. She was never the type to not say what was on her mind and often challenged someone when she didn't like a situation and this was for sure a situation Harley didn't like. If anyone had noticed, they would have seen her constantly looking over her shoulder to see if Mashyuu would be in the air to catch up to them but she wasn't so lucky. Ughhh... Hurry up. I don't like this one bit... She thought to herself then gave her attention back to Sofia.

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
“Well, yeah.” Sofia pointed out with a soft chuckle. “It’s pretty barren because of all of the warring here. All of the stepping around, bombing and shots must’ve had that effect.”

“It seems to be pretty calm right now though.” the noble noted. “They likely can’t be firing constantly all day and night long, but this is really part of the siege. Even if there’s silence, they’re likely on the watch to see who dares to cross and fire at them. Maybe either side goes for a big push and all hell breaks lose. But for now, it seems to be quiet. There should be Pirate camps hidden around here.”

“Ah, and these here are the Gruntson brothers. Well, a few of them.” she added. “Never know when you might need some extra support, and these men can provide it. We’re still in a battle zone after all.”

“But yeah.” the girl went on. “The plan is to find a group of Pirates that are willing to help us out in exchange for a cut of the profits - this “siege” on the Marines and Revs is due to that they are making a ring around them, to then have them help us access the Marines and arrange a deal to get them food so that they don’t starve in there, in exchange for the seastone that they’ve got there. But, each Pirate crew is sort of their own deal, they’re not allied with each other, they just happen to have a common goal here for their own individual profit, I suspect. So, it’s possible to strike a deal with one of them, if it works in their favor.”

She then sighed. “But of course, it can all go horribly wrong. The pirates we propose to might just capture us and try to use as hostages. Or some other crew comes over to mess us up. Heck, even the Marines themselves could go after us, or the Revs. It’s a delicate situation. But with potentially huge rewards, because of the seastone involved. Just a matter of taking the risk. And hoping for the best.”

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

While Sofia explained the situation to Harley, the brown haired beauty glanced at the brothers and gave them a friendly nod to greet them in a somewhat polite way. The female pirate folded her arms over her chest and tapped her foot. The fact that Sofia was admitting that things could go terribly wrong made the young woman uneasy. She couldn't always say the best things about her Captain but he normally didn't act without a plan or two in place. The last time he did that, the two of them fell from Skypiea and barely landed on the Skycleaver at Mock Town. The woman frowned then motioned forward. "Well.... what are we waiting for? Like I said, you're the leader right now. Lead on, because I'm not going to do it. I'm just here to make sure people don't die."

Harley followed behind, bringing up the rear of the small troupe, glancing back over her shoulder one last time to see if Mashyuu would be flying over the horizon but alas he wasn't. He's probably worked so hard on the stupid armor that he fell asleep and needed to rest longer than we hoped he would. She thought while paying attention to the area around her. She tapped her foot on the ground and wondered if it was made of sea stone. Wouldn't it be ironic that so many people were on the island to get the stuff and it could have possibly been part of the ground they stood upon. "Hey Sofia, do you have a devil fruit power?" Harley asked then motioned to the ground. "Touch the ground with your bare hand and see what happens." Harley ordered Sofia, not sounding like she was willing to debate the matter. Harley stroked her chin and shook her head side to side. "That's a relief in a way, no issues with sea stone weakening us mid fight in the open. Sad that we can't just take it though and be done with all this." Harley thought aloud and continued on, looking out for a trap...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum