Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
Puru Puru Puru [T] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
Puru Puru Puru [T] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
Puru Puru Puru [T] EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
Puru Puru Puru [T] EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
Puru Puru Puru [T] EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
Puru Puru Puru [T] EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
Puru Puru Puru [T] EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
Puru Puru Puru [T] EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
Puru Puru Puru [T] EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Puru Puru Puru [T] Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:03 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"Yo, Sofs." Anna Blue mentioned, as she laid on the groud inside of Sofia's head, watching television.

Puru Puru Puru [T] C9a1742225972640bd3565477ba12842

"What is it?" she asked, as she was inside of her room at an inn, trimming her toenails.

"You know what would be real dapper? Real rich?" the navigator asked with more obscure slang than the noble was familiar with.

"No?"

"You've seen these guys on the telly, with those long sniper guns? What if we had a bunch of those ourselves, eh? Could be great!" the little one explained. "How about it?"

"Yeah, but how would we get them?"

"We can call up that winged pal of yours, uh... Mashyuu Ishi! Yes! That was his name. Dark hair, wings, smiths real good, yeah? I'm sure he could figure something out. You got his number, right?"

Sofia nodded. "I guess I could try..."

"Yeah, yeah!" Anna Blue added. "Ooouh, I can't wait! Just imagine it, having a sniper rifle, dohoho! Oh. Also, idea: we could upgrade these dingy trash poppers we've got here into them, could cut the costs a bit, I know how you are about dosh."

"Anna, when did you learn this... Odd language?"

"What?" the loli chuckled and shrugged. "The Baltigo lingo is getting to me - it's real catchy!"

"Yeah, I suspected something like that..." Sofia replied, and finished clipping her nails, and tidied it all up. "Anyways, I'm going to call him now. Hush."

She then got her Den Den Mushi and called Mashyuu Ishi...

"Hello?" She would mention once a connection would be made. "It's me, Sofia! How are you, doing well? I was wondering if I could commission you for something, an upgrade to a number of guns I've got here..."

2Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560
Hover over the image below!

THREAD INFORMATION

Observation Haki: 10/10
Armament Haki: 10/10
Plotter Link:(Click the black space)Plot Info
Skills:(Click the black space)Skill Set
WC Requirement: 00,000
Doriki: 25 to Endurance/Durability

Mashyuu sat down in the forge of his ship at the bottom level. In one hand was a sword that was dulled and almost completely harmless. In the other a wet stone to sharpen the blade. A steady rhythm guided his arm holding the stone that slid along the steel of his dulled sword, slowly sharpening the blade with careful swipes. Each movement held a practiced motion that sent sparks jumping off the steel of the blade as the Blacksmith kept a careful hold of the blade to sharpen it at the correct angel so that the edge wouldn't be extremely noticeable and razor sharp.

Just as he was starting to finish the work, the den den on his desk started to ring. He didn't even bother to look at it but held his sword aloft with magnetic power and picked the den den up. "Ello?...Umm. Yeah, I'm well... Wait. Who is this? Oh Sofia! Yeah, I think I can manage that. I haven't had much practice with guns so it should make a fine challange. Just swing over and give me the details when you arrive. I'm in Nill District working on some issues the place is having but need a break. This should prove to be just what I need. Okay see you soon." Mashyuu hung up the den den and racked the sword up on his wall then headed out to the main deck of the ship to wait for Sofia to arrive.

©️ Coding done by Hero Yamamoto

3Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:28 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"Awesome!" Sofia replied. "I'll be right there then..."

She then went to her ship and had her navigator chart out a quick route from where they were the Nil District's waters, to then have the ship start to go around the island of Baltigo and reaching the same port his boat as, and coincidentally parked nearby Mashyuu's own vessel.

As the boat did its travel, with Anna Blue as helmsman; Sofia was in the lower quarters, looking for a good bottle of wine to gift him for his troubles, eventually finding on of the bottles of the famed Lavender wine that she had gotten from Drum, and she took it with her.

Then, a pair of her grunts were sent off to find the ship - which they did, very quickly - and once they did, Sofia and a pair of grunts holding a crate with raw material (mostly refined ores but a lot of spare scrap metals in case he would need some of that as well), and other pair with a crate with her stash of normal rifles, went over to his ship. Once they were on one of the sides of the deck by having Sofia grab them and leap up to the ship, they didn't go further as to not intrude too hard, but they rested the boxes on the floor there.

"Mashyuu!" the noble would greet, looking for the man with a casual tone in her voice, looking around for him. "It's me, Sofia."

4Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

As Sofia boarded the ship, all the grunts that had joined up with Mashyuu after Sofia and the Phantom Raiders had parted ways glared at the woman and started to draw weapons even while she called out Mashyuu's name. "HEY  WHAT ARE YOU GUY'S DOING? We don't draw weapon's on allies of the Phantom Raiders!" Sky shouted from behind the wheel of the ship where she was looking at a map of Nill District. Jarrett, the self appointed leader of the grunts looked at Sofia carefully and started to chuckle. "Oi! That's Lady Sofia, she was the one Mashyuu was cutting through pirates and Revolutionaries to get to the marines!" He called out upon recognizing the young woman. He placed his sword back into it's scabbard and walked up to the beautiful woman. "Hi hi! I'm Jarrett, Mashyuu...er! Captain Mashyuu is below deck in the forge. What ya got there? Need help getting it to him? Can I get you something to drink?" He stammered while trying to hide the blush on his face, clearly harboring a bit of a crush on the woman.

At the same time, Mashyuu was making his way up to the main deck of the Skycleaver and pushed the trap door open while Jarrett was berating Sofia with questions. He pulled himself up to the top of the deck and wandered over to Sofia, still dressed in his normal attire of a simple black suit with white button down shirt and red sunglasses. He ran a hand through his shaggy black hair and pulled Sofia into a big hug. "It's good to see you again. So, you need help making scopes for rifles? Sniping seems hard, why don't you start by showing me what I have to work with, and how many guns you want outfitted. As always, since you're a friend, if you supply the materials I'll make the items free of charge. This is new for me though so it might take some time. I've never.... Is that a bottle of wine?" Mashyuu asked while getting distracted and pointing to the bottle, almost not even noticing Sofia's new little groupies.

5Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:34 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"Ah, it's OK..." Sofia replied to the eager man with a dismissive chuckle and hand wave. "I appreciate it though."

"Yes! It's Lavender wine, from Drum." she mentioned to the captain once Mashyuu got into view and talk to her, as she lifted the bottle slightly to show it, as she hugged him too. "For you, for your troubles. I got the guns and the material here - and, they wouldn't have scopes, no need to worry about that. It's complicated, but-"

"Because I will be aiming them all!" Anna Blue butted in, arriving at the ship as well, and putting a hand on her chest with pride. Then, she pulled up her Clima-Tact from her belt and she made a wall of wind in front of her. "Anything that goes through this wall is aimed by me. We just need the firepower in these guns to make them hit real hard, after that, it's all up to me to navigate these bullets, hoho!"

"Well, yes. That." Sofia chuckled softly. "We just need the sniper guns - powerful, calibrated and long-ranged. But we can skip the scope part, because it's not going to be the actual shooters who will be aiming them anyways, the intent is for it to be used for this teamwork technique."

"Anyways." the noble then stated, and pulled open the crates. "In here are the ores... And in this other one, I've got these rifles. So, most of the complex machinery is already done, we just need to get these upgraded."

OOC:

6Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:29 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

Mashyuu examined the bottle with a keen eye and snapped his fingers to call Jarrett to his side. "Jarrett, take this bottle to the captain's quarters while I take a look at the goods please. Make sure to keep it on ice." The Captain ordered and Jarrett carefully took the bottle. "You shouldn't have Sofia, working with some guns will be a nice change of pace compared to all the swords I've been making as of late." Mashyuu assured the young woman but gave her short friend a strange look from behind his red tinted glasses. "Interesting friend you picked up there. Can she fire off the rifles with wind too?" Mashyuu asked while making his way over to the crates to look into what it was that Sofia had brought to him exactly. "So, it looks like you just need the rifles calibrated from mid range weapons to long range ones. Still it might be a good idea to work on some scopes anyway just in case. Don't want to put all your eggs in one basket." Mashyuu mused while glancing down at the guns.

"Alright, lets get these down into the forge. You four, help get em down!" Mashyuu shouted while pointing to four men and then the crates. A few moments passed before the men got to work on moving the crates and Mashyuu stood at Sofia's side while he watched his men work. "So of all the places you could go after Jordsand, why Baltigo? Are you staying in Nill District because if so, you might want to find a different port. It won't be safe here much longer." Mashyuu stated proudly. "Big changes are coming, good changes but big ones." He assured her by patting Sofia on her back and taking a few steps forward then stopped. "You look good Sofia, feel free to hang out on deck, I'll be happy to have my crew keep you company." Mashyuu offered then made his way down to the forge to get to work.

The dark haired man pulled his suit jacket off and tossed it aside, then pulled his white button down off and threw a brown leather apron on over his torso. His wings spread wide so he could tie the apron around his back then folded in on the back of his body. Next he sat down at his work bench and pulled a rifle up to rest on the table and started to examine it. "Alright, let see.... Barrel needs to be extended. The frame though... it doesn't support a simple barrel extension. I'll have to replace the entire thing from the action up. It will need a new casing and grip on the barrel to hold it too. I might as well try and add as many scopes to these as I can. At least put some mounts on the rifles..." He started to mutter while grabbing a piece of paper and pencil to start jotting notes down about the rifle. After jotting down a few notes he sighed and lifted the weapon again, twisting it in his hands to give the craftsmenship a look over. His face twisted into a frown at the sight of the weapon and the feel of it. "Kinda shoddy work too. I'll have to tune each rifle up, make sure the insides are up to par. I'm no expert but I bet I can make these work a little better at the least."

Mashyuu pointed his finger at the rifle while he placed it on the table and held it firmly. The Skypiean blacksmith twisted his index finger once and the guns screws started to twist and pop out of the weapon until they were floating about six inches away from the rifle. While holding the screws mid air, Mashyuu used his free hand to take the rifle apart slowly, removing the barrel from the slide, stock and action of the weapon. Gently he set each piece of the weapon aside, Mashyuu examined the inner workings of the barrel and how it connected to the rest of the rifle, how long and wide the barrel was and tested its weight to compare to the rest of the weapon to make sure that when he finished working it would be properly balanced. Mashyuu tightened a small pin in the trigger to hold the device in place a little better, polished and oiled the action and stock then pushed himself away from the table and headed to the crate of ores that Sofia had brought along to help pay for the cost of the guns. "Lets see, those are common grade rifles you could find at any basic weapons shop. It's not gonna be hard to make these better. But the metal... it's iron at best. Steel would make a better base for a barrel. Issue is making sure that everything fits." Mashyuu muttered to himself while rummaging through the ores to pull a few items out and set them aside.

Slowly Mashyuu started to stoke the fires of his forge, the blue flames roared to life, the magic of the Skypiean forge keeping the metal around the flames cool to the touch. In his blue eyes, the fire danced while he tried to keep himself from grinning ear to ear at the sight of the fire. There was something about working with metal that spoke to the old soul in Mashyuu. In fact he contributed that to a sort of destiny when he coupled it with the fact that he had been blessed with the Jishaku No Mi. The young man took a few moments to let his body relax then set out measure the barrel of the gun carefully. To do that he created a mold out of clay, surrounding the barrel of the riffle in clay and leaving the back end of the barrel out about four inches. Then he repeated the process twice until he had a mold that was eight inches longer than the original barrel. Carefully Mashyuu withdrew the barrel from the mold and boxed the clay in with wood to support it and cut a hole in the center of the wood where the super heated steel would need to be poured into the mold. Mashyuu repeated the action until he had created a mold for every rifle in Sofia's stockpile.

Once the ores were heated to the point of being red hot, Mashyuu pulled the ores out of the furnace and placed a large funneled cup made of thick steel. Using his magnetic power, Mashyuu pulled at the ores of metal, thinning them out so they melted faster. The two ores melted into the large cup and Mashyuu pulled the cup out of the fires and started to mix the fluids with a thick shafted spoon and replaced the cup for a few more moments. Once he was done heating the ore he poured the liquid slowly into one of the molds he created. As the first mold started to set and cool, Mashyuu grabbed an armful of ores and began to mix more of them together slowly and carefully. Each time one of the cups of ore was melted and mixed correctly, Mashyuu poured the contents into the molds one at a time and waited for the liquid steel to cool and solidify properly. Once each of the molds were solidified Mashyuu took a soft mallet hammer and a chisel and begain to chip away at the clay until it fell apart leaving only a wooden box and a steel rod that would eventually make up the barrel of each rifle.

The process of creating the molds for the barrels and mixing the ore alone took the better part of a day and the night soon found Mashyuu sleeping hunched over his desk. The morning came and brought Mashyuu to a startling awoken state. He wandered out of the forge and made his way up towards the mess hall for an early breakfast. Two of the women who had joined up with the others led by Jarrett were cooking for the crew, while not expert cooks they could whip up meals that filled bellies and energized bodies. Swiftly, Mashyuu sat at a bench and started to pile up pancakes, eggs, bacon and biscuits on a plate then poured syrup on the stack and devoured the meal almost without chewing. He knew he had a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to get it done. With a hurry, Mashyuu raced to the top deck of the Skycleaver and drew deep breaths of fresh air while wearing a smile on his face. "Okay, a thirty by thirty should be good for the caliber and bore." Mashyuu whispered under his breath.

Returning to the forge, Mashyuu took a compass and piece of charcoal and measured out the diameter of the steel rods Mashyuu was going to use as the barrel of the rifles. Marking where to stop his drilling, Mashyuu held the first barrel in place with his magnetic power and raised a small drill and started to crank it into the metal to dig a hole out of the barrel. The bit of the drill longer than Mashyuu's arm, it took a very steady set of hands and some magnetic guiding to create a straight hole through the steel. Beads of sweat started to roll down Mashyuu's head and neck, dripping into his dirty clothes as he worked the drill through each rod of steel. He took deep, heavy breaths of air as the final rod was drilled through and the excess metal fell away to the floor. Mashyuu fell back and landed with a thud on his rear, drawing deep breaths of air while wiping the sweat from his face. The pirate waved his finger at a tin cup filled with water and brought it over to him. "Alright... I need to set a thread before I do the bore, that way I can screw the barrel into place on the rifles either way. This is gonna take all day and night."

Mashyuu stood and waved his hand across the empty space of air before him like a pianist warming up before playing a beautiful song. The man walked the barrels to the work bench and leaned each barrel against the wall and clamped one to the mounted clamp, with one end facing up towards the ceiling. He started to measure the threads of the rifle compared to the size of barrels and took a few notes. He followed up by going over a small shelf and pulled up a few hex screws and started to test them until he knew what the proper thread he needed was and picked up a matching die set. Mashyuu screwed a small screw into the die, spreading the metal a quarter of an inch so the die would fit on the barrel. Carefully Mashyuu placed the die atop the barrel and grabbed the handles. Using his magnetic power he kept the die straight and steady as he turned it a quarter of a rotation and heard a small crack, then twisted backwards until he heard a snap. The sound brought a smile to his face and he continued the twist down, watching as flecks of metal started to fall. Each time he heard a crack he reversed the spin of the die until the snap sound returned, then continued to draw down on the barrel. The work was long and tedious, there was no special trick to the skill, aside from using a compound to make the process easier, but he didn't have any for it since he hadn't had the need to work on rifles until recently. Sadly this meant harder work for the Captain of the Skycleaver.

As he finished the final barrel's threading, Mashyuu staggered back as if he had been punched in the face by someone holding a brick. He rubbed at his shoulders and biceps, the muscles in them feeling terribly sore and swollen. The Captain groaned with the pain and shuddered while leaving the work behind to break for dinner. Sitting in a chair in the mess hall, slowly eating so he could catch his breath and refocus his mind, Mashyuu didn't notice Jarrett slip into the seat next to him. "So... How is the rifle work going?" Jarrett asked while looking at the way Mashyuu was eating. "I need to add the boring to the barrels still... then secure everything and make sure the recoil is good and easy on the shoulder." Jarrett lifted a brow while tilting his head. "The what?" the sandy haired man asked Mashyuu. The Captain sighed and lifted a metal fork. Exerting his magnetic powers on it he twisted the thing to be a hollow corkscrew. Then he put his fingertip at the edge of the hollow metal. "So the barrel is what gives a gun its range... Normally it flies straight and will eventually drop off over a distance. The boring is like a corkscrew inside the barrel of long ranged weapons. It helps compensate for drop off by giving the bullet a spin, helping it penetrate better, and fly straight for a longer distance. It's going to take a lot of time to do. If I have to keep doing these sorts of jobs I'm gonna need an assistant. I can't believe I'm even considering it since it wasn't long ago I was an assistant."

Deciding to take a longer break to clear his mind, knowing he would have to work long hours again the next day, Mashyuu took a shower and headed to the Captains Quarters. Locking the door behind him, Mashyuu laid in his hammock and turned on a small device for listening to music. From the head phones in his ears, music blared, his arms swung as if he were hitting drums to the beat of the song and a strange peace filled his mind and heart. Eventually sleep took him and the man awoke on the third day feeling rested, ready for the last of the work and cracked his neck as he rose up. Quickly Mashyuu got dressed and headed back down into the forge, a power bar in his mouth, quickly being chewed and swallowed while he stoked the flames of the forge simply because he was used to the heat.

Mashyuu picked up a large drill bit that was roughly the size of the rifle barrel's inside. He took a chisel and hammer and flattened one end of the drill into a curved scoop. he didn't have a proper tool to create a boring considering Mashyuu rarely worked on guns let alone any sort of rifle. (Upon realizing this he decided to pick the proper tools up before someone else could ask him to work on a gun like this. Carefully he placed the drill bit into one of the barrels and started to twist slowly, wincing as he felt the bit start to scoop quarter centimeters of metal out of the barrel. Once he completed the drilling, Mashyuu cleaned the barrel out with a thin sponge that was wet then dried it with absorbent cloth. He followed this up by coating the drill bit in an oil and screwed the barrel onto one of the rifles. To finish, he took a small brand and heated it up then pressed it to the wooden butt of the gun, branding it with his trademark angel wings. Carefully he made sure the gun was assembled correctly and took three rounds with him up to the main deck of the ship. "HARLEY! HARLEY I NEED YOUR HELP!" Mashyuu called out while loading the rifle with a single round.

Slowly Harley walked up to Mashyuu, already not liking seeing the gun in hand. Mashyuu simply smiled at Harley and handed her the rifle. "You have the best aim in the crew next to me and Elias. I need you to shoot this in my general direction, in fact I need you to shoot it over my shoulder and past my head. Or at least around my arm." Mashyuu stated as if he had nothing but trust in Harley. The young woman simply blinked with confusion for a long moment. "I'm sorry... it sounds like you want me to shoot you with a gun." Mashyuu started to chuckle and shook his head. "AHHHAHAHAHAHA! No no! I want you to shoot near me. I need to test the range and drop off of the weapon." Mashyuu explained then flew out ninety meters, not giving Harley much of a choice. Harley drew a deep breath and took aim as Mashyuu put himself into a bobbing hover far away from any ships and activated his magnetic powers to push metal away from his body in a very small area just in case Harley missed and hit him or the drop off was more than he expected. The first shot rang out, whipped past Mashyuu's fingertips as he had his arms stretched out and continued to sail beyond him. A grin spread over his face and he flew back to one hundred meters and started to hover again. Another shot rang out and fell under his hand, a frown formed on his lips but he shrugged. A completely accurate shot at ninety meters and drop off near one hundred but it still had the range needed. It wasn't what he wanted but better than expected.

Mashyuu returned to Harley and took the rifle, flicking the safety on. "How was the kick back? Put a lot of strain on you or your aim?" The Blacksmith asked. "I almost didn't notice it. The butt of the gun absorbs well and the trigger is tight enough that I had to squeeze for a bit before it fired, giving me plenty of time to really aim." Harley praised honestly. Mashyuu winked at Harley and started to make his way back into the lower deck of the ship. "Thanks Harley, I think this will be a good basis
for my first supply of rifles."
Mashyuu returned to the forge and finished boring the barrels and assembled the guns, finishing near sun set. He called Sophia on the den den. "Sophia, it's Mashyuu. The rifles are ready so whenever you want to pick them up we are good to go."

When Sophia arrived, Mashyuu handed her a rifle and one round then picked one up himself. "Okay so I did some minor tune ups to each gun. your units are going to need to apply a bit more pressure to the trigger when firing, however it should allow them to recover from the recoil a bit better and give the guns less of a chance to jam. On that note I've extended the barrels to shoot a little further, added boring to them so that the rounds spin and penetrate. You have perfect accuracy with the rifle, not the marksman, out to ninety meters, after that there is a drop off so you will need to compensate for that. I want to make scopes but honestly I need more practice and I didn't have the tools for proper boring and that is likely why you have drop off with these. However considering I've never crafted this sort of gun before I think this is a success. Seeing as you're a friend I won't charge for this. However the next time I'll have to charge. This took a long time to do. You give me half the left over ores you brought and we will call this a solid trade."

7Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"Mostly just to fill in my Log Pose to be honest." she admitted. "I want to get all of the islands of Paradise on it and this seemed like a good stop."

"And I'll be leaving soon so no problem." she said with a chuckle. "My Log Pose should be ready to go by now, such a great coincidence that you were here before then, heh. Destiny perhaps?"

"And, alright. I'll let you to your work." she added later at the end.

She then spent the time there lounging with the rest of the crew board the ship on the upper deck, talking about their travels and how Baltigo has been, nothing too in-depth or serious and mostly just casual small talk, but none the less entertaining and enough to pass time.

Once he was done, she gave him a strong and enthusiastic handshake in gratitude. "Oh, thank you so much Mashyuu Ishi! You have no idea how long I have been waiting to get these upgraded! It's such a relief that you have managed to really make them good. And, got it. I'll be sure to take those details into account."

She then got a small notepad from her purse and quickly noted down all of the numbers and information that the smith had given her.

"And, got it! Thank you so much Mashyuu again, I appreciate it a lot! Now, I should be going, but let's keep in touch, yes? I've got your contact if anything, and you've got mine! See you soon!"

She would then help her crew off the ship along her goods and go back to their own ship nearby, and sail off...

[Exit]

8Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

One roar of the lion silences the bleating of a thousand sheep; this fact was witnessed again after a big-shot fought a few thousand grunts and brought them all down without breaking into a sweat. Our main character sadly wasn't present to witness this going down, but he came by when most of the grunts were retreating. What was once is no longer were, the lives of countless had perished into the abstract void. Now Spook wasn't a corpse snatcher, but he came to see what seemed to defeat countless amounts of grunts. These people all had similar injuries, a fatal blow to the head--most were claimed by large area of effect attacks, and some were individually struck down by the big shot. Nobody cared for these men; save for Spook--who spent all evening collecting all the weapons of these grunts. After having worked intensely for hours, a large pile of weapon was eventually made.

A large duffel bag was required to store all of these weapons, and small bits of armour. Spook safely sat on the pile of discarded weapons of war, and begun drawing what looked like a bascinet on a piece of paper. The design of the helmet was quite bizarre, and rather unique, its purpose was primarily to protect the identity of its user.

An interesting rumor was passed by the bars of Baltigo; Spooks resting place for the night -- the rumor was that there's a certain ship at bay with a known blacksmith. After obtaining the exact details of this ship, Spook headed there first thing. With his duffel bag full of half broken weapons he showed up at the mentioned ship.

Hello? Is this the ship of the blacksmith? I have a request for a helm.

The male voice spoke out to whatever silhouette would make itself visible across the ship.

ref: https://strawhats.rpg-board.net/t2996-basket-of-sun

Last edited by Spook on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

Barely a night had gone by since Sofia left Mashyuu alone after his long ordeal of crafting and modifying rifles. While the job was simple enough in theory, he hadn't worked on enough firearms for the job to be a quick one. His hands were cramped, arms sore and mind weary. So much so that he had spent the evening drinking the bottle of wine Sofia had given to him as a way to say thanks. When the sun rose and a voice called out to the members of the Phantom Raiders and the Sky Cleaver in particular, Mashyuu's eyes opened and he looked up at the sky from his prone sleep. Lazily he reached around the pocket of his black jacket and withdrew the red sunglasses from the breast pocket and placed them over his eyes as he sat up. Slowly he pulled himself to his feet and ran his fingers through his already messy hair then headed towards the edge of the ship that faced the dock. He peered out over the side of the Skycleaver to see who was shouting at him then looked at the large bag in the mans hand. "....Yeah, there's a blacksmith on this ship.... You want me to get him, then you gotta empty that bag first. Can't have any explosives here ya know!" Mashyuu could have used his observation mantra to see if the man had a harmful intent but didn't want to try to use it with a hangover.

Eventually Mashyuu spread his white wings and shook them out, a few stray feathers falling and drifting in the wind. He jumped and flew down to the mans side and extended his hand. "Hi there, Mashyuu Ishi, Captain of the Skycleaver and blacksmith for hire... Sorry about the appearance. I took a night to drink, but assure you that I can craft whatever you want given enough time and energy. So, what is this about a helmet?" Mashyuu asked looking to see if the man had a helm in the bag of weapons. "Please tell me you have a design in mind or a simple helm you want modified..." His blue hued eyes glanced back to the man then to the guns, he wasn't sure how much more he could take when it came to fire arms at the moment.

10Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

A voice responded from the ship to his inquiry. The voice wanted him to empty his bag before proceeding, which was pretty reasonable he thought.

Sure thing.

It was difficult for Spook to just empty it, since it took quite some time to gather all of the things--but sadly, it will be required to continue on, he thought. So that's what he did, he emptied the rather large bag onto the ground for the voice to see. Among the items were three longswords, a scimitar, two shields, five maces, six chainmails, and a European Great Helm.

This is all there is.

By showing the empty bag at last, Spook had proven the contents of the bag to be not explosive. He began picking up the items and putting them back into the bag, before starting to head onto the ship. The same voice appeared in front of Spook, stopping him from trying to board the ship. Wings he used, how exotic.

Believe me, I know all there is when it concerns drinking and doing work.

My name is Gojira, it's nice to meet you.

He shook the hand of Captain Skycleaver and returned the gesture by doing so. Spook lowered his bag onto the floor again, and took out the European Great Helm. It was heavily damaged, and needed repairing--perhaps a proper reforge? Spook wasn't the blacksmith so he couldn't really tell.

Can you reforge, or repair this helmet? It's very damaged and pretty poor in quality. I have a bag full of weapons and armor you could use to reforge this helmet with. Anything left over is yours to have.

Spook put the helm back into the bag and handed it over, along with a picture he had drawn of the desired outcome.

He wasn't sure what was going to happen exactly, but whatever the outcome he'd propose that he'd come back when it was done.

When do you think you'll be done?

11Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:17 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

Ice blue eyes narrowed at the man then the helmet along with the bag that he held filled with weapons and armors. "Gojira, nice to meet you. Well lets see...." Without a word Mashyuu pointed his finger out to the helmet that Gojira held and floated it over to rest in the Pirate Captain's grasp. Mashyuu tilted the helmet around in his grasp and examined it. "This is crap... It won't even really fit on your head in this condition. It was made for someone smaller than you. Come on I need to measure out your shoulders, neck and head size." Mashyuu explained and yanked his fist back towards his hip, causing the metal gang plank of the Skycleaver to extend and rest on the dock softly. Slowly Mashyuu started to walk up the gangplank while the others in the crew started to stir and pull themselves off their backs. As each one stood they smoothed out their faces with their hands then did the same to their clothes and scampered off to get ready for the day.

Mashyuu led Gojira across the main deck of his ship and to a trap door. Quickly he yanked it open and dropped down, landing on the second deck where the crew slept and Harley worked. Walking the man down a long hall he opened one last trap door and went to the third floor of the ship. Leading Gojira to a tall door Mashyuu pushed the wooden door open and ushered Gojira inside. The forge was already on, heat contained in the ice blue metal forge taken from Skypiea. The walls lined with works Mashyuu had made and never given to anyone, along with barrels of ores and materials for working. He gestured to a work bench with a chair sitting in front of it near the door. "Have a seat and sit up straight please." Mashyuu ordered while grabbing a tape measure and a pad of paper along with a pen. Mashyuu first measured Gojira from shoulder to shoulder, then how thick each shoulder was. After that he measured the size of his neck and length of it. "You realize that you won't be able to turn your neck with this thing on right? It's gonna limit your range of vision." Mashyuu chimed in while measuring his new customers head.

Jotting the numbers down, Mashyuu slapped his book on the table and clapped his hands. "Well you brought more than enough materials for me to work with. I can have this done in a few hours, unless there is something about the helmet you want done that you're not telling me? I'm not going to use this hunk of junk though. I'm gonna use a better ore. I'll have to make a mold at the least. Do you want to wait for it or come back?"

12Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Spook

Pirate
Pirate

Spook

SPOOK.

The blacksmith immediately began flinging derogatory comments towards the steel and metal that Spook had brought -- which he thought was fair. In a situation where he has a fictional car, he'd trust a mechanic faster who immediately pointed out the obvious things, even if they weren't obvious for Spook. Due to the blacksmiths natural cynicism Spook was sold.

Hmm, alright -- you're the chef ~

He did hope it wouldn't turn into a conflict like the time at the tailored suits place, when the tailor brushed Spooks crown jewels with his hand one too many times for it to be normal. That one vein started appearing on his forehead, recanting the memory of the tailerstore, while he moved onwards and followed the smith into his ship. The ship had a hint of extravagant; a reflection of its captain perhaps. This place seemed to be a paradise within its own right.

Ah, right

Spook replied, sitting down on the designated chair. His back fully straightened, the head of the tall male is quite difficult to reach due to his length.

Mmm, right, and I've thought about that right, is it possible to make the bottom rounded, allowing for me to easily turn my head?

While his head was getting measured, Spook tried to relax.

Certainly, I'll be back in a few hours then--thanks again for doing this.

Spook got up, and left the ship and headed back into Baltigo with a few hours to kill before coming back. He decided to have a few drinks, and then a few drinks too many.

A drunk Spook returned, with his glass swaying in his hand, he shouted at the ship, walking all loopy like. With one arm raised into the air, his shouting started to form rhythm, he was singing a club song still.

TONIGHTS GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT YEAHHH

Some drunken patrons had followed Spook, and they all did a little jig. Spook carried a cooked turkey on his back.

13Puru Puru Puru [T] Empty Re: Puru Puru Puru [T] Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:19 pm

Batman4560

Batman4560

THREAD INFORMATION

As Spook left the ship, Mashyuu placed his notes down and lifted the helmet again. His head tilted to examine the metal basket helm and a soft chuckle slipped past his lips. "Hehehehe I could just seal the hole up and polish this thing. But my pride wouldn't let me sell it to that guy." Mashyuu mused and placed the helmet down on his workbench. Slowly he wandered around his forge and started to gather materials. The helmet wasn't something Mashyuu wanted to mess up. One good strike could spell doom if not created properly. Mashyuu grasped up a few bars of steel left over from Sofia and tossed them in the smelter then picked up a rounded hammer and rested it on his anvil. He collected eighty grit sand paper and a sanding wheel along with some rivets and a few thin strips of steel. Setting them all aside but near the anvil Mashyuu cracked his neck and straped on the leather apron that hung on the door of his forge. "And now we begin."

Mashyuu used his magnetic powers to pull the super heated steel out of the furnace and began to hammer the steel bars one at a time, trading blows between the two against the anvil while using his devil fruit powers to stretch the metal and keep the bars straight. Each strike flattened the metal more until each bar was a large almost completely flat sheet of steel. Consulting his measurements Mashyuu jotted down notes on the steel plates and pushed down on the metal with one hand and drew a cut line with chalk using the other. Then he held both his hands down on one sheet of metal and used his devil fruit to bend and warp the steel around where he had drawn the lines until there were clean snaps and fragments of metal dropped from the anvil leaving two pieces of metal that were roughly football shaped. If Spook had asked for a helmet that wasn't the basic shape of a bucket the process would have been much longer and more tedious to complete but buckets were easy to craft.

Taking his time, Mashyuu used his anvil and hammered the two plates into half circles then folded one end on each side to make a top that would meet at the center of the helm. Each strike of the hammer made a rough looking L shape. Once that was done Mashyuu took his sand wheel and buffed the edges of the two halves until they were rounded and smooth. The man then used a piece of sandpaper to smooth out the two halves where he would weld so that the pieces would fit together perfectly. The man picked up a hand held blowtorch and pulled a protective face mask on over his eyes and lit the fire. It's blue heat licked at the metal that Mashyuu held together with his devil fruit, slowly rotating the helm until a weld line was visible along the helmet, sealing the two curved halves together.

Mashyuu took a break while the metal cooled, walking around to examine the helmet from each angle, sure to be safe and assume that he did a good job and everything was leveled out. Once the metal cooled, Mashyuu took his sand paper and started to buff out the seal marks on the inside and outside of the helmet until the helmet was one smooth piece of metal. A smile played across Mashyuu's lips as he put the thing on his head just to see how heavy it was. He turned his head left to right, seeing if the helm would move with him and realized it needed padding on the inside to connect with the back, sides, crown and fore sections of the head not to mention keep the helm from cutting fabric on the shoulders when turning the head. Still he couldn't see out of the helm and that needed to come next.

Looking back at his notes Mashyuu measured the size of where Spook's forehead would be and eyes, put two lines on the helm and took his steel punch to knock out four corners of the metal then looped a small but sharp metal wire through one of the holes and slowly started to thread the metal wire back and fourth while pulling on it to carve out a slit to see out of the helmet. Since that was the only spot on the helmet where an opening would be obvious, Mashyuu wrapped a band of steel around the helmet at that level and repeated to process of making a slit to see through. Following that Mashyuu placed one long piece of metal going up and down the front of the helmet and took four rivets and used his magnetic power to hold them in place, three at the bottom in a line, one on the forehead. He placed his fist to each rivet and pushed the metal into the helmet sealing the bar tight with the rivets and cut the gap where the vision slit. Again Mashyuu used sand paper to smooth out the vision slit and flopped down in his seat, tapping his head with his index finger while thinking. What sort of padding would be best to use for the helmet? Something tough but not something that would make the helmet hotter than it would already be.

Carefully Mashyuu stood and walked to Harley's office and slipped in while she was on the main deck of the ship. Mashyuu grabbed up some of her silk scarves that hung on on a small rack and vanished back to his forge before anyone could say anything to him. Upon returning to the forge, Mashyuu grabbed a bottle of adhesive and spread it over the metal in the helm. Carefully he cut the scarves and smoothed the fabric inside the helmet and let the adhesive dry. Once it was secure he repeated the process until there was soft padding in the helmet to help cushion blows. After he finished with that he glued a line of leather to the outer rim of the helmet to protect the wearer from cutting his own clothes and put the helmet on again. Carefully he turned his head from side to side, then moved around rapidly to make sure the fabrics would hold up. After a few minutes of testing Mashyuu took the helmet off and walked up to the main deck of the ship to wait for Spook.

A single hour passed before Spook returned to the ship, shouting a song with other drunks. Mashyuu shook his head as if he wasn't doing something similar that morning. Carefully he floated the helmet down to Spook and put it on the man's head with his magnetic powers. "The metals you brought to me will suffice as payment! Just tell your friends if they need any armors or weapons!" Mashyuu shouted and waved at Spook before vanishing out of sight to get some more rest and plan his next major move.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum