Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II Empty A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:36 pm

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Gran Voyage Type: Story - Black Market Introduction
Gran Voyage Name: A Gentleman's Finest Explosives II
Gran Voyage Location: Jordsand
Level: 1
Gran Voyage Description:

Sofia has had a track record of being able to eliminate piracy by helping them.

• She's reducing piracy on Sabaody via her Phoenix Academy School so that they can remake their lives and not have to resort to piracy to survive, and get normal jobs.
  • She recently got the Cream and Miner Pirates to destroy each other, by selling weapons to the Cream Pirates. Inciting strategic in-fighting among pirates, because wars between pirates (nearly) always end up in less pirates.

This perverse talent to be able to use helping pirates to the benefit of the World Government has started to spread in rumors among Marines, giving her a great reputation, and it had reached the ears of the Black Market. Someone who the World Government is actually fine with helping pirates is an immensely valuable asset for them, because they could get away with selling things to pirates more easily - if it fit Sofia's plans so that the end result is that such a sale actually benefits the World Government.

And so, a broker from the Black Market will approach her and try to get her to become his assistant.

NPCing: Nop

Registration: https://strawhats.rpg-board.net/t2330-a-gentleman-s-finest-explosives-ii

Sofia was having some lunch inside one of the Marine Station cafeterias, staring out the window. Life was changing for her, and pretty quick. Just a couple of months ago, she was just some noble of a place that nobody cared about, and now, she was starting to make a name for herself. After having sent the Creams and Miner Pirates against each other, a few Marine Captains had started to ask her for advice about how to deal with pirates elsewhere.

She sighed as she remembered those episodes. They kept on asking her about how to beat them up with armies and such, but she didn’t know about that sort of things! Wasn’t the way that she achieved victories clear? She defeated pirates via diplomacy and proper use of politics. After all, both Marines and pirates want to get rid of those pirates’ rivals, the Marines because it would mean less pirates, and the pirates because it would get rid of their rivals.

There were times when the interests of the World Government and that of pirates lined up. It was just a matter of using that to your advantage.

She slammed a hand against the table. It wasn’t about warfare! It was about reading people, understanding them!

“Oy, easy there. Some fly you had to kill or something?” Anna Blue, her Marine navigator then said, as she approached the table where she was with a tray of food.

“No, just. Daydreaming, I guess.” Sofia replied.

“Uh-huh.” the short one replied, to then sit down and grab her fork and knife. “Everything chill? Everything cool? Or is something up.”

The noble looked to a side. “It’s difficult. I’m getting fame and such, which is great. But it’s not of the kind that I expected. Rather, they’re misunderstanding my accomplishments, I feel.”

“Possibly.” Anna then replied, and then poked a meatball with her fork, to then wave it towards her. “In my opinion, it’s just that those guys that come for you for help want to have all of the answers spoon-fed to them. Yeah, your methods are different, but do you think those knuckleheads would even know the difference? Nah.”

Sofia dropped her shoulders. “Here I am, trying to make a name for myself in a certain way, to go against this culture of ‘conquest’ and violence, and I get the sort of fame of the style of doing things that I am trying to avoid.”

The navigator then shrugged. “Well, I’m sure that people who aren’t knuckleheads are getting the idea though.” she mentioned. “Don’t worry about it.”

“I guess so.” the noble replied. “I hope so.”

“Uh, Phillipa Sofia? Is she here?” a man then called out as he entered the cafeteria as he flopped a letter around in his hand. “Mail for ya.”

“Yeah” the noble replied, before going up and taking it. “It’s me.”

She then took it and started to inspect it. It was entirely blank all over.

“Who is it from?” she then asked. “How did you know it was for me?”

“Just something from the higher-ups.” the Marine replied. “I have no idea. I was just told to give it to you, sorry! Probably some sort of confidential information - that’s pretty common around here, believe it or not. With the guerilla and all going on outside, you can never be too safe. I suggest opening that in private.”

Sofia nodded. “Alright then” she replied.

---*---

After being at the cafeteria and eating lunch with Anna, she went over to the bathroom stalls and in there, she opened the letter to see what was inside. She thought that first that it might’ve been some kind of bomb or trap, but given how it had been handed over to her by a Marine, it seemed very unlikely, unless this station had been compromised or something.

She sighed. She really hoped that wasn’t the case.

With her finger, she started to peel off the flap that kept the envelope shut, and then once it was opened, she pulled out the paper that was within, and read it.

Dear Sofia,

It has come to our attention that you have close ties with both pirates and Marines, as well as your diplomatic talent when it comes to accomplishing your goals, such as your maneuver with the Cream Pirates and the Miner Pirates. We’re part of a group that is interested in aiding you with that kind of endeavour.

Please meet us inside this station at midnight.

Cheers,

Captain Bello

She then flushed the toilet and tucked the letter into her dress.

---*---

After making a few questions around about who this “Captain Bello” was, from their replies she quickly discovered that he was one of the people in charge of this particular Marine station, but that he was frequently absent.

And later that evening, she simply waited inside of the Station, as the night shifts started to come in and continue activity there. This place was open all day long, apparently, and with good reason. There was a constant war out there.

Then at midnight, with Sofia keeping herself up with coffee from the cafeteria, Bello appeared.

“Hello Sofia.” he greeted her, with a wide smile. “You’re Sofia, yes? The Lady Sofia?”

“Yes.” she replied, turning to look at the flamboyant man. “You’re… Bello? Captain Bello?”

“I indeed am.” he replied with gusto. “I’m so glad to have you here. Please, come with me to my office, dear. We’ve got a lot to talk about.”

“Sure.” she replied.

Then, together, they made their way deeper into the station, into a room in the far back, and they entered. And once inside, the man closed the door behind them.

“Please, take a seat.” he mentioned, gesturing to the one that was in front of him, as he put himself behind the desk. “We’re going to talk for a bit.”

“Well, this is a bit ominous, now isn’t it?” Anna Blue then mentioned from inside of Sofia’s head.

Sofia didn’t reply, but she agreed with her.

Obediently, she went over and sat, and waited for the man to say anything. Instead, he just sat there, staring at her intently for a while, stiff.

“Yes?” the noble eventually asked. “What did you want to talk about?”

He just continued to stare at her, and Sofia started to look side to side, unsure about what she was supposed to do here with this weirdo.

“You seem trustworthy enough.” he then stated after looking at her for a good while. “I can see it in your face.”

“Oh, I’m glad.” she replied, not entirely sure what he was going on about, but she figured that the best course of action was to just agree with him for now and go with his flow until this was over.

“You see, Sofia. There’s this thing I’m going to tell you here, which you can’t tell anyone else. Alright?” he said. “It’s because I believe in your abilities. And it’s fine if you don’t want to accept what I’m proposing later. It’s up to you. But this information, this little bit treat - is just between me and you, OK?”

“And my tone dial, bwahaha!” Anna Blue chuckled out, as she recorded the conversation from Sofia’s Castle Dimension. “But maybe this guy has a tone dial too, so you’ve got to be really careful here, got it Sofia?”

“What is it?” the tall girl then asked.

“Well, you see.” Bello then started off. “You know about that talent of yours of being able to benefit pirates to the benefit of the World Government…”

He made circles in the air with his hand as if he was looking for words, until he stopped to then rub his index and thumb together. “...Can be very profitable, yes?”

“Possibly.” Sofia replied. “What did you have in mind? I’m no stranger to business. After all, sales were how I got the Creams and Miners to end up destroying each other.”

Destroying is a bit of an exaggeration.” he replied. “But you definitely did deal with them.”

He then made circles with his hands again. “Anyways.” he continued. “Where was I - Ah. Yes. This little secret of ours.”

The man then leaned in to then start to whisper. “You see, I deal with pirates too.” he said. “It’s not that easy for me though, as it is for you. I use a little contacts here and there to get the resources that we need to keep on going in this war. But you know, the big double-u gee isn’t always all that happy with that sort of thing.”

He then leaned back a bit. “But with you, it’s different. I don’t know how you do it. But you would definitely be useful to me.”

Sofia narrowed her eyes and turned her head slightly away. “You mean, you buy stuff off the Black Market?” she asked, in a hushed tone.

“Indeed.” he replied. “It’s a war, and everything goes. I do what I must to keep my men equipped, victorious, and alive.”

He then leaned his head in forwards. “And I’m the person in charge of this area. So what I say, goes. And I say that there is no Black Market involvement here.”

Sofia would disagree, because she knew that he had to report what he was doing to someone, he was just a Captain after all, but given what has been revealed to her so far and this situation, she knew that the best course of action for her right now wasn’t to get into those fine little gritty details.

“Yeah. There is none.” she replied with a grin and nodding knowingly.

“I see that you’ve caught the idea pretty quickly.” the Captain then said. “That’s good, good. That’s the sort of talent we need, you see.”

“I see.” Sofia then said back. “So, what sort of deal would we have arranged here?”

“Well.” Bello then started off. “I need someone to cover for my transactions with the others. And you’ve got that ability. Simple, right?”

“Not… Entirely.” Sofia replied. “It’s not like I can just wave a magic wand and then what’s bad about doing deals with pirates becomes good. It takes a lot of care to figure out if its even feasible in the first place.”

“So, you can’t do it?”

Sofia rose her hands and pushed the air in front of her. “I can, I can.” she said. “Just, it’s not the easiest thing to do, as you might be alluding to. I can try. Just, please manage your expectations on the matter.”

The captain then nodded. “I see. Very well, at least you can be of help, which is all I was really hoping for.”

“And what would I get in exchange?” she asked. “Yes, I can do that service to you, but what would I get?”

“The gratitude of the world and people you are helping.”

“No, really. I’m not going to be going with games here, Bello.” she barked back.

“OK, OK. I was just kidding, alright? Loosen up.” he mentioned.

She wouldn’t. Besides, it looked ugly to try to cut off the other side of a deal like that, and Bello did it. It was a delicate matter too, not something you could easily joke with, or at least, that was the sort of air that he seemed to convey about it at the start. Maybe it was this social awkwardness that didn’t let him be able to do these sort of maneuvers in the first place, the kind that Sofia could do, she then thought. She’d just have to note if he is awkward more times.

She then rose an eyebrow at him.

“Yeah, yeah. I know. I’m just thinking about what I could get for you. Do you want money? I can do that.” he said.

She shrugged. “Money is fine really. A share of the profits would work for you?”

“OK. How much?” he then asked.

Sofia would chuckle. She wouldn’t fall for this sort of trap - it tended to be a losing move in negotiation to be the one to take the first step in stating numbers. She had to flip the script around.

“I don’t know all of the details, so how much would be comfortable with you?” she asked.

“Hrm. How about ten percent?” he proposed. “I’m going to be the one with the blame for all of this anyways. You’d be going off scot-free if anything bad happens, because you’d only move when it’s alright to, as I suspect, no?”

“Yeah.” she then said. “Ten percent is… Really slim, though. How about fifteen? I’d normally say twenty, but for you, I can do this favor.”

He sipped air from between his teeth, until he eventually leaned his head back in. “Twelve.”

“Fine, twelve works for me.” she then said. “And only if I can portray it as all good and such, right?”

“Correct.” he then said. “And if things go right, you can go from being just an assistant to something… Better. Alright?”

“Sure” Sofia replied. “I think that words out stupendously.”

“Excellent.” Bello then concluded. “I’ll teach you everything you need to know in order to do your job too - just, make sure you do it right for me, OK? I’m not a charity. You have to do your part as well.”

Sofia nodded. “I’ll try my best, Bello, sir. I will aim to impress.”

“That’s the spirit.” the man then chuckled. “I’m glad that you’ve got that spirit.”

“I’d like to consider myself someone trustworthy and professional in these sort of dealings.” Sofia then admitted. “Trust most of all, really. It’s what business hinges on, the lynchpin of it all.”

“That’s maybe a bit too poetic, but I do agree.” the Captain replied. “But let’s not get carried away with this small-talk. It’s quite late, and we’ve got work in the morning.”

“T-tomorrow morning, already?” Sofia asked.

“Of course - what, you don’t think there’s going to be a war out there tomorrow? That everyone’s going to take a rest? No. This is a constant effort, and it’s going to be it until the end of this war. With our victory.”

“I see.” the noble replied. “I’ll so my best then. I’ll report in here in the morning to see what I can work out.”

“Good. Also, take my Den Den contact.” he then said. “Got a Mini Den Den here? Or just a regular one, it’s the same. It’s just to record the details.”

“Yeah, I’ve got my Mini Den Den here.” she said, and showed the little wrist watch device on her arm, to then tap on it with a finger, making the lid flip open and reveal the little black critter within.

Bello then showed his own Mini Den Den, and he approached it to hers, and as he did, a little spark few between the two slugs.

“There we go.” Bello said. “If you need anything, just call me. Sometimes I’m not around here. But with that, we should be able to be in contact anywhere.”

“Alright.” Sofia stated. “Thank you for everything, Captain Bello. I’ll be going then.”

“Same, Sofia. Take care now. Work hard.” the Marine replied, as he looked on to her leaving as he was seated.

[EXIT]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum