Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bare knuckled truth Sun May 27, 2018 8:34 pm

Deep Bloo

Pirate
Pirate

Deep Bloo

Dark Horse Ricchi
With luck and honed senses, Lu Dahn could hear Hannibal's approach. He started on one side of the boulder and quickly moved to Lu Dahn's side. This approach to Lu Dahn's side, not even to Lu Dahn was enough for the Commodore to key into the sound he'd be relying on to track Hannibal's positioning and actions. As he heard Hannibal come to the side of the boulder he was on, he painfully forced his eyes open. His eyes ached from the abrasiveness of the sand and the fact they had sucked the moisture from his eyes. In the painful glimpse, though he caught a blurry picture of Hannibal and confirmed that the Captain was approaching.

He confidently put up a defensive front, a stance that'd protect important areas like his head and torso. Again with his arms vertical and his fist in front of his face, while his forearms covered the majority of his upper body. Like a weaving boxer he was scrunched down in a crunch and hunched over, so he was a smaller target and so his movements could stem from his hips.

This wasn't useless, but weaving sure was out of the question when Uchis' strike came swinging in. Near the end of the kick Lu Dahn could hear the air getting pushed out of the kicks path, but he hadn't the proficiency to key onto such a factor skillful enough or quick enough. As the kick impacted the left side of his body, he would find that this guard he put up did serve to take some of the brunt of the blow, but not all. He grunted from the strike and stumbled to his right from being knocked off balance. Again he'd force his eyes open to get a glance at Uchis as he stepped a bit far out with his right leg to catch himself. Pulling his right arm back along with this dipping motion from the catch step, he'd push off the ground and barrel straight at Hannibal as he was executing his second kick. The distance between the two was already minuscule and coupled with the burst of speed from a Soru, Lu Dahn would close the gap at an alarming rate, should the alarm even ring. He'd also be shooting this prepped right fist out like a spear for Uchis' center mass, his gut.

Due to his blindness, he wasn't sure which would hit first, or if he'd hit at all, but it was worth a try. Though he was at a disadvantage, Lu Dahn actually liked the feeling of having something to prove and overcome. It was refreshing.
Spoiler:

17Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bare knuckled truth Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:51 am

Aku Soku Zan

Marine
Marine

Aku Soku Zan

He'd feel the impact land but also notice something strange about his leg that he used. The Ice that he thought was his passion seemed to be more than that; at it seemed to crack a lot. In fact it seemed the crack his entire leg that had ice on it. Not to the point that it broke off but that you could obviously tell the cracks were deep. It was strange and caught Hannibal off guard. Saying that was the reason he'd feel a pain in his gut, would just be a excuse. He simply was unable to avoid the sudden attack. Especially with it coming with the second attack Hannibal was about to do.

He'd wince in pain as the fist made contact with his gut, but with that pain came a sudden lash out of his own. Striking down at the wrist of Lu Dahn. He had reach to hit anywhere else but something just made him aim there. Even with him thrown off balance the chop was his last ditch effort to deal some damage before he'd fall backwards.

Regardless of his chopping landing or not he was off balance and would fall backwards. His head hitting a rock that was somewhat hidden within the sand. It wouldn't kill him or anything like that, but the pain was immense. Added to throbbing areas he already were hit in this didn't help at all. Dazed and somewhat confused he spoke. "I yield Commodore." Hannibal wasn't above admitting defeat. He has done it in the past and would do it in the future. It was downplaying he was defeated just him accepting it. More bouts like this will happen in the future, he knew that. They both would improve more as time passed. Just as they improved during this. Well, Hannibal felt he improved during this. From here on out he would not fight the same as he did before. He was disciplined to the point that he was maybe predictable. The sand strike was something that was not something he'd usually do in a fight. That didn't mean he'd toss away everything he knew. Rather he'd improve on it to make it so he isn't as readable. Things he learned from Lu Dahn, from his actions, will be used also. Not to the extent of taking his style but to the point that Lu Dahn could tell he inspired Hannibal. Something else was to be noted as the first kick that landed was not normal. It was the product of a Devil Fruit. Hannibal didn't know this at this moment but soon would find out about himself and his new ability. Maybe if he had a bit more mastery in that he could've been the one standing in this spar. But, with the kick having landed on some part of Lu Dahn ice still was present there. With his level of skill at this point in time(during the flahsback). The ice does melt over time and can be even broken easily. The immediate damage done is frostnip(Minor damage) to the inflicted area.  

"I apologize if our first spar wasn't the best. Next time I assure you, I might have you on your ass." Hannibal would say as he'd raise his hand up. In Hannibal's mind he still felt things were cool between them. And that getting helped up would be done. If not he'd stand up on his own. And he would feel some type of way. Not to the extent that he'd be mad or anything but even more disappointed in himself for not showing up in this spar. If he did get helped up he'd still be disappointed in himself, but not that much. But he'd have enough drive left in him to suggest something. "Wanna go grab the others and go grab a bite to eat?" Hannibal would suggest a group outing rather than just the two of them. He would be fine if it was just them. But he didn't want to leave the others out. They were a team and even though this was a one on one training sessions didn't mean everything they did had to just be them.

Skills:

+5 to perception via Race perk
+5 to Endurance and Durability via occupation perk

18Bare knuckled truth  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bare knuckled truth Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Deep Bloo

Pirate
Pirate

Deep Bloo

Dark Horse Ricchi
Lu Dahn was surprised his strike had landed, especially because he was blinded by the sand. What he found to be more odd than that was the odd sensation of cold he was feeling in his ribs. It wasn't like a cramp or anything, it was actual cold. A thump from Captain Uchis brought him out of this thought though, it sounded like he had hit a rock. Even without being able to see he knew Uchis had fallen from his strike and the thud didn't sound like his body falling on the sand, but a rock.

Lu Dahn dropped his guard in response, spar over or not, but shortly after Hannibal had said he yielded anyhow. "Oh my, that sounded quite painful." Lu Dahn was rubbing the sand from his eyes, he couldn't do much to help if he was blind. He couldn't get it all out, but an adequate amount to the point that he could keep his eyes open for a few seconds before he needed to blink again.

Again the sting from his side tingled his ribs and as he looked around he saw the boulder that Hannibal had struck before was encased in ice. Touching his side he felt a sensation of cold that seemed to be linked to this encapsulated boulder. Ice? Lu Dahn thought back to when they both came upon the cove and he didn't remember Hannibal coming from the water even though he was dripping wet.

"I apologize if our first spar wasn't the best. Next time I assure you, I might have you on your ass."

Lu Dahn looked down at Hannibal and met his hand to help hoist the large man up. "I'd honestly call this bout a draw Uchis. We both have strengths and weaknesses, this was a great exercise to point out what we need to work on." He smiled at his Captain before closing his eyes for a moment from the sand. In hindsight if he wasn't on his high horse he would have saw Hannibal ready the sand attack and been able to avoid it. The spar could have ended in his favor, but that didn't matter. He was glad he and Hannibal had this experience together. "Food sounds nice. Lets head back to the Enforcer and round everyone up. It'll be one of our last opportunities to relax, we should savor it." With that Lu Dahn would head back to the Enforcer but on land. His ribs still felt a bit funny, but it wasn't anything major so he was fine.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum