Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
Birth by Storm - Phase 1 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
Birth by Storm - Phase 1 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
Birth by Storm - Phase 1 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
Birth by Storm - Phase 1 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
Birth by Storm - Phase 1 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
Birth by Storm - Phase 1 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
Birth by Storm - Phase 1 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
Birth by Storm - Phase 1 EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
Birth by Storm - Phase 1 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Empty Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:51 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Voyage Name:Birth by Storm - Phase 1
Participant(s): With others.
Description: Sofia, through the store that she is currently working at - Montgomery's Novelty and Magic Store, she would discover what Seastone is, and she will start to look more into what it is, by reading the books at the store and asking people around Saobody, to fish for clues.

Registration thread: https://strawhats.rpg-board.net/t1790-birth-by-storm-phase-1

2Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Empty Re: Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:18 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Birth by Storm - Phase 1 JdUCP7U

Sofia was behind the counter of one of the novelty stores that Mr. Montgomery had. Again. However, this time, she was doing it out of her own accord. She had a bit of free time these following days. and she wanted to learn more about this business, so she had suggested to the employee for her to work for them for today - for free.

Of course, they complied.

And so, she was there, tending curious clients that came in now and then, looking for interesting souvenirs to take with them. There was a lot of books in this store: mostly antiques. Also a lot of old paintings and pictures, the kind that would've been all over Saboady a few decades ago.

Once there was nobody in the store for a few hours, she got bored. So, Sofia decided to take one of the books and read them to kill some time.

She browsed the covers of some of the books on the shelf, until she found one that got her attention, and she pulled it out to hold it in her hand.

TREATISE OF SEAROCKES
by Jacques de la Fleur

It seemed pretty old. Carefully, she started to turn its yellowed pages, finding that the language within was just as archaic as the looks of the book.

She squinted slightly as she tried to read the text within. It was sometimes hard to decipher what this "Ye Olde" language was trying to say at times, but it seemed to be talking about some sort of exotic mineral - related to "Ye Fruit of the Devil". You had to "beseech" this mineral, apparently, to deal with the Fruit.

Her eyebrows raised. This was curious. She took the book with her over to the counter and laid it open there, to read, as she watched over the store.

3Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Empty Re: Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:22 am

Ghost

Pirate
Pirate

Ghost
The sun was beaming beautifully as Arcologia made it to the store district. Wearing his white jester outfit it was not hard to not recognize him. Seeing his reputation back in Drum. Smiling as he was walking around the street area looking all around him. He was a little confused as to why no one was acting strange around him. But quickly came to realize his nane was not well known outside of Drum Island. Not saying he still could not be recognized as a wanted person but still.

He walked up to a store of some sort as he looked at it's name. "It's odd to have such a store and such a place. But perfect I could look though books to get more data." Arcologia would say as he made his way into the store. The door would than open as a jester looking Arcologia would walk inside. His katana body paint and clothes would have someone mistake him for a clown.

However he was not one anyhow stepping into the store he would stop as the door closed behind him. Looking over to see paintings of old times he would walk up to one and than another. He would began to slowly touch each one until he would be notice. He look at one picture and than took it down holding it as he carefully studied it. He would than walk up to the counter and place it in front of the tall store clerk.

Looking at her she was taller than the six foot Arcologia. He would smile. Once she would raise her head to view him he would say. "Hey you this picture is fake. Just what kind of store you running here? "

4Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Empty Re: Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:35 pm

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"F-fake?" she asked, with a sudden stammer, as she looked up from the book to notice the clown-looking man that had just come into the store. The noble hasn't realized that he was in here before, she had been so distracted with the book, so enthralled by it. Sofia had deciphered a bit more from it too - she had managed to understand that the mineral somehow "attacked" or "harmed" the Fruits. Or something. At least she was starting to get the general idea of them, she hoped.

"Well, yes." she then chimed in, with a warm smile. "Some of these are just replicas of the originals. Souvenirs, or just samples" she explained.

"We have a few of the real deal in the back, for safety." she said. "They are true collector's items! Would you like to check them out?"

Maybe this guy was the sort of eccentric that like these sort of things, given his appearance. She could maybe make a good sale here.

She then looked down to the book and memorized the page number, to then gently shut it closed.

"I can show you around the store if you'd like, Sir. I'm Sofia." she then said, introducing herself. "Here at Montgomery's, we have all of the best novelty and exotic items. At this store we've got these amazing pictures and books. If you'd like, you can have a look at these books over here - look. It's the 'Travels of Guiseppe Luis', first edition; my good sir. A literature classic. You won't find it anywhere else!"

5Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Empty Re: Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Ghost

Pirate
Pirate

Ghost
He hooks at the book as she closed it trying to read it up side down. Was a bit of a hassle but he mange to get the title.-TREATISE OF SEAROCKES- was the name of the said book. Smiling at the lady "Sofia you say I'm looking for two things here. A doll dress of the most up keep quality and torrot cards. Believe it or not ghost seem to love me." Arcologia would pick up the fake picture only to rip it to pieces.

He would look at the tall woman after she explained that most or some things here was fake. This left a disrespectful taste in his mouth. "Fake you say this fun place and all you could say is replicas of the originals. How foolish but please do show me around i'm rather lost new to the place you know." Arcologia would began to think to him about the book.

-TREATISE OF SEAROCKES- Just where have I seen no heard that name before. Better yet why is she reading up on it? Guess I'll have to find out more but damn I hate the waiting game". he would say to himself as he held out his hand for a hand shake. "You can call me A.C ok." Arcologia was custom to introducing himself. However he would not reveal his true name at least not now.

6Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Empty Re: Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:28 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"W-why would you tear it apart, sir!" she exclaimed before staring at the pieces softly swing in the air down to the floor.

Why would he be so brazen as to do that? Why did he think he could do that?

Was he a pirate perhaps? Or maybe so immensely rich and influential that he didn't care about consequences. But, if it was the latter case, then she should've known him already. So, she assumed he had to be a pirate of some kind in order to have that kind of manners around here.

She wouldn't put up with it though!

"One second." she then told him after shaking his hand, before opening a door under the staircase next to her to get a broom and dustpan.

Then, she offered it to the man. "A.C., my good sir: please clean your mess up, at least. The ripped pieces."

She didn't know if this was the usual to do when someone misbehaved in a store like this; because this was only the second time she has been tending one - but at least it felt like the most correct thing to do at this time. After that, she would then clear her throat. This man was still a client, after all. She hoped that she was doing this shop-tending thing right.

"I'm not sure if we have doll dresses at this store..." she started off, holding her chin and looking at the shelves. "However, we do have cards! We have them on the shelf over there."

Sofia had also noticed that he had peered at the book. Maybe he was interested in books as well? It could make for another sell.

"Interested in Searocks, sir?" she would then ask with a smile. "I could sel-"

She paused as she realized that if she sold the book, she wouldn't be able to read it herself anymore.

"-Maybe I can find a book for you, good sir?" she then chimed in, going to the bookshelves. "Interested in anything in particular - Rocks of the Sea, perhaps? We have all manner of books about salts and other underwater crystals."

7Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Empty Re: Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Ghost

Pirate
Pirate

Ghost
smiling after he ripped up the picture he looked on. Shaking the tall woman hand she excused herself for a moment. Returning with a broom and dustpan aiming to give it to Arcologia he looks on. As she asked him to pick up the mess he made. This put a big smile on his face as that was not about to happen. Before she could walk away he smiply did not take the items she was trying to give him.

She than informed Arcologia that they did not sell doll dresses. However tarot cards was indeed there. Pointing over to the card section. Looking at him she said "Interested in Searocks, sir?" He looks back down at the book as the lady was still talking. However pausing about mid sentence. Going on about rocks of the sea. He looks back at her "listen are you aware of a fruit called devil fruits? Well if not they are these fruits once bitten by someone. They will take on a cruse which then a devil will live within you. Now tell me have you ever wondered with such strange abilities should there be something to counter it? "

He looked on and smiled " never mind just my imagination running away with me. " He than would walk to get the tarot cards. Bringing them back to the lady. He open up the pack than began to shuffle them up. Smiling "If you don't mind me asking why are you reading such a book miss." He looked on as a horse card was drawn he laid it out so she couod see.

8Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Empty Re: Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:07 pm

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"I am aware, yes." she mentioned. "There are a few books here about them, actually. And there are Marines with their abilities, I've read it in the news sometimes. They are quite amazing things. Luckily, they're documented. Like in our books here, if you'd like to purchase one to read."

"And, yes..." she then said, with a warm smile. Maybe he knew the same as her, that these "Sea Rockes" were supposed to deal with the Devil's Fruit. But how?

Sheer luck?

Unlikely, she hypothesized to herself in her mind. He probably had his own sources and he was dropping his own hints about this. Maybe he was trying to find someone else who knew about it? Or he was trying to guess how much about it she knew? Interesting.

She wanted to know how he knew. That was one of her desires right now, among a few other, more important things that had started to spur up in her mind.

And, he had placed a horse card down for some reason. Was it another clue? A secret message? Maybe he was mistaking her for someone else, she thought.

She took a moment to think and look around the store before replying. It seemed empty - nobody else seemed to be around, except for the restaurants which seemed to be quite packed. Ah. It was lunch time. Maybe that was why her store was so empty.

Sofia then waved her hand towards herself, to gesture the man to approach him, and she started to whisper: "As for why I was reading such a book: it's for something very important."

She then looked around again. Still nobody.

"I'm going to get something from the back. Please wait here." she then added, to then pull out her keys as she went behind the counter again to then go further in, to the door under the staircase to then unlock it with a swift wrist flick and then pop inside, to then lock it again.

Now she was inside the storage room, where the real valuables were kept at. And there, in a corner where she left it, as a small briefcase. A very important briefcase.

9Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Empty Re: Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:30 pm

Ghost

Pirate
Pirate

Ghost
Listening carefully as she said she did in fact heard about the so called devil fruits. Looking at her as she explained how each one known so far are on papers. Smiling as she started to act rather strange. Peeping her looking around the store more than once. As if she was worried someone would come in and attack them. She soon was waving for him to come closer. Arcologia would do just that but never really letting his graud down.

She lean in closer as the woman started to whisper. "As for why I was reading such a book: it's for something very important." Arcologia looked on as she said this soon she would tell him to wait for her right there. As she took her leave to the back room. Arcologia had a confused look on his face. Wondering what was she thinking or trying to do. Could it be she knows whom he might be.

Arcologia smiled as she walked off in a rush. He began to shuffle the cards. Looking down at the pale horse. Which means graceful yet such easy too move around. He soon set down two more cards which was a heart with a arrow flying though it. This meant she was too kind hearted yet to straight forward. Looking at the last one was a turtle hiding in it shell. Which means secerts Arcologia would smile even more so.

He would than set one more down which was a flying ship he looks shocked. "Adventure is she going to go on a grand adventure oh how I wonder. " Thinking maybe he should go back there to see what was up. "Maybe I'll show her my hollows or maybe not I'll have to see. " Arcologia would smile as he picks up the tarot cards. He would did start to wait on her return.

10Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Empty Re: Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:18 pm

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
He had let her lock herself in the store room?

Success.

She had been looking around before to see if there were any people who could help her here. Unfortunately, there had been nobody. And right now, in front of her, was that important briefcase.

And it was just her usual briefcase. The one with her own personal things in it. But her documents, notes and other research until now was all in there. That is why it was important to her.

Because, among those desires that had been spurring up in her before, the "more important things" that had come up for her was:

To escape.

She had to have concern for her own survival right now of course:

• This guy, right in the open of a store in one of the lawful areas of Saboady, had committed crime - destruction of property. He had torn up one of their posters. Even if it was just a placeholder, it still belonged to the store and not him.
  • She gave him a chance to amend what he had done, with the broom and dustpan. He declined, which meant that he apparently had very little regret about what he had just done. So, what he had done wasn't just some accident - it was deliberate. And out in broad daylight.
  • This could mean that he is either a massively influential noble who can go around misbehaving like this with no consequence, or actually some sort of legitimate criminal.
  • His "cards" and "secret signalling" that he was trying to do (or at least, that's how Sofia understood his card thing to be), along him dropping hints about the Seastone made her suspect even more that it was the latter - that he was a criminal. A noble could've just said it flat out in the open with confidence. But someone who did it sneakily like this had something to hide.
  • Furthermore, if he was a such a powerful noble - she would've known about him, because she was a noble herself too! But she had no idea who this guy was!

So, if she had to bet, she would bet that this guy was a criminal. Of course, she didn't know for sure, but it seemed to be the most probable thing given the evidence so far. So, she had to get away as soon as possible: she wasn't a capable fighter herself, and she knew it. And if he had the balls to have pulled this stunt over here, then he had to be very strong. And if he had the attitude of trying to throw her around like this, who knows what worse could happen? No no no. She wouldn't be stupid enough to just stay here and figure out what that might be. It was unfortunate that his attitude had to be like this, because normally, she was very open to pirates and criminals, because she wants to help them. But she can't if that puts her safety in danger - hence why she had planned to visit criminals that were only in cells for now, or those who had proven themselves to be friendly enough, which this guy clearly hasn't.

And apparently, she had succeeded in tricking this clown into letting her lock herself into the storage room.

Of course, it would be very awkward to try to load this room with valuables from the staircase area in front in the counter - that is why it had a back entrance for shipping! So, carefully but in a rush, she took the briefcase and started to make her way out to the back door, before exiting it quietly and locking it shut again swiftly - to then flee to Sabaody's Marine Station which she had visited so many times before!

[EXIT]

11Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Empty Re: Birth by Storm - Phase 1 Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:38 am

Ghost

Pirate
Pirate

Ghost
Arcologia smiled as he waited and waited for her to return. He began to wonder around the store and opening books to read through them. Looking for more clues on the sea rock that is toxic to devil fruit users. But just how toxic is it to him je only wonder. Arcologia was no fool seeing as the tall woman was taking to long. Clearly saying she would be right back. He went back up to the counter and looked at the book there.

He saw the title and began to read it studying it's data. "So sea stone could nuke the devil within me I see. How most a unfortunate event I hopefully won't come to know. That lady os taking her time. Ahead clearly needs help so I'll go help her. " Arcologia smiled as he walks to the back room to which the lady went. Turning the door nob it was locked.

Could it be this lady took her own life better yet. What was back there was extremely valuable and no one could see it. Ballediing up his fist he was able to knock the door down. Looking as the girl was no where to be seen. She clearly ranned away as he began to laugh. He pulls put the tarot cards and reveals the top one. It was it was a dove and crow bird. One light and the other dark. He smiles as it meant a unlikely friendship would be formed soon.

He would than reveal another card as it was a blue orb. This shows disillusion and one's mind. "Could it be she took my intention the wrong way. How could she just up and leave the store like this. Very well let the games began time to go looking for an adventure" Arcologia smiles was he walks away to leave such a odd girl he thought. Thinking its just like a human to judge someone they don't know. He open his third eye than closed it again.

[XExitX]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum