Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
[V] Throw-down in the Dojo - Lucas & Spook's 'Awakening'  EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
[V] Throw-down in the Dojo - Lucas & Spook's 'Awakening'  EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
[V] Throw-down in the Dojo - Lucas & Spook's 'Awakening'  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
[V] Throw-down in the Dojo - Lucas & Spook's 'Awakening'  EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
[V] Throw-down in the Dojo - Lucas & Spook's 'Awakening'  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
[V] Throw-down in the Dojo - Lucas & Spook's 'Awakening'  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
[V] Throw-down in the Dojo - Lucas & Spook's 'Awakening'  EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
[V] Throw-down in the Dojo - Lucas & Spook's 'Awakening'  EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
[V] Throw-down in the Dojo - Lucas & Spook's 'Awakening'  EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Kaito

Supernova
Supernova

Kaito

バンディットキング - Bandit King

Right and wrong is subjective, isn't it? In that case, it'd rather be wrong as many times as it takes to achieve my ideal of freedom.

Sitting in the dojo awaiting his two newest crewmates, Jackal sat in the centre of the hard-wood floored room, which resembled a traditional Japanese Style Den. Whoever build this ship sure had an interesting taste, as the room was filled with calligraphy, with several Kanji pieces conveying words such as 'Spirit', 'Gusto' and 'Heart', to name a few hung on the walls.  
The dojo had four entrances at each major cardinal point, and whatever angle either approached from would take exactly, one hundred paces, or one-hundred and fifty meters to make it to his position at the centre of the room. Jackal set with his legs folded in a meditative pose, closing his eyes relying purely on his Kenbunshoku as his own form of vision.

"Welcome." Jackal stated, once the men had ventured close enough to his position.

"First things first... Let me explain what Haki is." Jackal continued.

"Haki is a mysterious power that is found in every living being in the world. It is not that different from the typical senses. However, most people do not notice it or fail to awaken it. Broadly speaking, there are two types of Haki available to everyone, given the proper training; however, there is a third type that only a certain group of 'chosen ones' are said to possess."
Jackal stated.

"However, today, we'll be focusing on only one type of Haki. Kenbunshoku. Sixth Sense. Mind's Eye. It has a few names. It's the ability that allows you to sense the presence of others. It's application has many uses once unlocked, and harnessed. In Spook's case, I could sense his intent to change me into a 'toy', chalking it up to ill-will or some form of excitement. For Lucas, during our raid, I could've located his position in the golem, once it fell within my eye's range. Two different applications but it's all about sensing. During my training with Ursa's men, I learnt that with enough training, you could potentially even see glimpses of the future. Allegedly." Jackal concluded.

"Enough beating around the bush... Which brings me... To today's training. I'm going to try to kill you. Do your best to survive. If you try to read my attacks with your raw sight... Your senses won't be able to keep up." Jackal stated.

In that moment, Jackal's killing intent filled area around him for about fifteen meter radius, and starting slowly for them to pick up the attack's rhythm, so did Jackal's electrical casing, that surrounded his body similar to that of a cocoon. The dome was about fifteen meters in height, and expanded in a similar manner of a balloon's inflation. Jackal wasn't pulling any punches, the intention was to attempt literally electrocute his nakama, hoping to spark a reaction of their survival senses. Now that they'd had the basis of Haki, and the explanation of it being an internal sense, added with the hint about not being able to follow the attack speed [4] through normal means, it'd be sink or swim for the two recruits.

[color=#ff0033]Skill [/color]:

Words: 510
Tagged: @Justice @Spook
Notes: Haki Training!

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

Spook got rid of his fancy clothing, and changed into something more comfortable. More stretchy to its inner core, and more allowing of flexible movement. Yet he wore his thick pantser of an armor over his torso, it was light and didn't hinder Spook. He even brought his new helm with him. The directions to the dojo were wild, Spook entered the wrong place two times before managing to convince one of his toys to find it for him while he enjoyed a white russian at the bar. Haki was the subject of today's training, as was revealed by Jackal when Spook had found the dojo. Roughly three meters separated the pair and Jackal, and around a meter and half between Spook and Lucas. The intense dojo with spiritual words crawled across the place left a lasting impression on Spook -- one of tranquility, allowing for his every sense to be working at their sharpest.

Hmm.

Spook grunted here and there, during Jackal's explanation of Haki. It seemed interesting, unlock his sixth eye -- but he had many a questions before they could proceed.

Is there a way to counter it?

Do you sense this all the time?

His brain couldn't comprehend these powers -- philosophically and psychologically; many speakpeople(therapists) became depressed after being 'blessed' with the knowledge to read minds. Was this Haki the same deal?

What if I get really drunk, will you still sense my ill intentions?

Hmm, maybe my toys--can you sense their emotions?

Technically, he shouldn't be able to since they don't portray emotions as a human would, and more like a machine instead. Spook was interested in what he'd say regardless.

And out of nowhere, Jackal went full throttle. With his eyes still closed, the male who was sitting got up and started spreading murderous intent to everything around him. Spook could tell that he was being easy on them, there was no way he couldn't already have beaten them with his superior speed. Perhaps this was more of a push-it-to-the-limit type of scenario? Either way, the way the captain held himself was clearly worthy of an Oscar nomination; sending such frights down the audience. It gave Spook a tight feeling however, one that was wrapped around his heart. Every pulse vibrated through his body up until his chest, where he felt a pressure akin to the pressure on the bottom of the ocean. Everything around his captain became a black hole, hard to get away from; a sensation akin to standing close to a fast moving train. But the decision was made, internally already--the outcome of the classic fight or flight syndrome; and obviously it was flight. Without really realizing it, he had rolled to the back of his heels, his athletic ability adjusting his body posture.

This was the boost Spook needed in order to escape Jackals lightning. Speed wasn't a strong pursue for him, in order to gain an upper hand it became alarmingly important to learn this haki. In the same backwards moving motion, Spook put on his helmet, and tilted his body backwards allowing for his knees to work their magic to make his calves come as close to their respective thigh as they could -- propelling himself away by pushing against the forces of gravity. Spook repeated this action twice, before being able to properly turn around to run away from the electricity.

Spoiler:

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

See
without
Seeing

It only took Lucas a few minutes to get ready. He got into a more fitting attire for this training. A sleeveless shirt, shorts, and gym shoes. He did grab his pistol and loaded rubber bullets. He made sure to stuff his pockets with some more bullets. He was no doubt going to need it. The bullets made his pockets bulge and he looked a bit off. But he was prepared so it didn't matter how he looked. Thankfully he grabbed this for such an occasion. No need to cause lethal harm to his crewmates during training. This was one of those occasions that called for the pistol. They would be on the ship, and with no stone around he was fighting at a disadvantage. So it was best to have something to fight with until he picked up some close quarters combat techniques. With primo in hand he made his way to the dojo. Spook was already present with his gear and Jackal was sitting in the center of the dojo. Standing a meter and a half away Lucas stood with weapon drawn. His weapon was pointed down at the ground with both hands on the handle with one on the trigger. This would be his first time using the weapon in a live situation. Loaded with rubber bullets but would still cause some serious damage if it hits the right places. He heard the words Jackal said, Lucas, said nothing only focusing on his captain.

Lucas's casual demeanor had turned serious and his face showed it. He his eyes focused on the target before him and his brushed across the trigger, 'squeeze not pull,' he thought to himself.

Haki was a peculiar topic for everyone in the room. Jackal had a pretty good handle on it from what he explained. Lucas knew of it but did not possess it. Spook was questioning it as they stood there waiting for something to happen. He asked the real questions in response to Jackal's claims. Knowing where he remembers Jackal did know where Lucas was in the Golem. He mentioned something about it before during the raid on the warehouse. It all made sense at that very moment. An ability like that would aid Lucas in so many ways it was silly. Being able to see without seeing and possibly see the future sounded mystical in nature. Jackal proved at this very moment it was very possible. Lucas's heart was racing for a moment, excited at the idea of learning Haki. He cracked a grin that threw off his serious face for a moment. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly in an attempt to calm himself. His eyes never left Jackal's position.

The kid gloves came off and Lucas felt a sinister nature appear from the captain. “It's coming.” He muttered as the attack erupted from the captain's position. (Perception 6) With the combined nature of seeing the captain's attack and his budding haki abilities. Lucas was able to see the attack clearly. In one smooth motion, Lucas leaped backward already a meter and a half behind Spook he had a bit of a head start. Using the momentum from his initial leap he kept jumping back while staying light on his toes backward with his weapon pulled up forward. Spook was not that far away from Lucas back peddling. Lucas made sure he was out of range of the attack completely before circling around the outside of the dome to the right keeping a five-meter distance away from it. He didn't want to get electrified on a misstep. This put Lucas twenty meters away from his captain and moving away from Spook to the right. Due to being near the center of the dojo and it being so large there was ample room to move freely in. It was best for the two to split up to create a pincer attack on their captain. Lucas waited for the captain to drop his attack before popping off two rounds in his direction. Both were aimed at Jackal's chest region.

• Doriki +5 into Perception : +1
  • Marksman Occupation: +1
  • Primo Equipped with Rubber rounds for training

Kaito

Supernova
Supernova

Kaito

バンディットキング - Bandit King

Right and wrong is subjective, isn't it? In that case, it'd rather be wrong as many times as it takes to achieve my ideal of freedom.

As he'd rise to his feet, Jackal would maintain the electrical barrier's threshold momentarily, until both Spook and Lucas had escaped to comfortable positions. Lucas's reaction times were much more sharper than Spooks, attempting to shift towards the outside of his dome. The manner in which he retreated was nimble, placing himself finally at Jackal's 4' o clock with his anti-clockwise movement. Lucas took a more, run for the hills type escape, trodding backwards several meters to Jackal's six o' clock. The Mink stood as the sentinel in the middle of the little battle royal themed spar. Once they're escape was established, Jackal had dropped the barrier, and it'd be in that moment that Lucas, who'd already had his weapon loaded and ready, shifted aim towards the Captain.

The man's movements itself had been in real-time to him, with his Sixth Sense already alarmed at the impending nature of his fire arm. The first shot rung off, and it'd been in an instant Jackal knew for certain that he couldn't move out of the bullet's trajectory in time, seeing that from the moment it'd left the chamber, a solid pictograph of it's trajectory couldn't have been constructed by Jackal's Sixth Sense, however, his battle prowess didn't make him stutter a second, he'd use his Sixth Sense instead to construct the actual potential point of contact, estimating from the mouth of the barrel, adding in Lucas's keen detail to posture and form in terms of securing the first shot with placing his second hand underneath his firing arm, as support. This would lower recoil time, and prompt for another shot to be fired without much delay.

"Chest or Throat." Jackal's instincts presumed. Just to be sure, Jackal coated his head, throat and chest-cage in Armament Haki. The initial intent was simple, block the first shot with his Haki, Jackal would use the momentum from the impact to slide backwards. Now, the next part would be tricky but with his agility and Sixth's Sense experience, it'd be a snide move. Using the backward momentum, he'd slightly shift his body to the left, avoiding the second bullet, while keeping tabs on Spook's position. Turning down the intensity of his malice, Jackal would spit a single spit bomb against the floor, creating a thick screen smoke from the explosions kick off point at Jackal's feet. The blast would be widespread, taking up exactly a twenty-five metric radius, however, the real intent of the explosion wasn't truly to finish them or cause further damage but place distance between them, giving Jackal breathing room to instruct.

"I like those response times. Kenbunshoku Haki... like I said earlier can be used to feed out persons emotions or intent. The more you use it, the sharper it'll become." Jackal exclaimed. "Shishishi... So round 2? Whose next up?" Jackal continued on.

Skill:

Words: 476

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

BannerImage
doriki: +3 to perception
head: helm body: armor weapon: pistol
banner is hoverable
The first barrage of attacks were simpler than Spook had anticipated; and that was partly due to his partners diligence. Opting to attack the captain while retreating from him at the same time, this was a trick Spook hadn't thought of--perhaps his heart was in a better place than the ruthless Lucas? The captain responded accordingly, and used a special ability to shield himself from any damage. With the boost of energy from the bullets, the captain slid backwards in an attempt to evade from the second bullet. While the two were busy with themselves, Spook brought both his index fingers to his lips. A low, but audible whistle signaled his toys to come and assist Spook. But just as they entered the room, he ordered them to stay at the side -- and pick up anyone who was incapable to continue, for treatment or whatever.

It'd be nice if he had taught them how to play music, to make this scene more epic. Sadly that wasn't the case, yet. His gun carried lethal rounds, fast rounds -- but it felt like cheating. So instead, Spook picked up whatever appliance he could find and start tossing them at his captain until he heard him speak again. Round 2? By this time, a shelve, two small cabinets, a ladder and a punching bag had been thrown. Nothing was really visible anymore, the smoke that the captain had created and all the various things that Spook had thrown had completely clouded the battle field. At this point, Spook made a strong mental print of the floor plan; making sure he'd avoid striking Lucas as a retaliation of attacks to come. The point of this exercise was finding his sixth sense; and this complicated things. Spook didn't know how to unlock his sixth eye--normally, he'd try something as sappy as closing his eyes and relying on his ears and nose. Though it was obvious that doing that wasn't going to unlock this sense, since he'd still need to rely on some senses.

The idea of shutting down all of his sense starting to come up. Spook bit his lip, concentrating on the surrounding area as he tried coming up with ideas. It wasn't important. Surviving was plan numero one. Any attack the captain had headed for him, Spook was preparing himself for it. Already moving from left to right, staying away from Lucas. He didn't reply to his captain on purpose, didn't want to give away his position.

BannerImage
you're up @Justice

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

See
without
Seeing

The two shots fired connected one hitting the captain in the arm and the other in his chest region. There was a glaring issue with the bullets or maybe it was the captain’s doing. The first bullet missed and the second bounced off his body as if it was nothing. Never moving his gaze off the captain he saw that his body was now coated in what looked like black paint. He was giving off an even stronger aura now, one that was centralized around his upper body to his neck and his arm. Lucas wasn’t too sure how to deal with that without some form of knowledge on the subject. Regardless he didn’t have time to stop and think. He saw Spook out the left corner of his eye but he made no motions to give away his crew member’s position at that moment.

The captain’s killing intent had subsided but Lucas was not out of the woods just yet. The side step that happened came with an attack right after it. An explosion erupted outward, trying to engulf Lucas in the smoke and cinder no doubt. Thanks to Lucas’s keen eye and awakening third eye he was able to gauge the explosion radius pretty quickly. He needed to do so too react accordingly. Thankfully already being 15 meters out Lucas just had to leap back out of range of the attack once more. This time he jumped backward too clear the distance needed to avoid the attack. The jump backward mid run placed him 26 meters out from the captain now. The issue was with his abilities not awoken completely he was at a big disadvantage. There was a large cloud of smoke covering the twenty-five-meter radius in front of him. All he could do was try to sense everyone inside and outside of the smoke.

Lucas stopped for a moment and began to take deep breaths. He was trying to focus on the Captain and Spook to gain some level of spatial awareness. All he had to go off on was this unknown ability and sound. He listened for something off in the distance while trying to focus. All while keeping his gaze on the smoke cloud just in case if any silhouettes came moving in his direction suddenly. His gun was pointed forward, four shots remaining, he needed to make these count.

Kaito

Supernova
Supernova

Kaito

バンディットキング - Bandit King

Maintaining his head and chest guard, shortly after Jackal had concluded his first sentence, several projectiles had been coming his way and none of them light in weight. The angle they'd been arced towards his position was declining at about the same manner as say, a tennis ball's strike into the opposing court. Speed at which the objects was tossed was lazy also but Jackal chalked this up to them trying to see how the Captain would've responded under pressure. Clouded within his own field of exhaust, Jackal's sharpened Sixth Sense first checked the items for any hidden or concealed intent, maybe a hidden trojan horse among the debris, if not, he wouldn't move much from his position, simply, using his superior instincts, and estimating the size and width of each object, would've used the the ample twenty some plus meter distance to parry from side to side using slight hops from his animal like appendages to avoid the shelve, two small cabinets, a ladder and a punching bag. However, if anything out of the ordinary would've been among them, Jackal simply would've let off another explosion, diminishing their inferior make to nothing but shrapnel. In this case, the items would've backfire, being broke into the crushed crunks under the explosions wake, and being sent towards Spook's direction, who'd been favouring his right, this time using the full thirty-meter radius of his detonation blast.

Regardless, he'd be left with the items avoided, and would release another charge, just to keep up the backdraft as a means of an visual distraction. This would either be the second or third, depending on the flow, but after this charge, Jackal would charge directly towards Lucas's direction. However, instead of a run, it'd be a hop, a fifteen meter hop to his six. This would place only ten meters between the two men(Lucas and himself), and he'd make sure to keep enough height in his leap to stay within the smokes range, but jump with enough speed that he could've shifted his position with his explosive charges at moments notice. Spook's shift towards the right would've placed him at either Jackal's seven, eight or nine position even with the lunge, and in that case, they would've been successful of having one person behind him and another directly facing. As Jackal descended from his movement landing eventually in front of Lucas, the Mink who'd been taking in air into his lungs the entire time, has began to exude it, pushing it out in a snake manner to idle around towards Spook's position. The snake would extend fifteen meters behind Jackal, the wind expanding in a cone like manner as it expanded, reaching the fiftten meter mark, it'd then explode, reaching a total of thirty-meters in total to Jackal's rear. This explosion was much more geared than the previous one, and with the smoke, had Spook not paid careful attention to the shape of the visible wind pattern, it'd be too late notice to avoid.

Now, it'd be Lucas he'd have to worry about in this next split moment. Moments away from touching the ground from his leap, at about the peak of the smoke's plume, Jackal created an electrical coat close to his body, which he expanded outward upon landing, this time, the dome turned into electric like roots or vines, aiming for Lucas's feet. "Your bullets didn't work because of my Bushoshoku Haki. The second form that can be used an invisible shield." Jackal stated, giving away his position in the smoke but this time, he'd be much more aware of Lucas's firearm, the moment the next round of shots came his way, he'd have the appropriate coat in place before hand, charging to grapple the man's mid-section with a split second like action [5 Speed, upon locking on, a more scale down explosion would occur, and even if he didn't manage to make contact about five meters in, he'd expanding his electrical coat in a dome encapsulating them both, well, depending on if Lucas remained in the same space or not, which his electrical roots would've chased him as far as they could if he didn't [fifteen meters]. Finally, the smoke cleared at this stage.

Skill:

Words: 706

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

BannerImage
banner is hoverable
The shelves being thrown ended up a bad idea; due to half the thrown items simply returning to where they came from. This was a bad idea since they were launched back at Spook. Who came up with the plan to throw them in the first place. Catching the punching bag is the first thing he did, unfortunately the punching bag also caught a shelf. The energy behind the shelf was powerful enough to push Spook away. Shortly after an explosion followed. Which Spook was protected against by the shelve disintegrating, lacking the energy to also disintegrate the punching bag, it instead took off with Spook on top.

Wiahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yelled the male, holding onto a punching bag for dear lord as it flies through the room. A second explosion propelled it even further. During its ascension many meters further, Spook shifted his position--using it as a sled instead of a tree he'd tightly hug. Downward motion allowed for this, induced by the lack of energy. The soft cushion at the top took a beating while the bag sled for a few meters. There still was too much power, so Spook used the heels of his shoes to stop himself and the bag, he'd do a forwards roll to stop him from moving. Parts of shelf zooming past his face while he looked back, towards Jackals position.

Instinctively, he'd have raised his right arm to protect his face. Spook being predominantly right handed, this was something his brain did as an auto reflex. What was different in this situation however, was that Spook had his arm raised just before the bits of shelve of the second blast, were flying towards him. Although unaware to him, his mental eye had slightly cracked open. His real eyes were still calibrating again, these explosions were to be fired--easily capable of removing a limb if left unnoticed. While Jackal followed up on his change of location, and Lucas's, Spook began working on a mental plan. The best defense is a good offense; attack him to stop him from attacking you? No no, that's ridiculous, he'll detonate--use surprise to attack? That won't work either, with his all seeing knowledge of incoming things. There was no way to beat this machine.

While thinking of things, the dust started to settle. Spook was left in exposed air, and that wasn't a good idea--use the cloud of dust to your advantage, was his current motif. Unbeknownst to him, was the still air of explosion that caused the dust to settle. Due to his desire to move within the dust, he'd avoid it completely.

Just as he moved away, he felt the sensation of the incoming blast. It was subtle, and really fucking fast. The air expanded a bit inwards to Jackals position, and then a blast immediately followed. This blast was a bit different, it was more in the air already. Parts of the air he dragged with him were possessed with this devilish explosion. Though scaled down in effectivity, the few air pockets of explosion around him being detonated did cause him to get knocked off his feet. Like a grenade had went off next to his head, Spook crawled forwards, his ears still ringing from the explosions. Sound, vision, smell, all cut off by various elements. The explosions unfolding constantly were incredibly loud, clouded the air with dust, generated the smell of gunpowder residue. By this time, Spook was really glad he had a poo before this all happened. There was a play that Spook could make. It was risky as hell; but could work--the plan was to charge at Jackal with all his speed, logically at first he'd detonate again. Perhaps even increase the intensity of the explosion. But if Spook just keeps running, showing no intention to stop--he'd have to hesitate, there'd be a moment of doubt. This doubt could form due to Jackal actually knowing he'd kill his crewmate if he'd explode at that short of a distance. If he had perfect synchronicity with Lucas, he could do this, and expect Lucas to shoot a cap into the captain while showing a sliver of doubt. There was no way this could work, and it'd put Spooks life at risk, thus he decided not to do this.

Ahh, uhhh, timeout please. I forgot to drink my midday tea; it's very important I drink my midday tea!

With his ears still ringing, Spook couldn't control the volume of his voice--so he just spoke as loud as he could at that moment. The burling of his voice will surely impact his throat later on. In all seriousness, he felt like he was going to expire if this fight dragged on a moment longer. While still crawling away, unaware if anyone had responded to his query; his fingers started losing grip and he'd roll around. With his belly facing the ceiling. What once were quality mahogany wooden floors, now has become sawdust, gently settling back into its place. This was such an insane defeat, an obvious wakeup call to Spook to get stronger.
BannerImage
you're up @Justice

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

See
without
Seeing

Due to not being close enough to Spook and Jackal Lucas wouldn't be able to get any real details on the action going on in the smoke. Unknown to Lucas his Haki was only covering about 15 meters all around him. He had moved out of the range of his captain dodging the explosive attack, (25 Meters away). Lucas had nothing to go on and he was left standing there with his weapon pointed into the smoke cloud. Based on the sound there was no telling what was going on. With Spook possibly in the smoke, he was liable to get hit by a stray bullet. Caring about his teammate in this scuffle he didn't want to pop him on accident. Unlike the captain, Spook didn't have much of a defense against ballistics even if they were rubber. No stone to use, fearful of hitting Spook, and Jackal was out of range of his budding haki abilities. It all got summed up in one word in Lucas's head.

'Shit.'

This was good regardless of how Lucas felt. He was starting to notice his weaknesses in combat. He wasn't much of a fighter without vision and his fruit. Thankfully this was just a playful spar and not a real combat situation, regardless if they were treating it like one. All Lucas could do was wait for the Captain to come into range. Even then Lucas would only be able to tell a general direction and not pinpoint him completely. Lucas pointed the gun forward and placed his thumb on the hammer, Locking the third shot into place. He calmed his breathing down to make sure the next shot counted. Even if the Captain was able to deflect the bullets Lucas wasn't going to give up on this fight. He was determined to land a blow on his captain right here.

Jackal made his move through the smoke cloud at Lucas. The moment he launched into range Lucas took the shot, aimed at the Captains mid section. This time it came with a twist. He fired two more shots right after each aimed at a different part of his body. At least where the captain should be given the fact he jumped in Lucas's direction. Due to entering the range of Lucas's Haki, he became a bit more confident in this decision he made. Each shot popped off, on the heels of the last. Little did Lucas know, the ground would become electrified. This was before Jackal even gave away his position in the cloud. Lucas did listen to what Jackal was laying down regardless. Everything made a lot of sense after that comment. Immediately after the shots were fired he didn't have time to react and was caught in the electrified web. He felt his body tense up due to the shock. Unable to move all he could do was hope the captain didn't hurt him too bad.

Kaito

Supernova
Supernova

Kaito

バンディットキング - Bandit King

The force of Jackal's electrical field was four stages weaker than the Bandit King's maximum capacity, so it'd be nothing more than a quick jolt, similar to touching an exposed wire. As for the rally of shots, Jackal had anticipated the incoming momentum of the shot, putting up the guard against not only his head, throat, mid-section but leaving the last undisclosed area for the second shot that came rattling off, surprisingly, after the first trigger pull. However, Jackal couldn't manage the timing of the two paced shots, blocking the first, and being at the elements for the second. It'd be at this moment after he'd cancel all of his attacks, the ones heading towards Spook prior would've been scaled down to the same intensity as his voltage.

"Shishishi... Looks like we have some guests." Jackal stated, his ears twitching already picking up the alarm that began to spread throughout the ship.

The sound of the intercom coming on signalled throughout the ship, an unfamiliar voice rang with authority. "Don't stop on my accord, Captain. I've been enjoying your little spar..." the voice announced.

"I don't know who you are... but sneaking aboard my ship is a pretty dumb idea." Jackal stated scowling slightly that the strangers had interrupted the lesson with his nakama.

"Shula-Shula-Shula!"
the voice exclaimed in laughter.

"The dumbest idea was you starting war with our Mama, boy." the voice ominously informed, turning off the intercom system momentarily. In that moment, all of the four entrances to the dojo opened, at about one-hundred meters plus outward, a force of twenty-five at each cardinal point rushed into the room, each armed with rifles and pistols. The rifle bearers stooped onto the ground, and the pistol holders sat firmly behind, moving from the entrance to about the eighty meter mark, inclosing the three crewmates in a make-shift barrier.

"Oh and one more thing... Mama has a message for you. 'Sorry I can't see you at the Ball. Sleep with the fishes, Mink-boy.' "
the voice concluded, shutting off the intercom. It'd be at that moment that the firing squads cocked their weapons, and opened fire.

Words: 363

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

BannerImage
banner is hoverable
Spook drew a fresh breath of air. The smoke gently dissipating next to him, his hearing started returning--just in time for him to hear the intercom being used. His eyes were slowly resetting again, calibrating to his surroundings. After having rolled over, the man stood up and wiped off his shoulder pads. Ready for round two; even though shallow injuries begun impacting the effectiveness of his physical body, his mental state was healthier than it had ever been. Readying himself, Spook stood up with his arms slightly raised. He hadn't realized that the ship had intruders. That was until he saw Jackal getting angry, and not the playful kind.

This resulted in Spook to play closer attention to what was being said. The ship was infiltrated, that much Spook could gather. It became more apparent to the second, the shuffling sound of countless footsteps gathering around the dojo. Entrances being opened only revealed a darkness from the troops who started aiming down the sights. The bearers of pistol started invading the room. Spook immediately ordered his toys to form a small barrier around him. They were short, and the pistol bearers had to change from regular operandi to run and gunning and shooting mostly from the hip. This gave his toys a slight edge. These simple grunts wouldn't fire though, not until close enough for the pistol to even reach. Their equipment wasn't of high quality.

Can you cover my six, Lucas?

Spook asked his crewmate, while pointing backwards with his thumb. Truth was, he could make a gap in front, but the bullets from his back he couldn't recoil. At the same moment, he drew his gun and aimed it forwards. He didn't intend on waiting for them to start shooting so Spook started the party by opening in front of him. Instantly permanently incapacitating three grunts, they paved a small path for Spook to move into, continuing his line of fire until he ran out of ammunition. At that point an epic battle ensued, between his toys covering his flank while he did low and high kicks to get the gun out of the hands of the mob grunts. Much of the attempted fire resulted in friendly fire, a few bullets were dodged and two had hit, one landed on his upper chest plate and one left a shallow wound on his right leg. A large explosion to the left broke open the walls of the dojo, revealing many more opponents. Spook taking use of the attention being drawn away to convert two grunts into toys. Instantly giving them orders to give him cover. He'd spend much of his time bend over, converting injured grunts into toys. Their injuries being gone upon them turning into a toy, they could continue into battle.

There were so many of them, Spook constantly ducked, spun around and did a high kick in order to steal a gun and shoot it empty. As things were escalating, the more Spook decided to rely on his devil fruit. He'd just grab a wrist, turn the person into a toy and use them as a weapon, swinging a toy around like a wooden log, using it as a shield and tank a few hits using a toy. Entire crowds of people had turned into toys, with the sole order of incapacitating others with whatever equipment they wore.

GENERAL CONTRACT A1

This general service agreement (the "Agreement") is made and entered into, as of dated this 10th of December

CONTRACTOR

_____Spook_____

_____Grunt_____

This contract is a formal agreement between the contractor and the client.  Its aim is to clearly spell out roles and responsibilities of all parties involved.

The parties have mutually agreed upon the following articles:

Article 1: The client undertakes not to use the confidential information disclosed by the other party for any purpose, without first obtaining the written or verbal agreement of the contractor; any information that the client obtains during the duration of their contract is considered confidential information
Article 2: The contractor may terminate this Agreement at any time
Article 3: The client accepts articles that may be added to the contract at a later date
Article 4: The client accepts any order given by the contractor
Article 5: The client accepts any orders given by third-parties, with the contractors agreement
Article 6: The client can't pursue any means to undo this contract or seek loopholes within the contract
Article 7: The client will complete any order they've been given using all of their available resources in order to do so
Article 8: The client will not harm the contractor or his allies in order to complete an order
Article 9: The client will not harm the contractor, or convince others to harm the contractor
Article 10: The client will keep the contractor, and his allies safe
Article 11: The client will not flee from the contractor and stay by his side until given an order
Article 12: After completing an order, the client will return to the contractor

Contract, contract, contract, contract, contract, contract, contract, contract, contract.

Spook kept on repeating the word 'contract' by every single person he touched and transformed into a toy. With his speed, he could turn a grunt into a toy every other second. After every fifth grunt a shallow injury had been dealt, and after every ten a deep injury. That was until he transformed roughly twenty people who became a part of his toy army. They formed a ring around him and returned fire on the grunts surrounding. The entire dojo was grunt ridden, was their strategy to overwhelm? Spook was beat, he couldn't continue much further. Spook used a corpse as a meatshield, blocking off bullets, shouting off commands to his toys.

MAKE WAY TO THE BAR, FORM A CIRCLE AROUND ME AND PUSH ONWARDS

Spook crouched over and moved towards the bars with his army of toys circling around giving him weak protection. A missile had been fired into the back section of the circle, instantly wiping out five treasured toys. The corpse that Spook was using as a shield had tanked four more shots as the grunts converged into the weak spot of Spooks circle.

STOP THEM AT ALL COSTS

The riflers started to take aim at Spooks toys, effectively recognizing their threat and slowly eliminating them while they pushed back to keep the mob grunts away from the bar. Spook crawled over the bar and took safe shelter for the moment. He pulled the gun out of the corpses body he still was carrying for any mob grunt that would dare to peek over the bar. This bar was conveniently placed a few days earlier, for those who like to work out and have a drink. One of those people were Spook, who began pouring himself a white russian, while simultaneously opening a bottle of vodka. After being done with the white russian while under the cover of the bar, he'd shoot two more grunts who came close to the bar.

The bottle of vodka was used on his bleeding leg, spilling it in it's entirety on his open gash, his belt used as a tourniquet to stop the bleeding. There were a few more deep injuries that needed attending right away. While changing his modus of thinking to a more medicative one, Spook hadn't noticed the grunt that started to take aim at him. His sixth eye repeated the word danger in his mind. Suddenly all of his instincts caused him to turn around, resulting in the trigger happy mob grunt to fire his shot. Spook moved his head in time to the left, only getting scathed. He'd immediately reach over to the counter to grab a pistol and return fire. He wasn't going to last very long like this. His toys were taken out by the enemy, and they started approaching the bar closer and closer.

Oi, some help over here!?

BannerImage
you're up @Justice

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

Gunslinger

The attack heading for Lucas hit but it came off as a slight jolt. The captain managed to deal with his incoming attacks but something else was up. Lucas was close to the entrance that was directly behind him due to backing up the way he did from previous attacks. He let out a deep sigh of relief of not having to deal with being electrocuted to the point of possibly pissing himself. That would have been quite an embarrassing memory. Yet, the group was not out of hot water just yet. The alarm rang throughout the ship, some uninvited guests were on their way into the fray. Lucas did not skip a beat he reached into his pouch and reloaded his six-shooter with haste. The sounds of the empty shells hit the ground. The revolver made a clicking noise as he closed it. He prepared for real combat, he did not have his fruit. Just his wits and his gun. This was certainly going to be one hell of a test drive for his fruit. With only rubber ammo, he was at a complete disadvantage but he was going to make it work.

He pushed his new found ability out to its maximum range. He was looking around frantically, listening to the voice of the intercom. He looked across the room to see Spook recovering from the spar. The doors flew open as the voice stopped over the intercom. Spook's toys formed a barrier around him, and Lucas spun around to the opening directly behind him with his weapon pointed forward. Spook would have his back exposed but so would Lucas. While he covered Spook, in return Spook covered Lucas. This was teamwork at it's finest. Jackal had the pleasure of taking the two entrances from the north and south.

Untouchable

Before the gunmen from the entrance had a chance to get situated Lucas pushed forward with a gun in hand. Popping off shots until the revolver was completely empty. Using his Haki, Lucas aimed directly at the guards entering the room. Each shot was aimed at the neck and above. They wouldn't kill but they would cause a lot of damage at such a close range. The grunts coming in would fall backward, causing a small pile up at the entrance in front of Lucas. A few knocked out grunts fell backward into the hallway leaving their weapons on the floor He reached the entrance where more men were coming up from the left and right down the hallway. Lucas quickly placed his gun in the waistband of his shorts. He picked up two pistols and began to move towards the back entrance where Spook was heading. More shots rang throughout the hallway, Lucas and Spook needed to clear the room so Jackal could go all out. With them there he had to hold back his powers. Lucas back peddled to the Bar as Spook called out. Popping off shots from the guns he picked up off the ground. He only had twelve shots to work with so he needed to make each one count.

Bullets whizzed by Lucas, he shifted his body to make himself harder to hit. He wasn't getting out of this unscathed. Bullets grazed him as they whizzed by causing cuts to appear on his body. Unfortunately, he didn't have the ability to be bulletproof like his captain so all he could do was back off. Regrouping with spook at the bar was the best option. Toys piled where Spook had cleared out the entrance where they entered through. Lucas dived behind the bar landing next to Spook. His large body made a thud as he hit the wooden floor. They were pinned down, Lucas wished he had a bit more firepower to work with. He was breathing sporadically as his sixth eye was screaming. Spook was patching himself up, Lucas looked at how many shots he had left. He had six in total, after returning fire on the run. He condensed the bullets into one gun and tossed the other aside.

“You good?” Lucas asked grabbing a bottle and taking a swig. Spook used the drinks as a means to clean his gun Shot wound. Luckily Lucas was just covered in grazes, the bleeding was slowing down. He did get hit in his upper shoulder but due to the adrenaline, he wasn't aware of the pain till he looked at the hole. Lucas took the bottle he took a swig from and poured it over his shoulder. He felt a sharp pain that radiated from his body. They weren't going to last long sitting here like this. Lucas grabbed the pistol in his back and reloaded some more rubber rounds that were sitting his pockets. He was running low on ammunition.

Back up to twelve rounds, six rubber, six real they were going to need to make something magical happen here. “Ima go left and get behind a table.” After those words Lucas shot up and began to shoot at the grunts advancing. He did so while moving to the left shots were slapping into the bar behind him as he moved. Him returning fired caused some grunts to move into cover to avoid getting popped. While moving  Lucas kicked a table into some of the grunts trying to move forward. A couple of bodies hit the ground making thuds with each shot. Some where just unconscious while others were down for the count. Lucas flipped a table up and used it as cover for a moment to catch his breath.

Hopefully Jackal could make something happen since his crew were out of the way.

Kaito

Supernova
Supernova

Kaito

バンディットキング - Bandit King

Oddly, Jackal had been waiting for a situation such as this, without even a need for an announcement, Spook and Lucas made their way towards the Eastern corridors of the dojo, in attempts to break the formation of the incoming grunts but what made it even more ideal, was them giving Jackal leg room to go all-out.

"I guess I can give this a test drive... My more refined Haki."
Jackal stated smirking. As the bullets rained towards the Mink's position, Jackal crouched onto the ground, covering his entire upper body in a metallic gold tint. Refining his haki to the purest of levels, where individuality shone through as the bullets literally bent inwards upon contact with his skin. Jackal would maintain this position until his nakama had safely exited the room, after which he'd release an explosion that'd cover a ten meter radius, encapsulating himself in a plume of smoke. Terrified of the idea of losing vision on the Supernova, Mother's men continued to empty their rounds towards the Mink's position, eventually, sixty men in total firing a combination of pistols and rifles at Jackal's mark.

Click.Click.Click. The sound of the panicking assassins running out of ammunition for their tools of mass homicide couldn't help but widen the almost psychotic looking grin on the Mink's face. Luckily for the men, the Bandit King's visage couldn't be seen as yet, the smoke from his first explosive round had still set the scene for the prelude for the massacre ahead. A single boom shot off rocket style from within the cloud's epicentre, in a streamline motion, that once completed would've placed the gunmen well within range of the human detonator's realm. Moving at speed far beyond the men's perception [5], Jackal's explosive charge garnered him hang time about ten feet above the men, losing momentum, he'd swoop downwards and the detonation released would've toppled the dojo's northern entrance, the force of the blast wiping out everything within a fifty meter radius. The blast was so devastating that anyone with inadequate endurance wouldn't even have a body to be recognised in the scraps, and as for the grunts, only splatter marks of their bodies would've remained as the smoke cleared.

Count:

Panting in the corridors outside of the Navigational Room, Sinbad's shoulder was plastered in gashes from back to front from the explosive rounds aimed towards his direction by Mother's Men. Losing too much blood as is, Sinbad began to fade in and out of consciousness, as he'd even left his daggers in his room. While Jackal, Spook and Justice were locked in training, their feed had been hacked and traced by Mother's other warehouses, after hearing rumours of the Calico Pirates setting up house in the Nil Slums. Force feeding fake visuals on the Camera Den Den, Sinbad was caught off guard from the Pawn Pieces who raided the control room but Sinbad managed to escape just in the nick of time but not without injury. Standing at 6'7 in complete cowboy attire, tilting his hat upward with the mouth of his pistol, the rattling of the man's cowboy boots could've been heard as it echoed throughout the surrounding area."Hiding is futile. At this point in time... Your Captain should be eating a pile of lead. Come out. We'll work out a deal where you can at least be one of Mother's Male escorts, your certainly pretty enough." Dimitri, one of Mother's Pawns stated spitting chewed molasses onto the ship's floor as he'd traversed the hall.

Skills:

Words: 589

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

BannerImage
Luckily Lucas had his backside pretty good, he seemed to be in his element in this environment. Even though his abilities were silenced by a lack of stone. It was clear to Spook that he was faster than him. While his will was strong in battle, once they arrived at a semi-safe shelter, Spook begun to realize his gravity of the injuries he'd gotten. They were perceived as great, the bleeding hole in his leg stung like a motherfucker due to the vodka being poured all over the wound. Which in hindsight wasn't the best due to all the pain. It definitely did incapacitate a few parts of Spook, like his inability to reply to his crewmate asking him if he was fine.

Despite losing much control over his body, his inner berserker managed to undo his belt, and wrap it around the upper part of his calf--halting the excess of bleeding. This trick wouldn't last though, requiring amputation if left on for too long; at least it prevents the death of its host. Because of his lacking medical skills, this tourniquet was hardly effective. Moving around felt bad, but was necessary; being cornered into a bar and gunned down isn't the way he wanted to leave this world. He certainly moved slower[1], but left the bar nonetheless. Explosions and the sound of guns being fired were at an almost constant level. By grabbing a pistol next to a corpse on the hallway, Spook had a way to defend himself again.

He couldn't go far, was slumping against walls most of the time. While Spook moved from hallway to hallway, he'd have incapacitated two grunts by legging them, rushing over to them to turn them into toys--he had about three toys left at this point. He used the earlier used contract to create these toys, having said the magic word 'contract', he was able to give them orders.

##

Move on and scout ahead, eliminate all of mothers pawns you meet.

Spook reloaded his firearm and slowly followed the toys. A pair of cowboy boots were approaching from the west, he wasn't done reloading his firearm, so Spook hid behind a pillar while the other toys attracted its attention. Spook heard what cowboy boots was saying. It was difficult to concentrate on the words, since pain filled much of his mental capacity. By using hand gestures, he gave his toys the command to go after cowboy boots. One toy had a gun with two bullets, and the other two were all out of bullets.

The first toy peeked the corner where cowboy boots held an angle. Almost instantaneously the head of the toy disappeared into dust. A dense explosion snapped onto its head right after the bullet connected with its head. Spook cleared his throat, did cowboy boots spawn an explosion on his head? The connecting of the bullet was unseen to the puppet master. He quickly gave his toys other commands. He brought his index fingers together, and split them apart-- motioning the two fingers around a figurative corner.

@

The two toys were ordered to split apart, and attack cowboy boots from both sides. This plan was halted until one toy had reached the other side of the hallway. He continued talking smack. "If you come out, I'll spare you." Spook tsjrped with his mouth, being long done with reloading his pistol. Both of the toys were going to be his decoy, have them both pop out at the same time meant he could only shoot one and not the other. This meant that if the sniper shot one of the toys, and the other started moving up on them they'd have to turn around. During this moment, Spook wanted to peek out and shoot him. The only gun the toys had was in the scope of Dmitri. As soon as the other toy had reached the other side, the plan begun to activate. The toy on Spooks side peeked first, reserving a shot between its eyes. Upon the shot being fired the other toy started moving in, causing Dmitri to have to turn around to shoot the toy; giving Spook an opportunity to lean in and peek, aim his pistol and shoot Dmitri twice through the shoulder.

@

The sudden explosion attracted more of Mothers Grunts. Spook went over to the dropped gun and picked it up, akimbo-pistol shooting a few mob grunts while using the cover of the hallway pillar. He ordered the surviving toy to grab the gun of the injured Dmitri and cover the hallway. Spook moved to the middle of the hallway to convert the injured Dmitri into a toy. The toy covering the hallway managed to kill two mob grunts with the exploding gun before it got shot in the head. Before the grunt who shot his toy in the head could peek the corridor, Spook and his new toy had already exited it through the other side, not wanting to get flanked like Dmitri just did.

[ Dmitri converted into a toy ]
**@

Spook started perceiving the world in a different fashion. The entrances and exiting of emotions. Distant voices whispering. Sensations unfelt by his other senses were opening. Ten.. nine, that's how many people were within a fifteen meter range within him. Such a sensation, it seemed untamable; giving it refined directions seemed to be difficult. This ability did make it easier for him to find an empty room.

Find me a needle and thread, I need you to stitch my leg up.

Spook proclaimed, he wouldn't be useful in battle if he sustained more damage from his injuries. The toy began looking through the cabinets of the room, not being able to find what his master ordered, the toy left and looked in a few other rooms. The mob grunts had no reason to kill the toy, but they'd behave offensively most likely regardless. So the toy spooked around before finding the items and returning to Spook, amateurishly patching his leg up while the room remained clear of enemies.

banner is hoverable
* = 1 grunt slayed | # = 1 grunt turned to toy | @ = 1 toy slayed
BannerImage
you're up @Justice
used: Haki Kenben
used: Toy Jutsu

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

Gunslinger

Lucas sat behind the table breathing sporadically, the bullet lodged in his shoulder began to radiate pain. He needed to keep moving or he was a sitting duck. Thankfully Jackal was able to do his work while the two were out of the way. Lucas peered from behind the table to catch Spook limping by. The men had all begun to focus on Jackal giving him time to hobble by. Lucas got up from the table and followed Spook out into the hallway. Lucas went east Spook went west. Nothing needed to be said work needed to be done.

They would miss the incoming explosion from the center of the room. He felt the explosion aimed at the northern entrance. The shock-wave radiated throughout the room and with the remnants leaking into the hallway. It knocked over grunts and such that were trying to enter through the way Lucas and Spook entered. Lucas and Spook were now on their own. Lucas holstered his pistol loaded with rubber rounds and proceeded to equip two more lethal guns. He needed to grab his gear from his room. Thankfully he stayed on the same floor but it was a bit of a trek. No doubt there were grunts on the way to the dojo.

With both guns trained down the hallway, he moved carefully, listening for any form of movement. There were sounds of fighting with the grunts of the ship and Mothers men. Sounds of gunshots ringing off the wooden walls and down the hallways. Lucas peered down a hallway to see one of the Calico grunts laying on the ground with a man standing over him. With one gun pointed Lucas squeezed the trigger causing a round to fire down the hallway and enter into the brain of the man ready to strike the final blow. His body fell backward alerting two more men behind him. As they turned around Lucas squeezed each trigger with the barrel pointed down the hallway. His shots hit with deadly accuracy, causing the men to be thrown backward from the recoil.

Lucas moved quickly down the hallway stepping by the grunt trying to recover. The grunt propped himself on the wall, he was hit in the lower abdomen. It looked as if he was going to bleed out without some form of help. Lucas wasn't the doctor so there wasn't going to be much help here. All he could do was offer a pistol from one of the downed men and a reassuring nod. “We will get the bastards.”

The grunt grunted in pain as he grabbed the gun with a bloody hand. The was no telling how long he was going to last in this situation. Lucas had about nine rounds left in total. He was going to make each shot count. His room was only around the corner from the dojo. The sound of the explosion was going to bring more goons to the dojo. So Lucas made sure to make a mad dash for the room. He turned around to see a bunch of men near his room. He ducked in a near by room quickly before they started to move towards the dojo. He held his breath while he hugged the wall. They sprinted by with their weapons ready to go. It wasn't long before shots rang down the hallway. No doubt from the man he equipped with a weapon. Lucas moved into his room quickly. He closed the door, hoping no one would check in while he was getting ready.

Lucas grabbed live rounds and quickly loaded his pistol. Placing Primo in his back waistband he grabbed the short barrel shotgun and cocked it. He grabbed a t-shirt and rewrapped his arm, this time it was tighter. The blood was slowing down and as long as the bullet was present it would serve to plug the hole. Lucas flung the door back open, no one was there. Lucas stepped out, looking both ways. It seemed no one was present. He needed to get back to the grunt and Spook. Jackal was no doubt handling business.

• Primo Equipped with Live rounds
  • Shotty now equipped

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum