Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
[T] An Even Trade I EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
[T] An Even Trade I EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
[T] An Even Trade I EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
[T] An Even Trade I EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
[T] An Even Trade I EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
[T] An Even Trade I EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
[T] An Even Trade I EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
[T] An Even Trade I EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
[T] An Even Trade I EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1[T] An Even Trade I Empty [T] An Even Trade I Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:45 am

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

Devroux hadn't partnered up with his long-legged associate recently, but the two of them were in constant communication just in case one of them was getting themselves into deeper trouble than they would be able to handle alone. It kept the relationship on its toes and fresh, as being needed to fight a strong opponent validated the opponent's strength as well as their own. Currently, the two had decided to meet in Devroux's shop, though this time it wasn't because they were after the head of a mafia boss, pirate bounties, or the assistance of a doctor that one of them knew. Instead, they were there to trade intel in order to increase their personal abilities in combat, rather than doing it in the heat of the moment as they were normally privy to.

In this world, those that were seeking the higher echelons of the world were those that could use Haki, an almost spiritual power that could either increase a person's awareness or increase the hardness of their skin. Those who were adept enough knew how to use both these types of Haki and fortunately for Noctis and Devroux, they had each learned how to use different kinds. Devroux had learned how to use Kenbunshoku Haki, the type that increased awareness and perception; Noctis had learned how to use Busoshoku Haki, the type that increased the density of the user's skin making them more durable. Ironically, it was the opposite that would be most useful.

Because knowing how to and being adept at using Haki was important in this world, trading this knowledge between associates was crucial - though Devroux knew just how much more important it was for him than it was for Noctis. While the long-legged man could rely on the intangibility that his Devil Fruit afforded him, the mink wasn't so lucky in that aspect. Busoshoku was indescribably more important for him to learn if there wasn't anything extra he could rely on.

Dev sat patiently leaning against the shop's front counter, waiting for Noctis to show up.

WC: 353
Haki Stamina: 10/10

Equipment:
Doriki:

2[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:55 am

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

An Even Trade I

[T] An Even Trade I Prep14
Despite the fact that the pair had been on their own ventures as of late, Noctis had made sure to keep in near constant communication with Devroux ever since their encounter with Adder and their subsequent wanted status. Of course, this included Noctis being approached by the Eighth Estate to take out a Hitman known as 'Scarface' for their bounties to be cleared. In that time, Devroux had managed to make somewhat of a name for himself in another field, smithing. Having chose the Minkman's shop as a rendezvous, the two men were to meet and exchange information on their developments and abilities. Most importantly, the still enigmatic skill known as Haki.

Entering into the shop, Noctis glanced down at the bat mink resting along the counter. "This place isn't exactly easy to find, ya know?" Noctis explained, resting the flattened top of his blade Kuroi along the ground gently before adjusting the duracloth wrap around his forearms. "Are you ready to get started? I can start out showing you hardening, or you can teach me observation, either works for me."

Of course, beyond Noctis new abilities as a gas human, teaching each other the form of haki they lacked was paramount. Especially considering that to both Noctis and Devroux, the form they had awakened was the form least useful to them currently. With Noctis' intangibility, the hardening factor of his Busoshoku Haki meant relatively little to him, while his companion had no such advantages.

Waiting to take his companion's lead, Noctis lifted his weapon from the floor, placing it into the sheathe on his back.

Words: 328
Doriki: +5 to Strength/Power when using legs, +10 to Speed, +5 to Endurance
Skills:
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Duracloth Wrap, Duracloth Cape, Vision Dial, Extinguishing Cloth, Pressure Vessel
Notes: @Devroux

3[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:40 am

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

Having waited against the counter for some time, Devroux's gaze had shifted to the floor whilst lost in thought. Noctis entering the shop forced him to lift his eyes to meet his friend, but rather than a polite greeting he was simply re-informed that the smithing shop, Sam's Smithery, was hard to find - a fact that had been self-evident every day the mink had worked there so far.

"Thank you. Nice to see you too. Yes, I would love to get straight down to business," Devroux shot back. His words were brimming with sarcasm in a full-force counter to Noctis' rushed desire to share their haki knowledge. "It's not like we're fighting, so I figured I'd just shut down the shop for today and we'd use the space as a meeting room."

Finally taking his weight off the counter, Devroux stood up and walked into the center of the shop. As he did this, he extended his arms to the side and began to shake them out and loosen his muscles - something he also did with his wings, albeit to a lesser degree.

"I'll go first, if you don't mind," the mink continued. He left a pause before continuing from there, "As you should already be aware, there's a tangible feeling that comes with the use of Haki. If this is true for Kenbunshoku, which is merely perceptive in nature, then I assume this is also true for Busoshoku. Now, I don't know about you, but I'm the type of person that likes to know all the information. Which is why I've decided on articulating how it feels to use Kenbunshoku Haki."

He was doing his best to present with showmanship, but he looked over at Noctis to make sure. "Now, before I continue, I want to know if that's okay with your or if there's some other way I could explain it that would help you more." Patiently, Devroux waited for his partner's response.

WC: 343

Equipment:
Doriki:

4[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

An Even Trade I

Noctis chuckled at the bat mink's response to his greeting, knowing very well that it would have pressed his buttons. "Don't worry, I'm not in a rush."

Listening intently to his ally, Noctis buried the knuckle of his index finger under his lower lip while supporting his chin with his thumb. Although the minkman's prelude to the lesson was rather long winded, Noctis didn't overly mind. He had become intimately aware of the feeling that using Busoshoku gave, as well as how it felt to receive a blow enhanced by it, in recent days. In addition to that, Noctis had been grasping at Kenbunshoku ever since the fight with Clovis Adder, trying to replicate the feeling he felt at the onset of the encounter, with varying success. Certainly, there was merit to Devroux's assumption, as he surely realized it as well.

[T] An Even Trade I Srs_cu10

"Of course. I've been struggling with self-teaching, so your viewpoint would be much appreciated. I feel so close to it already, but that 'feeling' always seems to slip out of my grasp. There's a good chance you could describe what it is exactly that I'm missing." Noctis responded, his demeanor far more serious and engaged then it had been previously. At the end of the day, Noctis was a man of results over presentation, and as much as he tried to alter his nature to accommodate the people around him, it was easy to see.

Thinking for a moment about the best way to proceed, Noctis spoke up. "I'll let you explain the feeling verbally first, and then I can try my hand at replicating it. If that fails, you might need to take a more... hands on approach."

Words: 335
Skills:
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Duracloth Wrap, Duracloth Cape, Vision Dial, Extinguishing Cloth, Pressure Vessel

5[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:27 am

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

The thought of poking and prodding at Noctis until he could dodge the modest attacks made Devroux smile, but it'd be much better if the situation didn't have to come to that. Of course, the end result was going to be the same. One way or another, the duo would learn the opposite Haki that they currently had and grow from the small encounter.

"Well," the mink began, "Kenbunshoku Haki is based off of your perception and how you see things, but it's more than that and although I haven't experienced these before, I would say it'd closely relate to something like astral projection or another kind of out-of-body experience." Dev hadn't formulated some speech to emulate the way he felt while using his haki, so he was doing the best he could with on-the-fly descriptions. "Rather than being able to just see everything as it comes, it feels like you've taken a step back and are watching everything unfold around your body."

He paused for a second, letting the speech sink in a little bit before adding on to the tail end, "Of course, this isn't literal. This is simply how it feels to use the type of haki that I have."

Noctis and Devroux were different people, but they had managed to align together for so long because they thought, at least somewhat, alike. If Noctis were to think alike in this situation, it'd make things much easier - going both ways. It'd make it easier for him to teach the long-legged about Kenbunshoku Haki, but it'd also mean that Noctis' descriptions might be easier to understand as well.

WC: 284

Equipment:
Doriki:

6[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

An Even Trade I

Listening intently to Devroux's explanation, Noctis hearkened back to his previous encounters with the phenomena. Having all occurred during times of extreme duress, Noctis recalled the time-dilation he seemed to experience when he first faced off against Garrolt Taylor, the Kingpin. At that time, his body and mind acted on their own, and the longleg had always felt that the power Devroux described came of it's own accord, to compensate for what Noctis had lacked.

Then, the second moment the color of observation had managed to appear, the situation was far less dire, in the opening moments of the battle against Clovis Adder. The high number of guards left Noctis' senses overwhelmed, but they were still an obstacle that needed to be removed. It was during the first movements that Noctis experienced the sensation once more, and the first time he recognized it as more than a fluke or a one-off. Ever since that moment, Noctis had been trying to replicate the ability. Yet, in doing so, Noctis brought out a different ability, his willpower directed inward to act as an armor and equalizer, against the intangible Adder.

The third and most recent experience with Kenbunshoku came when Noctis squared off against Sakuma 'Scarface' Aquaflore, an opponent who's speed surpassed Noctis' own so significantly, that Noctis couldn't track him. This was the longleg's first attempt at actively using the ability in combat, and while he was able to bring it out, it was so momentary and fleeting that outside of that very specific scenario, it was unusable. Still, in that fight, Noctis had managed to spot smaller details that he himself hadn't been able to see, such as the fact that Aquaflore moved even faster than his own perceptions. It was with that observation that Noctis pulled out a relatively easy win, at least in comparison to the two previous fights.

The common thread each encounter with Kenbunshoku Haki, however, was in stark contrast to Devroux's own explanation. Every time Noctis had used Haki of any sort, either unintentionally or otherwise, it was never an experience beyond his own person. His willpower or spirit had always felt confined to his being specifically, as a form of enhancement. Yet to the mink in front of him, it was a tool to exert upon the world, outwardly. This out-of-body experience mentioned was what exemplified the differences between the two already very similar men. While Devroux sought to bring his will into the world, Noctis had always bottled it, as something fragile to be protected and sheltered. Perhaps that was why despite his best efforts, he ended up with what could be described as a shield, as opposed to the observation Devroux had.

"I... think I understand." Noctis said, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes. He was familiar with drawing his will inward to use Busoshoku, and he had inadvertently used Kenbunshoku multiple times in the past. But now, with this revelation and instruction, perhaps now he could finally manifest it fully. Calming himself with regular breathing, Noctis felt his spirit surging to the surface, and while he usually forced it back down, to use for himself, he now felt at ease letting it out. Even with his eyes closed, he could 'see' the world around him, including himself, in a way that was as familiar to him as it was foreign.

Keeping his eyes shut, Noctis turned his head to Devroux. "If you'd be so kind as to attack me, I'd much appreciate it. Don't hold back."

Words: 962
Skills:

7[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:31 pm

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

For a moment, Noctis seemed to calm his spirit and take in the explanation that Devroux had given him. The mink knew very well that haki could be claimed in a variety of different manners, but again, he was simply relying on the fact that the two thunk alike in hopes that they'd be able to pull out similar results from the same explanations. If Noctis wasn't aware of an activating Kenbunshoku Haki, however, he'd never know that he'd be able to feel the emotions of the mink in front of him - he still requested to be attacked.

Of course, Devroux had no issues in obliging this request, though he decided to get a little crafty with it. Rather than throw hollow punches at Noctis while his eyes were closed, he only gave a brief reply of, "One second," before making his way around the room. Using Sam's Smithery as the location of their haki training was in part for the privacy that it afforded, but it had other benefits as well if other things were needed. The mink slowly made his way through the workshop gathering pieces of metal, wires, a length of rubber before taking his time to tie them together. It was a rudimentary craft, but he had made a usable slingshot nonetheless. Unfortunately there were only small BBs and other pieces of metal to use for ammunition, but knowing Noctis, he could take it.

Taking up a position a few feet away from the long-legged, Devroux loaded up one of the first metal scraps into the slingshot, pulled it back while aiming at Noctis' forehead, and let it go. The rubber contracted back to its resting state, launching the metal bit at the man's head with perfect accuracy, giving satisfaction to Dev in being able to shoot things at his (admitted) friend, but also that his slingshot had worked perfectly first try.

Before Noctis could react verbally, Devroux took his chance to launch three more projectiles at his friend's head while he wasn't expecting it. A guess can be lucky, but if he could dodge them all, they'd have true success.

WC: 365

Equipment:
Doriki:

8[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

An Even Trade I

As Noctis stood with a serene stillness, he could make out the mink's presence shifting in the darkness his closed eyes provided. It wasn't a developed or sharp form, but it was identifiable and clear in his mind's eye.

Soon enough, Devroux's form returned to rest a few feet away from where Noctis held his ground. Immediately, Noctis seemed to understand the 'intent' behind the figure's actions, to aim for the head. The moment the projectile fired, the conventionally blind longleg pivoted his head as the metal bit grazed past his temple, causing the cut to bleed. It was a narrow, imperfect dodge; Noctis' inexperience actively using Kenbunshoku clearly evident. Still, Noctis wasn't concerned or dejected as three more shots rocketed out from Devroux's presence.

Adjusting from his last mistake, Noctis didn't seek to actively anticipate the attacks which caused him to delay, instead letting his will and perception guide him fully. Just as the first bit was to make contact with his forehead, Noctis leaned out of it's trajectory.

The second projectile already in the air, it finally became a true test of the longleg's discipline. He could sense the attack, but he could not analyze it as he had done so often in the past, there was simply no time. Instead, his body stepped to the side, Noctis' torso readjusting from the earlier lean to allow the bit to sail to the side.

Noctis' comfort with the sensation of Kenbunshoku increasing at a steady clip, he moved forward towards the third and final shot, tilting his head out of harms way as he finally opened his eyes and closed the distance between the two men with his stride. Rubbing the bloody cut on the side of his head with his thumb, Noctis looked down at his bloodied digit before returning his gaze to the mink. "Not perfect, but not bad either I'd say. I think I got the sensation down, it's just a matter of training it."

Unbuckling his cape, Noctis placed Kuroi against the wall, letting his cloak hand over the pommel before returning to his position in front of Devroux. "Now, for your lesson."

Words: 634
Skills:
Notes: Haki Stamina 5/6 @Devroux

9[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

The first of Noctis' dodges didn't go so smoothly, but he gradually seemed to get the hang of it as he dodged each metal bit more convincingly each time. Yet as Devroux watched, he couldn't help but bite his lip in concerned thought. The long-legged man had shown himself to be adept to a certain degree in the time they had spent with each other, but there was a vast difference in being able to actively use Kenbunshoku Haki and anticipating the actions of someone that he knew well enough. In the small, confined room, it was also easy to add in the sounds that the slingshot made as part of what contributed to him being able to dodge so well.

However, while Devroux was concerned for Noctis' true understanding of Kenbunshoku Haki, the man himself was not. Being the teacher in this instant, it was hard for the mink to argue with his friend and instead accepted the long-legged's desire to swap turns. While he wanted to be sure that Noctis understood what he had been taught, Dev's desire to learn a new type of haki for himself was just a little bit more overpowering, even as patient as he usually tended to be. The mink could feel his muscles tense up in excitement, a feeling that came with the idea that Busoshoku Haki would be paired with a physical sensation given what it was intended to do.

Setting the makeshift slingshot down on the counter, he turned back to Noctis. "If you would be so kind..." he trailed off, waving a hand towards his partner in order to gesture for him to take the lead.

WC: 333

Equipment:
Doriki:

10[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

An Even Trade I

"Now, as you described so kindly earlier, Kenbunshoku is very much an external experience, using your spirit as a means to bolster your perceptions of the world. However, Busoshoku is nearly the opposite in that regard. Rather than allowing your willpower to exert itself upon your surroundings, the act of armament requires you to suppress it, and brandish it as both sword and shield." Noctis started to explain, holding his hand out as the familiar sheen came across his skin, indicating that he had begun to use Busoshoku at a starter level. Compared to his earlier usage of Kenbunshoku, however, there was no stillness of spirit or will within him. In fact, his willpower couldn't be sensed at all outside of what emanated from his hand, his soul coming forth as a stifled scream rather than a calm expanse.

"Now, from what I know about you, this might come as more of a challenge then you think. Despite being a very intelligent and mental individual, Buso is an act of force and a physical exertion. I imagine it would be a struggle for those who have grand ambitions of exerting their will upon the world." Noctis continued, letting the sheen fade from his hand before putting it into his pocket. "You might be expecting something simple, like a test of endurance as you try to shield yourself from my blows. But that's only half of it. Busoshoku isn't just a shield, but a sword as well as I said. You might remember during the fight against Adder, the only reliable method of striking him was through your use of Electro. However, there were moments where I was able to strike him as if he were solid. It was during those exchanges that I seem to have used the power of Armament to bring his form into a state where I could strike it."

Keeping his hands in his pockets, Noctis rotated his neck before allowing his form to waver slightly, his body becoming fully gaseous without changing his appearance completely. In fact, the only indication he was intangible was the smaller streams of harmless gas flowing outward from his body. "So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to let you try it out on your own, and then we're going to spar. Your goal is not only to strike me using Busoshoku instead of electro, but also to defend yourself against my Buso. Given that you're naturally more adept at the use of haki, should our armament collide, your newly acquired Buso should cancel mine out, at the least. However, you should already be well aware of what will happen should you take a Buso enhanced strike undefended..."

Thinking back to the encounter with Clovis Adder, both Noctis and Devroux knew how much a haki empowered attack could hurt, but learning haki required risk, and just as his friend had tested him, Noctis was prepared to return the favor. "After you."

Words: 859
Skills:
Notes: Haki Stamina 4/6 @Devroux

11[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

Noctis had already openly admitted that he had touched on the sensations of Kenbunshoku Haki prior to their agreement to meet here today. Although Devroux was skeptical about his confidence in understanding its practical application, there would be reason for the long-leg to have uncovered it in a true sense. On the other hand, Dev hadn't even made the attempt at using Busoshoku Haki on his own. It had been something that he'd wanted to learn, but he had yet to take any step towards that goal. If he were to learn it before they dispersed from the shop, it'd be after a decent sum of practice.

Devroux held his clawed, furry hand out in front of him and inspected it as if it had somehow changed since the last time he had looked. His companion had explained how Busoshoku seemed to differ in its feeling from Kenbunshoku, but if he thought he had Dev's thoughts pinned down, he was sorely mistaken, at least in part. While the mink did have grand ambitions about bending the world to his will, the fuel for that ambition was confidence in himself and his strength, which, if he understood the explanation correctly, was precisely what would make learning this new haki happen.

The mink stood there, focusing on his hand, and when he was confident in his strike, he jabbed his fingers forward in a modest attempt to stab his partner, albeit not one that would wound him in earnest. Yet, even though he was confident in the attack, his fingers were met with nothing but Noctis' gaseous body. He tried again, and again, but each time Dev attempted to strike his friend, there was no solidity to his form.

It was puzzling to the mink. "Am I too calm? Am I not willing it great enough," he thought. He was trying in earnest, but the feeling wasn't coming through. With a questioning gaze, he looked back at Noctis for some more informational reassurance.

WC: 337

@Noctis

Equipment:
Doriki:

12[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:42 am

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

An Even Trade I

Noctis stood firm as he studied Devroux's actions and demeanor as the mink seemed to think through what the longleg had told him. There was an air of discontent as Noctis' temporary pupil looked at his hand in deep focus for a moment before confidently thrusting the clawed digits into the gaseous form in front of him. Noctis could tell almost immediately that the strikes weren't up to snuff as they phased through his airy torso harmlessly, leaving him free to let his hands remain comfortably in his pockets.

"Hmm..." Noctis aloud, as he looked down unto his clearly frustrated friend. In truth, Noctis was just as perplexed as Devroux was. By all accounts, the longleg had anticipated his mink companion to pick up on Busoshoku with relative ease, considering how adept he was at Kenbunshoku as well as his own nature.

Thinking it through for a moment to himself, Noctis continued to evaluate his companion. "What circumstances did Dev lack that I had..?" There were a few key differences that sprung to mind, but none that immediately justified the occurrence or lack thereof. Perhaps there had been a misconception somewhere along the line in his lecture, either in the explanation itself or in it's understanding. Noctis would be the first to admit he was no teacher, but he had felt pretty comfortable in his description.

Thinking to the attempt Devroux had just made, it was obvious that he had a strong initial confidence. It was a possibility that the bat mink was too sure of himself, his own self-assurance acting as more detriment than aid. After all, the times when Noctis first used Buso was from a place nearly the opposite, having only manifested when his confidence had been brought to a new low, and in an act of desperation. The mechanism behind it's activation was definitely an internal one as opposed to Kenbunshoku, but the way Noctis had explained it may have been misleading.

"I think, you might be too strong willed, too in your own head for your own good. It might be stopping you from using Busoshoku; your own ego and spirit not allowing itself to be used as a strict tool..." Noctis explained, completely unsure if his rambling made any sense to his friend, and concerned he might take offense to it, as his leg began to build up energy as discreetly as it was hesitantly. "What I'm trying to say is, your will needs to be taken down a peg or two in relation to your mind and body. And it's not going to be pleasant."

Launching himself forward from a standstill with Nagare, a burst of air erupted forth, rattling the interior of the shop slightly. Moving just barely underneath his top speed, Noctis gave his companion just enough time to react to what was likely just a barely visible blur, his busoshoku hardened foot pivoting straight towards the mink's diaphragm. It was aimed deliberately at an area where taking a direct hit would be by no means fatal or severe, but it would certainly take all the air out of the bat's lungs and be painful to a near incapacitating degree if no attempt was made to mitigate it.

Pulling his hands out of his pockets, Noctis readied himself for Devroux's response. It was unfortunate that Noctis lacked the means to teach his friend in a less hands-on way, but the bat mink wasn't only more educated, but more headstrong as well. Despite this, Noctis couldn't help but feel a bit of excitement at the prospect of fighting against his ally. A grin growing on his face, Noctis piercing eyes let loose a mixture of both empathy and sadism, leaving him feeling just as conflicted as Devroux would in all likelihood. "I'm going to have to rattle your confidence a bit. So, just do your best."
[T] An Even Trade I Cape2_10

Words: 957
Skills: Nagare, Hakai [+1]
Notes: Haki Stamina 4/6 @Devroux

13[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:21 am

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

"I think, you might be too strong willed, too in your own head for your own good. It might be stopping you from using Busoshoku; your own ego and spirit not allowing itself to be used as a strict tool..." Noctis explained, the idea seeming mostly ridiculous to Devroux. If he were so confident in himself, that seemed like more of a reason for Busoshoku Haki to manifest than for it to not. The problem couldn't possibly lie with him, but in the teaching that he was receiving. "What I'm trying to say is, your will needs to be taken down a peg or two in relation to your mind and body. And it's not going to be pleasant."

If only slightly, the last line put the mink on edge enough to raise his arms in retaliation against Noctis' blurred movements. Devroux was able to perceive the movements only barely, but that bare minimum of vision allotted him enough time to raise his arms to cover his chest as Noctis moved to attack. The long-legged man was quick, not willing to pull punches either. His kick collided with Dev's steel bracer, shattering it upon impact and lifting the lightweight mink clean off the floor.

The impact hit his arms, not strong enough to harm him outright, but enough to make him sail clean out of the shop. His arms would sting and his chest would hurt from the resulting impact, but what Dev was most worried about was the cost of repairing the windows Noctis had just broken all in the name of progress. He rolled over and picked himself up off the ground, looking at his partner in time to hear a remark of pure bravado.

"I'm going to have to rattle your confidence a bit. So, just do your best."

"Cheap shots won't rattle my confidence," Dev retorted. "If this gets out of hand, you should already be aware that I don't need Busoshoku to hit you." With this, Devroux surged electro through his body, emitting static electricity momentarily to remind Noctis of what they had figured out during their clash with Clovis Adder. He could humor the long-leg for a certain amount of time, but there was a good chance his anger would get out of hand before then.

Returning the favor, Devroux strode forth with a beat of his wings as fast as he could, covering the distance between him and Noctis in an instant. Once again, with confidence, Devroux through several strikes towards Noctis' torso; this time, however, they were closed-fist punches instead of finger jabs. If he was striking to harm, there was potential for it to change and now be covered in Busoshoku, he hoped.

WC: 477

Equipment:
Doriki:

14[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:01 am

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

An Even Trade I

"Good, good." Noctis quipped as he strode out of the shop to meet his ally who had been propelled straight through the window. "It's good to get mad, frustrated." He looked on as his companion sparked with electricity, bringing Noctis' grin to further prominence. "But you should know..."

Bringing himself into a stance to receive Devroux's counterattack, Noctis let air flow into his closed fist rapidly, letting it build up as the mink closed the gap in a swift motion. With his friend now aiming to harm, Noctis could let things escalate naturally, as the man's clawed hands now shut themselves tightly into a ball, letting loose a flurry of punches. Still, Noctis wasn't concerned with the idea that his companion would activate Buso to actually strike him true. After all, that was the goal. Letting the first few strikes pass through him, Noctis brought his fist down just as his companion followed through with another punch, passing through the longleg's abdomen harmlessly. However, instead of striking him, Noctis opened his hand just inches above the mink's wings, letting a small marble of compressed air out point blank with momentum. The instant the sphere left Noctis' hand, it would expand once to reach about a foot in diameter before expanding again on contact to cause a powerful shockwave 10 meters in diameter. "I'm no Adder."

The attack wasn't at it's peak potential for the amount of time Noctis had prepared it, but it was still powerful enough to force Devroux flat into the ground should he not counter it. However, this was just a simple retaliation to the mink's assault. Not wanting to let up the pressure, Noctis aimed the heel of his foot at the mink's right side, letting his right leg travel in a horizontal arc timed to make impact at either the moment of recovery.

The longleg was clued in to his friend's anger, and looked to exploit it much in the same way Clovis had done to him in the past. As calm and collected his friend attempted to be, it was only after compromising his own stability of self that Noctis felt Devroux would attain Busoshoku. It was a risk by no stretch of the imagination, but one that he was willing to take for his ally's benefit. Despite having the means to hit Noctis with electro, the gas man could only conclude his gamble a success if Devroux maintained the discipline and clarity required to refrain from using it while also being desperate enough to break through his own mental block.

Words:
Skills: Teibaku, Hakai [+1]
Notes: Haki Stamina 3/6 @Devroux

15[T] An Even Trade I Empty Re: [T] An Even Trade I Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:26 am

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

The first few punches hit nothing but more of Noctis' hollow, gaseous figure. The attack had yet again amount to no forward progress, but it gave the long-leg a chance to mount a counter attack. As Devroux threw out another hollow punch, Noctis brought his hand down over Dev's shoulder with something in his hand. It wasn't something that the mink had seen before, but he wasn't about to let his partner do as he pleased. Even mid-punch, Dev threw up his other hand, electro coursing through it, and impacted with Noctis' wrist, forcing his hand to release the marble further away than he had intended, albeit well within the range of the explosion.

At the moment of detonation, it was obvious to Devroux that the power had been sucked out of it. The damage that it dealt was minimal at best, but the pressure of the explosion threw the mink off balance, giving Noctis enough time to throw a horizontal kick towards his mid-section. The kick wouldn't make contact with its original target, but the meager block that Dev had been able to throw up with his arms wasn't enough to block the damage as much as he had hoped. The only thing he could do in the moment of contact was electrify his opponent's leg, solidifying the attack and making him feel the contact as well.

Devroux, once again, was thrown backwards, courtesy of his inhumanly light frame. His hands throbbed, as he had been forced to block the kick with them rather than his forearms, as would have been preferable - neither were broken, but they'd be too sore to close them properly for the time being.

"Not really sure where an explosion counts as teaching. That's strike number two, my friend." By now, Devroux was seething in rage. There was a certain amount of violence he could understand in properly forcing out Busoshoku, but an explosion did not fall under that modest understanding. Noctis had officially hit a nerve, but for the sake of his personal progress, he'd give his partner one last shot to redeem himself.

Rather than using the brief lull in the fight to attack once more, Devroux instead opened and closed his hands, using the moment he had to try and stretch out the soreness that had been forced into them. He waved Noctis forward, permitting the long-leg to attack if he so chose.

WC: 422

@Noctis

Equipment:
Doriki:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum