Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
Birth by Storm [Marines] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
Birth by Storm [Marines] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
Birth by Storm [Marines] EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
Birth by Storm [Marines] EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
Birth by Storm [Marines] EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
Birth by Storm [Marines] EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
Birth by Storm [Marines] EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
Birth by Storm [Marines] EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
Birth by Storm [Marines] EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Birth by Storm [Marines] Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Deep Bloo

Pirate
Pirate

Deep Bloo
Birth by Storm [Marines] Lu_dah11
Commodore Ricchi
Lu Dahn was enjoying his time on Water 7 thus far. Considering all that he had to deal with back on Sandy Island, this was a much needed term of vacation. Above all but being able to spend time with his family, what Lu Dahn enjoyed most about Water 7 was the way the people were. Everyone was always going somewhere and doing something. WHile it was large, when compared to other islands, Water 7 was small and Lu Dahn felt like that attributed to why everyone had a "go get it" mentality. The economy was well established, but since the island was so small on the grand scale of things, there was always room for someone to slide in and make a name for themselves. Shipwrights, cooks, businessmen, tailors, Water 7 was a place filled with culture and it had a very progressive and forward moving heart beat.

As he stepped out of one of his favorite childhood restaurants, he took a modest yet effective whiff of the salty air. Though he hadn't sucked in the entire atmosphere, even with the taste of his lunch still on his tongue, he could taste the sea salt from the ocean. Joining the foot traffic, he checked the time on his watch. "About time I met up with Hannibal." It took Commodore Uchis awhile, but he had finally arrived on Water 7 per Lu Dahn's request. Though the two hadn't spent too much time together, Lu Dahn had respect and a genuine interest in Uchis. Today they'd be going to Barracuda's Jaw, a pub that was recently built in the warehouse district. There Lu Dahn wanted to celebrate Hannibal's promotion or at least formally acknowledge and congratulate him on it. He had also invited Renero to join them, so he could meet Uchis and they could all get a bit more acquainted with one another. Lu Dahn hoped the mink would show face, but if he didn't he'd be understanding.

@Hannibal @Professor Sad

2Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Professor Sad

Marine
Marine

Professor Sad
Renero took a deep breath, readying himself for the task ahead, his undivided attention poured into it. He slowly raised the Iron bar, the muscles on his strained arm tensing as it rose higher and higher. His wounded arm recoiled, yet it kept its strength this time. Then he lowered, only to rise it once more. An action he had done thousands of times, yet his recovery has made him rusty.

Although he was supposed to still be resting and enjoying his time off duty, he had to get himself back in fighting shape so he could resume his duties at the top of his strengths. He had been strong enough to help put an end to the sea train incident, yet he had suffered numerous wounds in the process, and that was only when facing half of the pirate scum on board. If he couldn’t rely on himself to be able to face any threat, then neither can his squad rely on him.

His Commander came through as if it was nothing more than simple sparring bout; that was a clear example of what skill was required to operate on front lines; Had Renero not been there, Lu Dahn would have been to control the situation sooner or later, yet if the tables were turned, Death would have easily came for the Mink, and it would have marked a win for the nobody pirate scum. Wounded arm or not, he didn’t have time to slack off.

“Ummm…. Sir?” A timid voice close to him whispered.

Startled, Renero nearly lost his grip on the risen bar, his hands already slick with sweat, finding himself back into reality. His tail shot up, supporting his failing grip till it brought it back down. The owner of the voice was a young, skinny marine chore boy. Chore girl to be exact. Her hands clenched a small folded note. Mopping the sweat from his brow and hands, he extended his hand towards the chore girl, taking the note from her hands. “Thanks.” He husked, with a brief salute. What could it be? A get well soon letter? Probably not, since only urgent messages got delivered by Choreboy. A chill went down Renero’s throat, drying it up even further. A reprimand maybe? For training without being put on medical clearance? The last doctor he had seen had really had it out for him and all non-humans apparently, so it was not too far fetched that he was still gunning for his hide. He turned towards the chore girl to ask them on whose behalf the message was, yet there were already long gone; Renero left alone on the bench, clutching the still folded note.

Slowly, he opened it. His eyes skimmed over the lines, written in a bold, clear calligraphy of a blue pen. An invitation for drinks, by Lu Dahn, his commanding officer. Not an order, simply an invitation with wishes of best health. Renero never recalled being invited anywhere, and his expectation of such coming from Lu Dahn was the furthest thing from his mind. Maybe there really was no ill feeling from his side, the disrespect shown in their first meeting forgotten as water under the bridge. A comfortable idea, yet not one Renero wanted to get too accustomed to. He was different and people treated him so. Yet maybe the binds of work pushed that aside, at least for this man. Well, that had yet to be seen.

3Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:48 am

Aku Soku Zan

Marine
Marine

Aku Soku Zan

He had arrived around two hours ago. His enjoyable Sea Train travel had come to a end due to arriving to his destination. The papers that had been mentioned and gone through for the side project he had would be disposed of. Destroying them so that no one could steal the information that rested between the lines of the paper. His Outfit and Mask that he now accepted were within his first bag, a duffle bag. His second bag had was a rolling backpack. The contents within it where just his everyday clothing and other necessities. He always traveled light because he simply didn't want to lug around so much. The duffle bag was on top of the rolling-backpack. Hannibal didn't have on a full dress suit right now. As all he was missing was the jacket.

Upon first arriving he went straight to the Marine Base located on the Island. This was to put his things somewhere so he wasn't lugging around suitcases. And also to find out where Commodore Ricchi was. Hannibal didn't have a den den mushi of his own, so calling him couldn't be done. Luckily a message was given to Hannibal about where he was to meet the fellow Commodore.

However Hannibal messed himself up. He had told them not to show him to the pub, that he was fine. But he didn't take anytime to read over the layout of this Island. Like he had done before arriving on Sandy Island. His mind was too focused on finding the rat within the rank of the Marines instead. "Hmmm." To put it plainly and not mince words he was lost. He didn't know where he was at all right now and nor knew how to get into contact with Commodore Ricchi.

He'd scratch the back of his head as he stood there in the middle of the walk way. "Hey" "Excuse me." "Pardon me." "Can you." Those four are what he said to people as they walked by him. Trying to get their attention and get directions to Barracuda's Jaw. As he asked he turned around each time and started to get the direction he came from mixed up. Now he really was lost. What Hannibal didn't know though was that he was just down the street from that said pub. However with him being mixed up he was looking the opposite direction. And also planned to head down that same direction.

4Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:25 pm

Deep Bloo

Pirate
Pirate

Deep Bloo
Commodore Ricchi
Leaving the vicinity of the restaurant and joining the foot traffic, Lu Dahn confidently strolled down the road as he headed to the aforementioned location. In his head he was already thinking of what drink he'd order for himself. It was still day time, so he wasn't looking to actually get intoxicated, he didn't even really plan on getting to a buzz either. Well . . . he wasn't sure about that yet, he'd see how things went, but for now he thought of what drink he'd order. Something nice and refreshing, spritzy. He had both his hands in his pockets as he strolled about and thought while looking around and taking in the sights there were to see. Eventually he had come to figure out which drink he'd order and his pace picked up a bit as he noticed he'd be arriving a bit late since he was walking so leisurely while thinking.

"Pardon me . . . excuse me." He said as he slinked through the slower walking people to get to the pub faster.

Unbeknownst to him and Hannibal, they were fated to encounter two individuals who were also enroute to the bar to reunite today. One of them would happen to be lost just as Hannibal was and the other would have a better bearing on his surroundings, having grown up on Water 7 like Lu Dahn. "Pardon me." Lu Dahn stepped around a man who was looking around cluelessly and was about to continue on his way until the man reached out and grabbed his shoulder. "Excuse me." He didn't do so in a manner that was perceived as impolite or forceful, so Lu Dahn responded as one naturally would and he turned around with a raised eyebrow. "Yes?"

Birth by Storm [Marines] Latest?cb=20160627004539

Lu Dahn always had a habit of examining the faces of those he had encounters with and not just looking at the person without being able to recall them in the future. The male was a handsome fellow with blonde short hair and a race and adventurous look about him. Still, he looked a bit naive and inexperienced. "I'm looking for the Barracuda's Jaw, do you think you could point me in the right direction. I keep asking people and they send me this way, then that way, then-." Lu Dahn smiled at the man after a small chuckle and put a hand on his shoulder this time. "I'm actually headed there right now, you can follow me if you'd like." The youth's face spread into a smile, he seemed kind hearted and like a good honest person, at least that's the kind of energy he gave off and Lu Dahn trusted in vibes and energies. That didn't mean his guard was down or necessarily up, however.

As for Hannibal, the counter part to the man Lu Dahn had just encountered would accidentally bump into the new Commodore with a fair amount of force. Potentially enough to make the Marine stumble or even fall if he didn't react right when the man walked into him as he'd be coming from behind him. What he'd do from there was sheerly up to him.
@Hannibal @Professor Sad
feel free to pilot the NPCs however u like, but i plan for the guy u run into (hannibal) to know about Jordsand and stuff.

5Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:33 am

Professor Sad

Marine
Marine

Professor Sad
Renero put the book to the side, careful to not splash on it, before slouching deeper in the tub, immersing himself to the shoulders. It was by no means a small bath, nearly taking half of the room by itself. Renero had always preferred concept of a bath over that of a shower since showering with water only coming down your midriff was not really a good wash. Thankfully, his promotion to a commissioned officer had let him put a request for such, and although the best he could be offered was half a barrel used to carry whale blubber, it wasn't too bad. Although reading in Bath proved to be a rather risky way of recreation, since once slip meant the book was gone; The warmth that seeped into one's being as page after page was read was a feeling hard to emulate. Unfourtantly, the bath had long run cold, Renero being too absorbed in the tale of the war that the World Government had waged to unite the isles that populated the Geblan Empire. A pleasant read, yet not a light one.

The more Renero had read about the history that led to today's World Government, the more he realized what fragile peace held it together. It had taken the work of thousands, if not millions of Marines to bring stability and order to the land, yet all it took was one mistake, one slip up, and it would all be lost. Today's work was not simply to move the end the threat of piracy, but to keep the fruits of yesterday's work still fresh. When one wrapped the white coat of justice on their shoulders, they didn't simply carry the lives of their comrades and the innocent populace, but they also carry the dreams and hopes of the lives given so that progress towards universal justice could have been made.

Justice. The end all and be all.

Although Renero was ashamed to admit it; if he was to be asked what was justice; he could not give an answer he was certain of. Was Justice simply doing the right thing? The absence of unfairness, that the law treated all the same? Was it the deliverance of punishment for breaking the law? Or was it in its absolute form, the absence of crime? He knew the Marine Handbook of conduct by heart yet it had no clear answer. It put Justice as the greatest goal, that all evildoers be trampled underfoot so the innocent can live their lives unmolested, yet the image it paints is what the achievement of it is, not how one delivers it. Even his tutors never gave an answer, simply saying that Justice was a seed in all marines, and it bloomed as they matured. If that was so, then his seed had not matured, that was for sure. A dangerous precedent, since justice was the compass that guided each Marine's hand. The need to be unwavering in one's duty meant that he could only act in a subpar fashion until he knew the answer, the flower finally bloomed fully.

As his mind lay leaden with these troubled the last rays of the sun setting; he scrubbed himself one last time, shivering at the touch of the now frigid waters. Maybe this question could be answered by his commander. He seemed like a genuine man, maybe he might hold a clue if not the complete picture, of what Justice was.

6Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:25 pm

Aku Soku Zan

Marine
Marine

Aku Soku Zan

Birth by Storm [Marines] Tumblr_npkelpY9md1qkpt3so3_250

'Lu Dahn! Why couldn't you have just met me at the base.....I don't know this place at all.' Was the thought of the hopeless Hannibal. He was getting a bit discouraged. That was shown by how he now walked through the somewhat crowded walkway by the canals. Slightly hunched over and head looking down he moved in the wrong direction of the Barracuda's Jaw Pub. And then it happened. Everything moved slowly as Hannibal was met with a force stronger than his own. Eyes raised and mouth open slightly in shock of falling backwards the way he did. This was seen as nothing but hostility. Despite that Hannibal first word were," Sorry about that. "

Even with himself not being in the wrong at this moment he didn't want to do anything negative. This was a beautiful place and violence of any kind would ruin that. And there was no reason for the Commodore to lash out. Even if the guy knocked him down he might've been in a rush to go somewhere. Slowly he would get up. Dusting himself off in various areas to keep himself clean; as this was one of his favorite suits. And since he had to get many specially made for his size he took pride in them. Even taking up sewing so he could make repairs to them. he would however go with taking them to a professional if he had the Beli for it. However with other activities indulges in keeping Beli for things he needs at times isn't possible.

Even though he was given a apologize or acceptance of one in return he planned to get back on his way. Something shiny would stop him which caused that not be happen. 'It had to fall off of that person.' Hannibal would say as he'd casually reach down and pick up the strange object. He would not use his hands though. Removing the somewhat thick cotton handkerchief he keeps in his back pocket he'd pick up the object. He'd hold it down at his side as he looked around. He would assume who the person was from another person being knocked down and giving a different reaction.

"Watch it buddy! I'm walking here!"

"Move."

"Move? Apologize."

No more words would be given and the person responsible for knocking another down would push that person into the waters to their right. Though eyes were drawn to them. People didn't really stop to tell them to cut it out. They commented for sure but just kept walking. Not wanting to knock anyone else down Hannibal moved as best he could through the traffic. He didn't run after the other. He would however call out to them, "Oi! Sir." His words would be ignored or they didn't know they were being talked to. "Person in the hood and brown trench coat. Come here."

Hannibal saw them stop for a second and thought he had finally reached out to them. Though he felt he should comment on the assault done he felt it would just cause problems. He just was going to give them the object back. Once he got close he would begin to talk again. "Yo-" Nothing would be allowed to be said. A punch to the face was attempted and would almost land. Never had someone attempted to assault him over nothing. Instead of reacting back with just words. "I am *punch* just *punch* ugh" He wouldn't be able to get anything really out due to a punch coming at him. All this hostility wasn't warranted at all.

Placing the object in his pocket he would grab them by the wrists, "Stop. I don't want t-" The face of the aggressor and a action done by them would cause him to stop speaking once again. Hannibal for some reason thought this attacker was some Mean older gentleman. Experience from years of whatever trade he had. Since how they tried to punch him were almost at the level he was at. They had to be his age or older. What he would find out is that they weren't older than him. From how their eye's gazed into his own. They were a Mink. For some reason instead of anger he saw panic. And that caught him off guard. And didn't allow him to react in time to the Mink's feet being placed on his chest. And the kicking free part when doing that caused Hannibal to go back a decent amount.

Birth by Storm [Marines] 14871051fe97dec8ff0c0744db97b1e4d6f66e9d_hq

Hannibal still held onto their trench coat with a hood and brought it with him as he traveled backwards. This time people actually would stop and talk about what was going on. It was seemingly like things were going to turn into a fight. But Hannibal just laid their for a few moments. As something else caught his eye. "At least I found the place." Hannibal would mutter as he looked up and saw the sign of the Barracuda Jaw. Again he stood up from where he was and dusted himself off. He'd notice this time he had a small tear in his tie. A sigh would heartache left his lips. As this was the only tie he had bought while on Sandy Island. And he was kinda mad now. Looking around he didn't see the mink at all. 'They must've ran.' Is what he'd think to himself after a good five minutes. The thought of asking the people that walked around didn't cross his mind. Since they began to walk again they probably wouldn't talk to him. Giving up he would just head inside the meeting place Lu Dahn would be.

7Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:32 am

Enkai

Marine
Marine

Enkai
Ahhh, Vacation was sweet. Shino was laying in a hammock between two artificial palm trees on the roof of the resort on water 7. After a roaring success in his last big mission Shino had worked hard through the winter of Rellechill island and was likely on his way to a promotion. So with all that done, he'd earned himself a vacation. Unfortunately he was cash strapped, so instead if a nice trip to south blue to a tropical island he was making do with a budget resort on water 7 with artificial trees. Still, it was good enough for Shino Now this is the life.

Then the sound of fists crashing and shouting in the street below jolted him out of his relaxed slumber and he fell from his hammock to the rooftop.

"Owww." The Marine said as he pushed himself off the ground and looked in the direction of the commotion. His marine instincts kicked in and he found himself rushing towards the sound before he could even think. His sandals pounded against the stairs as he dashed downstairs towards the streets. From what he could see a mink was attacking a person. That couldn't end well. Being on vacation he wasnt wearing his normal marine outfit or his day to day clothes. He was wearing instead a pair of brown sandals, blue swim trunks with white dots and a Hawaiian shirt of some color pattern he didn't even recognize to be honest. But what mattered now was checking out that noise and seeing if anyone was hurt. As Shino burst through the door on the street leading to the clearing he saw the man in suit and ripped tie standing up and brushing himself off.

Shino reached him just as Hannibal began to head inside of the bar the "Barracuda Jaw"

"What is going on here? I'm a Marine ensign, well, Lieutenant to be actually but lets just go with Ensign for now. What happened here? Are you ok sir?" He stated clearly and firmly to the strange man in front of him. As he did so he began to get a strange feeling about the man. He definitely didn't look like or carry himself like a man who was just mauled by a minkman. This person was dangerous. Shino took a step back and braced himself as he awaited for him to respond.

8Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Deep Bloo

Pirate
Pirate

Deep Bloo
Commodore Ricchi
The two gentlemen were hitting it off as they walked and talked while traveling to their mutual meeting spot. "It's been awhile since I've encountered an adventure such as yourself. You have charm about you as well. What are you plans for the future?" Lu Dahn saw parts of himself in this stranger he had stumbled upon. He was much more light hearted than the Commodore though, or rather he seemed to be off of Lu Dahn's first impression of him.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. I just go wherever life takes me. Things never work out when I plan them, so I've just learned to go with the flow. Even now. I'm supposed to be meeting up with an old friend of mine, he's also an adventurer. But if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have even been able to find our meeting place." Lu Dahn nodded as they rounded a corner that would lead to the Barracuda's Jaw. His eyes perked up a bit an it caused the guy he was with to look too. Nothing crazy was happening, but something had definitely just transpired. People were looking as if they had just observed something slightly terrifying, but there were no signs of a panic or that what caused them to feel this way was still ongoing. "Oh geez. I hope he didn't do anything crazy." Lu Dahn looked back at the guy and in that moment he ran off ahead of him towards the scene and then after a quick glance he spotted and entered the bar.

Lu Dahn was a bit confused, but he just brushed it off and continued on his way to the pub. While walking, he saw Hannibal from a ways away and he couldn't help but laugh a bit as he saw him get up off the ground and dust himself off. What has he gotten into? Lu Dahn shook his head and began to follow Hannibal's tracks into the pub without the Commodore noticing him. Not like he was sneaking up on him, it just happened to be how things were playing out.

Cutting in front of Lu Dahn, not rudely, was another high spirited person who approached Hannibal in the doorway of the pub. Lu Dahn stood a few feet back, Hannibal would probably see him if he turned to face the person who had approached him and said.

"What is going on here? I'm a Marine ensign, well, Lieutenant to be actually but lets just go with Ensign for now. What happened here? Are you ok sir?"
Lu Dahn snickered again, Hannibal was really a crowd favorite it seemed, but here is where he himself would interject by putting a calm hand on the Ensign's shoulder. "I assure you he's fine." He'd smile at the youth and look beyond him towards Hannibal, then beyond Hannibal to see the person he met earlier, being seated with someone who was obscured from his line of sight. He'd then look back at the Ensign, his mind now interested in seeing who the guy he escorted was conversing with.

"Care to join us for some drinks? We're celebrating his promotion to Commodore, so the more the merrier." Lu Dahn would look back at Hannibal as he extended the invitation, his eyes momentarily glancing down at his ripped tie and a grin spreading across his lips once he saw it. He'd ask all about what had happened once they were inside and settled.

@Hannibal @Professor Sad @Enkai

9Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Aku Soku Zan

Marine
Marine

Aku Soku Zan

He was going to respond to the Marine with a quick response. But a familiar voice would join in and catch him off guard. His friend and fellow Commodore Lu Dahn. "Yes, you should join us." Usually Hannibal wouldn't just ask someone he didn't know to join him a drink. It wasn't due to not liking people but he didn't see himself as the type to offer such a thing. He wouldn't say anything until they reached a table that'd be able to seat them all comfortably. Once they sat he would speak.

"Good to see you again Commodore."
Hannibal would say toward Lu Dahn. His gaze would then turn over to the Ensign if he would sit with them. "And it is nice to meet you. I am Commodore Hannibal Uchis. Who are you Ensign? And how are you both liking Water 7? " He posed two questions to the Ensign and one toward Lu Dahn. They were here to celebrate but no one had come to take their order just yet since they just say done. So until then Hannibal would try to fill the void with questions to everyone. In hopes to get them all involved.

He wished he didn't tore his tie as he noticed Lu Dahn had looked at it and grinned. He didn't know if the fellow Commodore was amused by it or not. What Hannibal did know was that he was a bit embarrassed to have such a wardrobe malfunction. He started to debate mentally if he should just take it off or just leave it. But this battle was not something he could decided in mere minutes, or even today. He would most likely leave it on unless someone would comment on it. Play if off that he wasn't aware of the tear.

The object in his pocket seemed to also cause him discomfort. So, he would remove it while he waited for a response from everyone. They all would just be talking about simple things so his actions of thinking about his tie and pulling out the object were close together. He didn't pull it out and drop it on the table. He just would remove it from his pocket and fidget with it in his hands. It would be rude to just pull it out after just asking them a question. Even though his focus was a bit split he wanted them to feel as if they had all of it.

10Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Professor Sad

Marine
Marine

Professor Sad
Renero stepped out in the cool winter breeze, freshly bathed and dressed in his best (and only) suit, his replacement white coat hanging from his shoulders, it's white faded and it's edges frayed. The sun had already begun to set, so the streets of the warehouse district were not as noisy and crowded as they were in the mornings, the dock workers now have made their way to their drinking hole and gambling dens of choice. He began to make his way to the location that the commander’s message had listed, a place by the name of “Barracuda's Jaw”. He was unsure what was the nature of the meeting or even if this place was a sleazy pub or a high class restaurant, but at least the Commodore was kind enough to provide directions to the location.

His footsteps echoed on the cobbles below, the lampposts hissing as gas filled their Aperture as they lit up the darkening roads. The evening roads had a certain quite to them, missing the bustle of day and lacking the crime and villainy of nighttime. A mesmerizing peace and quiet that was so rare in a Marine’s life, even when they were not on the front lines. The setting sun being both a wonderful view and sign that he had survived an other day, peace, order and justice along with it. He gazed a gazely stare, the salty smell filling his nostrils.

Even after the dust settles and the scum lay trampled underfoot, the peace always came hollow, like a drunken haze that revibrated the echoes of the intensity past, a twitching encompassing one’s limbs, as if the tips of his fingers were on fire, ready to coil and spring a punch. All that feeling was gone here now; this was as close as “true peace” as Renero had ever felt, a hush so deafening that always caught him by surprise, no matter how times he walked the dusk lit streets. The feeling of the eroded cobbles underneath his boots, the mellowing sound of the waves hitting the breakwater, the salty cold wind rippling amongst his ruff as his coat fluttered; It always seemed that for a moment, all the worries, bruises and bellyaches, all the toxicity; would be gone with the wind; yet alas, that moment would soon follow them, the stinging pain of reality crashing once more on to him.

The streets lay barren, the quick gait of Renero unrestricted. He should easily make it on time to meet his Commander. Maybe there would be the rest of the squad there too. Since his release from the hospital, he didn’t get to many anyone else apart for Lu Dahn. He was curious of meeting the fellow man he will be entrusting his life to, and they doing the same; while also seeing how he could measure up to their strengths. With his past insolence to the Commodore seemingly forgiven, maybe things where just ramping up to be even better.

With that thought, Renero stopped in his steps, his eyes locked on the dipping sun, the last rays of sun slowly burying themselves below the choppy horizon. The vermin will soon be out, ready to feast on the underbelly of scum. He curled his recovering hand into a fist, balling it tight. The pain meant nothing; the hope of a united world driven by justice was the goal that countless had died for. That hope would not go down with the sun and its flame be snuffed till the day comes once more; Light was needed the most in the darkest moments, were the goal seems further than ever. He had to carry that flame in his heart if he wanted to do his utmost, yet all he had now was an ember. Only through pain and hard work can that ember erupt in the intense flame of justice. Maybe that was the answer to his question. Or maybe he just got too carried away looking at dusk.

After one last look at the dipping sun, Renero continued on his way to the Barracuda's Jaw, his mind filled leaden with thoughts of hope and fire.

11Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Deep Bloo

Pirate
Pirate

Deep Bloo
Commodore Ricchi
Whether the Ensign joined them or not was up to him, but regardless both the Commodores would go into the pub to enjoy themselves. Taking a seat at a table, it'd be a while before they were approached and Hannibal would start with some small talk."Water 7 is nice. Things have certainly changed from when I was younger. But at the same time, some things haven't changed." He'd smile at Hannibal before taking a look around the pub to see a water was in route to their table. He looked beyond the waiter and could see the man he had met earlier as well and coincidentally he looked at Lu Dahn in the same moment.

The youth turned back to his company, then looked back at Lu Dahn and pointed at him, it seemed like he was trying to convince his friend to do something from the way his body language was working. "How about yourself? I saw you had a run in with some trouble." Per usual, Lu Dahn was dressed in formal wear so he pinched his tie with two fingers and gave it a wiggle while laughing in a giddily childish manner at Hannibal's tie. He wasn't doing so to put the Commodore down, but he was hoping it was something that could laugh at together. "There's no particular tell to why this place draws in some strange travelers, but it seems like you encountered one." Just as he finished his sentence the waiter came to the table.

"How can I help you gentlemen today?"

Lu Dahn looked from the waiter to Hannibal then to the Ensign if he had joined them. Lu Dahn already knew what he'd order since he'd been thinking about it since he began walking to the pub. So if the others had ordered, Lu Dahn would ask for a Moscow Mule with extra lemon. If Hannibal wasn't ready though, he'd hold off on his order so they'd be able to get their orders at the same time. Ricchi hated when his food or drink arrived before everyone else's. He had no issue with waiting to indulge, but he felt it made things a bit awkward at times.

Once the waiter would leave, Lu Dahn would notice in the corner of his eye, that the youth from earlier and his supposed companion began to walk their way. Lu Dahn would look at Hannibal then give a motion with his eyebrows and eyes to signal for him to look in their direction to notice they were approaching. "So how did you come to embark upon such a beautiful island Ensign?" While the duo approached, Lu Dahn would dig a bit into the Ensign to see what type of person he was.

@Hannibal @Professor Sad @Enkai

12Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Aku Soku Zan

Marine
Marine

Aku Soku Zan

"It was strange....to say the least. I had only wanted to give them back something they had dropped."
Hannibal would finally reveal the item that he was fidgeting with under the table. Showing Lu Dahn the strange object that he still couldn't decipher. It had to be special. Hannibal would continue on to explain more of the encounter. "I tried to catch up to them, but I was too forceful. I grabbed them in a way I shouldn't have and was met with force. it wasn't the strongest kick....but it had a little enuff to it."

It was time to order themselves something to eat and drink. This entire time he hadn't looked over the menu, like he should. So during the time that Lu Dahn was placing his own order quickly Hannibal would glance over the menu. He knew the only drink that he wanted was water so looking for a beverage wouldn't eat up any of this time. He didn't want to have a full course meal either. He wanted to eat something simple but would be enough to fill him till he'd have his dinner tonight. Hannibal would start by telling the waiter that he wanted a water, as hot as she could give it to him. It was a strange request but Hannibal had started to only eat foods that were hot or spicey. He didn't know what he would order but the name was enough to gain his favor. Magma Consomme. Obviously it wasn't magma but the name was sure to fit it's taste and flavor.

After he was finished ordering his attention would be given to something else. And that was the Mink who he had bumped into earlier. He didn't know of the person that accompanied them but he wondered where that Mink had gone to. It seemed they both were heading into the same place. And if he had just followed the Mink he could've given their object back. It was fine as everything had seemed to work out. "That is the person I bumped into....that Mink." Hannibal would say at a whipster so that only Lu Dahn could hear him. If the Ensign was with them he'd also be able to hear what he would say.

13Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Deep Bloo

Pirate
Pirate

Deep Bloo
Commodore Ricchi
Ricchi listened as Hannibal spoke. Nodding his head along the way, he felt for Hannibal, but it wasn't all too serious. A shame to say that some people just are rude by nature." At this time the waiter would have come and go after orders were placed. The Commodore thought Hannibal's order was quite odd, but Uchis was a very odd man. A genuine man, but very odd, but it is what made him all the more interesting.

As the duo approached, Hannibal whispered to the table and Lu Dahn gave the mink a quick glance over before they arrived. "You darted off so fast I didn't get to say goodbye." Lu Dahn looked at his friend and smiled at him. In response to this he laughed a bit shamefully and scratched his head. "Mind if we sit?" Lu Dahn's eyes widened a bit. He wasn't expecting this. What was supposed to be a private celebration for Hannibal's growing large by the moment. This being Uchis' day, Lu Dahn would look to him for the permission. The look he gave him obviously conveyed that he was putting the reigns in his hands. All the while the Minkman wouldn't have said a word or even cracked a smile to air out the hostile energy that was looming.

Lu Dahn wasn't too worried about anything popping off, but he wouldn't see it as something that was impossible. If the duo were permitted to sit, then they'd sit. Given Uchis had the intent to return the mink's lost item to him, Ricchi figured he'd be doing that now or he'd at least be leading things from here. He was a bit curious to see how things would go, so he honestly was purposely going to take the back seat and let Hannibal steer. "My friend here isn't too good with words or not being rude." The human male would have looked at his companion in a reprimanding, yet lighthearted way when he said this. Obviously giving him a bit of a hard time, but at the same time he was nice and fun about it. "He would like to apologize to you for what transpired earlier." The table being a circle, the mink was sitting closest to Lu Dahn while the human was sitting closest to Hannibal. If the Ensign was present, he'd have been in between both Commdores and across from the adventurers.

After the youth spoke, he'd look over at his ally as would Lu Dahn in a shameless manner. He was very curious to see how things would play out. Would he truly apologize, would he hassle Hannibal for his belongs back first? Things were interesting.
@Hannibal @Professor Sad @Enkai giving Hannibal permission to God Mod me.

14Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Aku Soku Zan

Marine
Marine

Aku Soku Zan

Birth by Storm [Marines] Tumblr_nrcip9dfgp1qzq61co1_540

"Yes, sit. Both of you!" Hannibal didn't hold any grudges towards the Mink. They both were welcome to join Lu Dahn and the Ensign(if the ensign joined) in their small get together. There was the small incident of being kicked. And also having his favorite tie being torn. Some Marines would want the assaulter arrested. But not Hannibal. It wasn't that he was the nicest guy around, he could be cruel. It was just that there was no real reason to put so much effort into something that could be easily forgotten. And it wasn't like this Mink was a Pirate or Revolutionary. Obviously, he couldn't tell these things from the brief interaction. But with them sitting with known Marines Hannibal wanted to think they weren't idiots. If for whatever reason he was wrong he was not against arresting criminals. Even if they weren't doing anything wrong at this moment. As there was no telling if they would keep this same energy with someone else.

The Commodore(Hannibal) waited for a apology from the Mink. He didn't request one but it seemed his Partner wished for one to be given. There would be a awkward silence that was only broken due to the food and drink of Hannibal and Lu Dahn being brought. "Thank you. You two should also order something; wouldn't be right to eat in your faces. And no one worry about the cost...I wish to treat us all today." Hannibal would say as he would reach for his spoon. You could just tell from how it bubbled that whatever it was that Hannibal had ordered was still hot. The Waiter even tried to warn him that he should wait at least a few minutes. But Hannibal would not listen and take a spoon full. Again. Again. And Again. He ate the piping hot soup as if the heat was nothing to him, which it wasn't. Thank only due to his Devil Fruit he was a man that was colder than any within this world. Even colder than the Snow Princess.

Hannibal would wait till they finished ordering before he'd speak again. Catching the Mink's friend from making a comment on not giving a apology. "Oh! I almost forgot. You dropped this when you first bumped into me." Hannibal would say as he use his long arms to push the object over to the Mink. "What is it? Wait! Before you answer that introductions should be made. I am Commodore Hannibal Uchis and this is Commodore Lu Dahn. (if the Ensign says his name will also be stated). " He was curious and also wanted to make sure that there wasn't anymore dead silence. He'd take charge and make sure that this was a eventful encounter and lunch.

"I am Teza." The Mink would say.

"And I am Jarred." The Human Male would say.

They didn't give their entire names, but that was fine. They didn't have to do such a thing to introduce themselves. Hannibal had only did it because that is what he always has done. He waited for them to answer his first, well second, question.

"This thing is nothing but a map." Teza would say as she'd unroll it unveiling. Saying Teza wasn't too good with words was a understatement. She didn't have a filter nor knew what she should say and what she shouldn't. Everything came out so rapidly it was hard to decipher her thoughts from what she actually wanted to say. At times she didn't even use proper words. Broken english(or whatever the common tongue in this world is.) was used a lot in her long speech to Hannibal and the others listening. It was captivating to say the least. Hannibal could barely eat whilst he listened. Jordsand was the main topic being talked about by Teza. How she and her friend were going there not for the same reason as everyone else. They had to find someone and this map was the only thing that could lead them to that person. That they have been looking around for someone to take them there. Hannibal enjoyed their story and his interest was drawn to Jordsand. The conversation would eventually shift to something else. And from there everyone would begin to have a good time. The time wanting to be spent there however would make the first conversation come back around. And a request was made for them to all travel to Jordsand.

"Sorry, but that would be beyond our ability. Well....not beyond it. Rather it wouldn't be the best due to you two being civilians. Taking you to a place that is basically in war isn't something he can do. However with my interest peaked. I will head to Jordsand, and hopefully you will come as well Lu Dahn.. And help find their friend. "
Without any other way they would agree to the help extended by Hannibal. Giving him the necessary words that would allow their friend to trust him. And without further words Hannibal would head get up, after paying, and would head right to the docks. Water Seven was a beautiful Island. And the thought of having a vacation there was on his mind. But a couple things couldn't allow him to enjoy that. With him now being aware of the large conflict on Jordsand he had to stop it. And explained this to Lu Dahn as they traveled to the ship. The strange substance that was being fought after was something only the World Government should have. It being in the wrong hands could spell bad for world. Upon arriving Hannibal would take it upon himself to have everyone under G-6 currently on Water 7 to be on the ship before sun down. As they would be leaving today. If they couldn't make it they would be told to stay on Water 7 till they returned. As unless stated otherwise they were going to Jordsand and going to head back to Water 7 after things were handled.

[exit]

ooc: Bloo gave me permission to wrap the topic up and control his character. If you are heading out to Jordstand a topic will be made right after this post for out travel thread.

15Birth by Storm [Marines] Empty Re: Birth by Storm [Marines] Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Professor Sad

Marine
Marine

Professor Sad
The cobbled streets got narrower and dirtier, the gleam of the stone blackened by a grime made from thousands of spilt drinks, cigarette butts, vomit and piss. The nightlife had only started to rise, yet in the narrow alleyways were already booming with jeers and laughter of half-drunken men and women. Renero was afforded some space as he made his way yet although the merry making had not stopped, their gazes were all glued on him and his white cloak. He returned their looks, his gaze searching for any scum who dared make a move. Their where Marines patrolling these streets, ye they were few and even then, most of them were too busy indulging to truly regulate the and enforce justice in these streets.

Pathetic.

The scum soon showed up, in the form of a stumbling pair of drunken vagabonds. They bumped fully into Renero, their drinks spilling fully over his mid-riff. Who’s to blame for the incident was debatable, since Renero was preoccupied with looking all cool while searching for any pirate scum which hinted at illicit activity while the stumbling pair were deeply drunk, having arrived early from a particularly bad day at work and having spent their months pay on booze already.

“Watch where ye going, ya...ya..furball” Scrawled the bald one, his gaze lifting to Renero’s as he puffed his chest. “We don’t take kindly to you white coats.” The other, more hairy part of the drunken duo continued. Renero, stood silent; rage boiling and brimming in his eyes. He had spent a good part of his day patching up and cleaning that suit. By the looks of them, they seemed to be normal dock workers, yet their speech implied they weren’t too keen on abiding the law.

“So why don’t you be a good kitty and buy us drinks?”, his finger pressing in Renero’s wet chest. Renero stood silent. The men scowled, the bald one raising his mug. “Cat go your-“ Renero’s first smashed on the top of his bald head, cutting him mid-sentence as his shattered teeth sprayed in a burst of crimson. Screams and cheers erupted from all around him, as his knee smashed in the chest of the hairy one, his hand letting go of his hidden shiv, before he stomped his head in the grimy cobbles. “Impeding an Official of the World Government is a serious offence. I’ll let you off with a warning.” Renero husked. A crowd has circled him, the deafening cacophony of insults and jeers now hushed.

Renero took a step forward, the crowd pulling back yet not making way for him. “That applies to all of you.” Renero raised his voice once more; Anger filling him. Water 7; A City of brilliant minds and hands that crafted ships unlike any other; sullied by such scum?

The hair on his nape rose up. Held breaths, a squeal on the grimy cobbles. Renero turned, his arm catching his new foe in a lariat, a loud snap as he slumped down on the floor. The ambush was halted, the other vagabond frozen in his tracks, armed with long lead pipe. The fight seemed halted, all breaths held, Renero’s thumping heart filling his ears. Then it erupted.

A flurry of blows came, the lead hitting Renero’s guard, the crowd erupting in jeering cheers. Renero had no time to waste. Every hit to his wounded arm was sending flinches of pain across his body, weakening his guard. He was already late to his meeting with his commodore and looking like an unwashed bum. Electro shimmed across his crossed arm, reverberating across the lead pipe, the Vagabond’s frenzied grunts now jittering. With a left hook, he brought down his foe, snorting a sliver of crimson on the passed out foe.

The crowd hushed, a sign the fight was over, reinforcements finally coming and dispersing it. A quick report later, with the miscreants in cuffs, the merrymaking had continued, the only evidence of the fight being crimson grime on the cobbles. With panted breath, he made it to the Barracuda's Jaw, just in time to spot two figures making their way out; white cloaks adorning both their shoulder. He instantly recognized his Commander, Commodore Lu Dahn. Hastily saluting, he bowed. It seems he had just arrived as they left, missing the dinner. Damn drunks.

“Apologies for running late sir, I..” Renero signalled vaguely at his blood splattered shirt. “I couldn’t just let them…I’m sorry.” He finally muttered, bowing his head in sorrow.

Yet, it seemed that things had only begun; The squad was to embark on a mission with the utmost urgency. Hopefully, Renero would redeem himself there.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum