Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
Exchanges on Baltigo [T] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
Exchanges on Baltigo [T] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
Exchanges on Baltigo [T] EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
Exchanges on Baltigo [T] EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
Exchanges on Baltigo [T] EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
Exchanges on Baltigo [T] EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
Exchanges on Baltigo [T] EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
Exchanges on Baltigo [T] EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
Exchanges on Baltigo [T] EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Empty Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:07 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

Exchanges on Baltigo

It had been awhile since Noctis had made his way to Sam's Smithy ever since he busted up Devroux's window, but he had gifts and repayment, and also wanted to check back in to see how everything was holding up on the mink's end. He had progressed significantly in his crafts since then, and figured his Sovereign Cloth would be a nice surprise. However, it wasn't strictly a meeting for pleasure. After all, he still had the ancient enigmatic weapon for Devroux to study, as well as informing him of his progress in investigating those behind them.

Strolling up to the door, Noctis tapped on the wood several times before inviting himself in. "I come bearing gifts and news!" the longleg said in an over-the-top matter, placing down not only the Sovereign Cloth Wrap on the counter, but the weapon as well. Taking a seat at a nearby table, Noctis leaned back to extend his feet as far as they could go while he gave his friend time to look over what he had brought.

Words: 255
Skills:
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Sovereign Cloth Wrap, Sovereign Cloth Cape, Vision Dial, 3x Pressure Vessel, Dullahan, 2x Breath Dials, Ancient Trick Weapon
Notes: 

2Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Empty Re: Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:43 am

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

The day had only just begun, but the shop was empty as customers hadn't started to spill in yet. As Devroux stood behind the counter wiping it down for the day, there was a surprise that literally came knocking at the door. The first customer today - if he could be called that - happened to be Noctis, the long-leg he'd spent some time with, but hadn't seen for awhile for almost no reason at all. He was sure his ally had been busy with his own things, just as Dev had been busy manning the shop now that Sam was out of the picture.

The long-leg stepped up, prompting a nodding greeting from Devroux, but setting down some equipment on the counter that piqued some level of interest. The items that had been place in front of him were a simple cloth and an outdated hammer, but if Dev hadn't been a blacksmith of a decent level, they would have looked like nothing more than that. To the experienced eye, there was more to them than that.

The first item that mink picked up was the cloth, as that was outside his expertise and made him a little more curious than the other object. Bringing it close to his eye, Dev inspected the stitching, as if the item were as important as Noctis bringing it in suggested, that's where what made it special would lie. At first touch, however, the mink could notice a small difference in the fabric compared to normal cloth. Inspecting the stitching only solidified what he'd expected. It was different, but he wasn't as knowledgeable as he could be on the subject.

"So, tell me about this. It's... different, but I don't really know how. It feels different."

Moving on to the next object, Devroux picked up the hammer and twirled it around in his hands. The metal was old and unkempt, but he could take care of that with a little smith magic. Running his clawed fingers up the handle and over the bell, he figured out what made it different from a normal handle. The head of the hammer had a joint built into it that gave it some amount of give. It was interesting, as he hadn't thought of doing that himself. The only thing he couldn't understand was why someone would want to do something like that.

"I'm going to assume you brought this to me to dissect, yes?"

WC: 430
Haki Stamina: 10/10

Equipment:

3Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Empty Re: Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:24 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

Exchanges on Baltigo

Noctis grinned as Devroux's attention settled first on the Sovereign Cloth. "That, my friend, is repayment. I couldn't help but notice earlier how far along you were coming with your craft, so I figured I should put in the time to do the same." Even as the mink inspected the material, Noctis did his best to contain himself and keep things simple, rather than going into details that likely would be lost to everyone except himself.

"The short of it i, it's a cloth that's hard to destroy, whether it be through flames or firearms, that stuff can take it on. I won't bore you on how exactly it does what it does, but you can test it out for yourself. Just try and cut it, it won't be easy." Noctis tipped his chair to level it on the floor once again before leaning forward, "It's value should more than cover the cost of the window by a wide margin."

Moving on, Devroux got to what really peaked Noctis' interest the most, the old weapon he had taken with him, the same kind used by the hunters he found Three with. "Definitely. A group called 'The League' uses crazy weaponry just like that hammer, though not nearly as old and quite a bit more advanced. Weapons fully capable of transforming themselves in the middle of battle to suit their needs. Of the people I know and can trust, you're the only one that I'd imagine emulating it, improving it even."

Words: 414
Skills:
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Sovereign Cloth Wrap, Sovereign Cloth Cape, Vision Dial, 3x Pressure Vessel, Dullahan, 2x Breath Dials, Ancient Trick Weapon
Notes: 

4Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Empty Re: Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:07 am

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

"Well, let's take a look then," the mink stated, taking the hammer into the back of the shop with him. Devroux wouldn't say it explicitly, but the long-leg was allowed to follow him if he so chose. Not worried about his ally, the mink was fascinated with the idea of weaponry that could transform, or was otherwise more than what it seemed.

Setting the hammer down on the workbench, the mink moved around the room to gather some of the equipment he thought he'd need to truly inspect the item. When he retrieved what he wanted, he went back to the hammer and began picking away at the crusted debris the surrounded the head and the joint until he could see what he was really working with. When he'd cleared what he needed to, he was able to remove the plate that made up the face of the hammer head.

Within the head of the hammer, two devices were of importance. Primarily, the piece that gave the joint its give was built in a way that meant it wouldn't contract without a given amount of force. Meaning, whatever was intended to happen wouldn't happen unless enough power was put into striking. The second device of note wasn't really a device at all, but a metal plate with a black powder residue that could be seen on both the backside of the face plate and the plate that hid beneath it. The black residue was something he was familiar with, as it was the same residue that would appear on firearms when used, but the rest of the device was completely foreign.

Calling out to Noctis, Dev began to talk about his findings with obvious interest in his tone. "The hammer and the jointed face plate are obvious. They work similarly to the hammer of a gun, but on a large, more blunt scale. The residue here is black powder, which is what makes bullets fire. I don't know what this is though..." Removing the metal plate from inside the hammer head, Dev gave it to Noctis to inspect himself.

WC:

Equipment:

5Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Empty Re: Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:15 am

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

Exchanges on Baltigo

Waiting patiently for Devroux to take a look at the weapon, Noctis couldn't help but wonder why exactly such weapons were being distributed here. As far as he was aware, there wasn't any major conflict that required it, but knowing the black market, anything was possible. That, and the words 'high count' were still shrouded in mystery. As his mink companion finished up, Noctis was called in to take a gander. Eager and curious, the longleg stood up and made a quick stride into the back of the shop, leaning down to get a closer look at the hammer.

With the weapon cleared of age and grime, it was now much easier to recognize the mechanisms and their purpose, even if it seemed initially inefficient and foreign. As Devroux explained, it held many of the same functions as a gun, and confirmed as much with the presence of black powder on the metal plate itself. Removing the plate, the mink handed it to Noctis, unsure of it's purpose. Rubbing his fingers over it, it was clear that even despite it's age, it had been thoroughly abused, numerous dents and grooves littering the surface underneath the residue.

Taking into consideration the weapon's overall design, Noctis began to piece together what this could mean. "Earlier you said it was like the hammer of a gun, right? I'm no weapon's expert, but I'd be inclined to agree. But, given it's form, I can't help but think it worked more like a mine than a firearm..." Noctis pointed at the wear on the plate underneath the gunpowder coat, "See here, you mentioned the hammer of a gun- Something must have been striking against this plate in order to detonate the powder."

Quickly drawing a parallel, Noctis reached his freehand back into his pocket, eventually pulling out the Ignition Stone he had made and been using as a sort of flint to start fires. Gingerly but quickly running the stone against the metal plate, a shower of sparks followed into the air before settling onto the floor and fading away, confirming the longleg's suspicions. "By striking the plate with a compatible material, the resulting sparks would have been more than sufficient to cause a detonation. To what end, I can't say. I don't imagine it was ever used more than once at a time, though."

Setting the plate back down, Noctis returned the stone back to his pocket and looked to Devroux for more potential insight into the overall purpose of the weapon, and more importantly, if it could be recreated somehow.

Words: 793
Skills:
Notes: 

6Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Empty Re: Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:26 pm

Devroux

Admin

Devroux

Dev handed the plate over the Noctis and watched the long-leg tinker with the device. The object was completely unfamiliar to the blacksmith, but as it was described to him as a mine, things began to make a little more sense. After watching his ally create a shower of sparks, the mink leaned himself back against the nearest wall and pondered over the weapon that had been brought to him.

As a blacksmith, he'd created and designed many different weapons. Swords and armors, yes, but certain firearms as well. Even the revolver on his hip that he carried around daily had been forged by his own hands, but they'd each offered their own learning curve to create. All of them, however, similarly had a hammer that allowed the weapon to fire. Things were a little different in the case of the hammer, but the function of a mine was something that everyone knew about. Pressure applied to the face plate would create an explosion, similar to the hammer of a gun colliding with a bullet's primer.

"It's... wholly inefficient," the mink began, finally putting his thoughts into words. "When you fire a gun, the primer of a bullet is struck, lighting the black powder in the casing and firing the bullet. A mine, as everyone knows, explodes when pressure is added. They're using the hammer to apply pressure, striking a mine like a firearm strikes its primer. But with only one shot... That seems... stupid."

Devroux had come to love his job as a blacksmith. Working and creating things for people was only a means of amassing currency, but the labor of creation was something he was rather fond of. It was all in his hands while he was working, so he knew he could trust the product. Yet, everything was designed to be as efficient as possible. Lives were at stake. This weapon... It was an affront to smithing. It was almost disgusting to look at. But even in his disgust, a sense of interest scratch at the mink from within.

WC: 350

Equipment:

7Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Empty Re: Exchanges on Baltigo [T] Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:59 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

Exchanges on Baltigo

Noticing the perturbation on the mink's face was easy enough, as Noctis nodded along. "Clearly. Whatever this weapon was in it's time, it's little more than a proof of concept now. Still..." the longleg trailed off, staring at the weapon and the potential it offered. "I can't help but wonder if it'd be possible to not just replicate or emulate the design, but improve on it. A one-time use explosive hammer is absurd and unwieldy, yes. But, if there were such a way to supply it with more 'ammo' like a rifle, I could imagine it would bring more than a little havoc into battle."

Noctis was confident in Devroux's abilities as a smith, and could tell that the mink was just as intrigued as he was, even through the disgust and anger. Adding a new form of versatile weaponry to their repertoire was more than just attractive conceptually. Perhaps all Devroux needed was a push in that direction, an excuse to bring forward.

"Of course, such a feat would be astonishingly difficult and require a smith of great talent and skill. Not only that, but your run of the mill metals and materials probably won't cut it for such a weapon."  

Noctis smirked at his transparent, borderline ironic goading, as he folded his arms smugly.

Words: 280
Skills:
Notes: 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum