Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:06 am

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

An Even Trade I

With each impact against his ally's body, Noctis felt his form solidify on contact, resulting in a bit of a shock both figuratively and literally. The mink's temper was reaching a fever pitch, as planned, but Noctis' eyes still narrowed slightly in disappointment. It wasn't wholly unexpected for the man to resort to using electro, even if unintentionally. However, Noctis had anticipated more from the companion he had come to admire. Despite this, the longleg couldn't exactly blame Devroux for his actions, given the circumstances he had been put under.

Noctis took the momentary pause in the action to plot out his next course of action. Stretching out his legs and rotating his wrists, Noctis brought his limbs back into a comfortable state after the brief exposure to electro. The closer Devroux came to losing his composure, the closer Noctis was to his end game. At this point in time, pulling his punches wouldn't do his ally any favors. There had to be a degree of genuine risk in order to force out the desperation Noctis desired to witness.

Power continued to build up in his leg thanks to his finer control with the gas fruit, which allowed his Hakai technique to be even more discreet than it had in the past. A full power, prepped kick sheathed in Busoshoku was just the threat Noctis needed to bare in order to provoke his partner's own Haki. Still, a situation needed to be set up where dodging simply wouldn't be an option for Devroux, having to take the brunt of the blow head on with nothing but the sheer desperation to do so.

With the sheen of his own Haki coming across his right leg, Noctis made sure to brandish his weapon in plain sight, letting the mink know exactly where the threat would come from. "I'm gunning straight for your chest, max speed, full force." Noctis warned, pointing directly at Devroux's center of mass. With Nagare, the longleg felt confident in his ability to move and strike faster than his companion could see, having telegraphed his next move both with his Busoshoku, his direction, and his words, simply to allow his companion to process what needed to be done in order to come out of this intact. Even with just a glancing blow, a Buso reinforced hakai would cause some serious damage.

Having already put his friend off kilter with underhanded tactics, surprise attacks, and a condescending tone, the moment was ripe for the ultimatum. This time, Noctis wouldn't go for a cheap shot, but rather lay everything out on the table, allowing for his ally to sink or swim on their own terms. Tapping his busoshoku coated foot once as a final method of telegraphing his assault, Noctis accelerated to max speed from his position with Nagare to approach in almost an instant, thrusting his lengthy leg directly at the mink's sternum while unleashing all of the energy he had stored up over the past few exchanges.

Noctis truly hoped his ally would overcome not only the obnoxious behavior, but the mental block that plagued him. Waiting for the dust to settle, the longleg anxiously anticipated the results of his plan.

Words: 806
Doriki: +5 to Strength/Power when using legs, +10 to Speed, +5 to Endurance
Skills: Nagare, Hakai [+2, used]
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Duracloth Wrap, Duracloth Cape, Vision Dial, Extinguishing Cloth, Pressure Vessel
Notes: Haki Stamina 2/6 @Devroux

17[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:43 am

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

Although seething with anger, Devroux still held the presence of mind necessary to carefully watch his opponent's actions. The two of them were still allies and even though Dev's anger was slowly reaching its peak, Noctis wasn't in the position to have that happen. The long-leg was able to remain calm and do what he thought was necessary to force out the haki that was desired, so in the moment that their exchange let up, he began signalling his next intent.

The mink could see the man's long leg coat with the sheen of Busoshoku Haki, but it was also then that he noticed the tapping of one of Noctis' signature techniques. The kick that he was about to throw was going to be the strongest yet, but he was blatantly prepping it so that Devroux was aware, as well as letting him know where it would come. Through the rage that had been built up, narcissism was still prevalent. He wanted to succeed in their common goal, as well as conquer the attack that was coming for his own personal superiority, but there was an obvious gap in their current abilities.

Devroux had worked with Noctis on plenty of occasions and knew just how fast he was capable of being. At his top speed, Kenbunshoku would only just barely let him react, if that. But what was more of a threat was the Busoshoku that coated his leg now. Electro was a valuable resource for a mink, and it was even greater knowing how it interacted with Noctis' Gas Gas Fruit; however, it did nothing against the Busoshoku that would make a kick that was already stronger than normal even stronger. He'd need his own armor for that, but he hadn't crafted any and his bracer had already been broken.

Noctis rushed forward with his Nagare faster than Dev could perceive, even with the help of Kenbunshoku. There was no time to counter the attack, he could only prepare to take the hit. Flexing his muscles, the Busoshoku hardened leg contacted his chest and he was thrown back another town block, his light frame still offering no resistance of its own. As he tumbled to a stop on the ground, the mink's chest throbbed in pain. With his clawed fingers he clutched at his chest trying to gain back the wind that had been knocked out of him. But as soon as that had happened, his mind understood.

The pain in his chest he was feeling now and the wind being knocked out of him were optimal results, as the kick that Noctis had delivered straight into his chest could have collapsed his torso entirely and killed him on the spot. Yet, on the moment of impact he had the armor that he had wished he'd crafted. His desire to take the kick and prove he could was only half of what was needed, but the mental image he had been given by Noctis wasn't the right one; rather, as a blacksmith, armor is what rang home to him. His chest was still throbbing, but a devilish smirk still made its way across his face.

If Kenbunshoku were about caressing the world with your wiillpower and feeling it as it moved, Busoshoku was about using your will to enact a barrier between you and the lesser creatures of the world. Armor to protect you from their attacks, and when attacking, to protect you from having to touch them with your bare hands.

As he laid on the ground, the mink held his fist over his face, inspecting it once again. With the new mental image in hand, he clenched tightly, watching a sheen cover it momentarily before dissipating.

WC: 629
Haki Stamina: 10/10

@Noctis

Equipment:
Doriki:

18[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

An Even Trade I

[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 Help10

With a dull ache radiating from within his leg, Noctis let out a sigh of relief. The kick had sent the mink flying, but the impact felt solid, just as it had when Noctis collided with the steel bracers Devroux had been wearing previously. Spying his ally laid flat out onto their back a fair distance away, Noctis began his slow walk of victory over, smiling from ear to ear as he paced.

Given his strides, it didn't take long for the longleg to reach Devroux, who held a gleaming fist just over his face, a definitive sign of the success Noctis had assumed. Sure enough, at the sight of his effort having bore fruit, Noctis began to chuckle before breaking out into laughter. "Ahh, I knew it! You're too stubborn to let a kick like that do you in!" the longleg said, kneeling down to extend a hand to his companion who was left laying on the ground. "Don't worry, I'll obviously pay for the broken window. More importantly though, you understand the feeling now, right?"

Words: 350
Skills:
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Duracloth Wrap, Duracloth Cape, Vision Dial, Extinguishing Cloth, Pressure Vessel

19[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:54 pm

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

Nothing about what Noctis said rectified the situation; Devroux was still pissed that he went as far as he did and rightfully so. However, the olive branch was extended and for how useful the long-leg had been as an ally thus far, the best decision was to take it, regardless of current frustrations. Dev took Noctis' hand and got to his feet, making sure to dust himself off and check for anything that was broken before launching a response.

"The feeling is different from what you had said, but I'm fairly confident that I've gotten a decent understanding of it." The mink contemplated a little more on the feeling that had spurred the reaction, again studying his own hand as he opened and closed it. "Electro was acting as a shield, but Busoshoku acted as my armor. Going off of what you had said though, it'd be more accurately represented by calling it a sword, since it can be used to attack and defend." The thought brought up a secondary revelation, making Dev smile to himself. "I guess that's why they call it the Color of Arms."

The mink had had his wings tucked tightly against his back for the duration of their training, but at this point he brought them over his shoulders and draped them against his body as was normally comfortable. The only thing that wasn't covered by the cloak was his head and the lower half of his shins. But, being the manifestation of his confidence, Dev had to try coating them in Busoshoku while the feeling was fresh in his mind. Focusing on them, he imagined covering them both with a flexible armor that would protect them from the world.

The natural black of the wings didn't change, as that was already fairly close to the color that the Busoshoku would have coated them with, but the glossy sheen that came with the haki coverage signified that he had succeeded; a feat that was even easier than coating his hand with it. Although it was just in the early stages of succession, the idea of being able to wrap himself in Busoshoku wings sounded like an impressive, yet simple, defensive technique.

"And yes, you better pay for that window."

[EXIT]

WC: 383
Haki Stamina: 10/10

@Noctis

Equipment:
Doriki:

20[T] An Even Trade I - Page 2 Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

An Even Trade I

Though Noctis could tell his friend was still annoyed with the methods used, the longleg didn't pay it much mind. After all, the reward was far more substantial and important than any minor inconvenience, allowing the two to begin the process of refining their haki on their own time. The way Devroux described Busoshoku after having used it made sense. A sword wasn't just a tool to strike with, it could be used to block and parry as well, almost like an extension of one's self. Perhaps appealing to his ally's experience as a weapons expert would have been a more efficient option, but hindsight is always clearer.

"True enough." Noctis replied, looking on as Devroux seemed keen on experimenting with his haki, letting his wings gloss over with the familiar sheen and color that represented his skill. Whistling at the impressive sight, the longleg turned to make his way back to the shop in order to retrieve his weapon and cloak, before bidding his ally a temporary farewell. "Next time, I'll come bearing gifts instead of..." Noctis trailed off, glancing back at the shattered glass. "...that."

With a final wave, Noctis mounted the sword onto his back and began the trek back to his warehouse to do some experimenting of his own.
[Exit]

Words: 324
Skills:

Last edited by Noctis on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum