Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
The End Of A Tyrant  EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
The End Of A Tyrant  EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
The End Of A Tyrant  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
The End Of A Tyrant  EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
The End Of A Tyrant  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
The End Of A Tyrant  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
The End Of A Tyrant  EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
The End Of A Tyrant  EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
The End Of A Tyrant  EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The End Of A Tyrant  Empty The End Of A Tyrant Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:03 pm

Kaito

Supernova
Supernova

Kaito

"泥棒の間で栄誉"

It's the thrill in the end. In that moment when something stolen becomes mine or is it? That's the bliss I desire.

Sitting in Gilbard's doctor's office aboard the Pegasus, the ship currently in flight above the clouds secured the pick-up of the Bandit King from the auction where Ursa had nearly brought an end to his life. It'd been three days since then, Jackal had only managed to regain motion in his legs, after the swelling subsided. On the patient's table was none other than Bazil Styx's now confirmed corpse. With his Devil Fruit ability gone, his body has reverted from automatic weapon killing machine, to a red headed six footer, who'd been covered in various battle scars from his life long conflict.

"I warned him... Eventually his way of life would've brought an end to his lifeline." Jackal stated, breaking the silence of the crew in attendance.

"I'm sorry to say this Captain' but good riddings." Sinbad interjected.

"No matter what Sandy or Baltigo, he's always dragged you into situations that placed both your lives at danger." Sinbad stated.

"Shishishi... It's the fate of all pirates. Death or Behind Bars. Only the truly lucky ones get to see anything otherwise. That's why I prefer the title of a Bandit. It's like the difference between Destiny and Fate. Both words are synonymous with each other. However, it's the context they are used. Fate seems to be forced upon, and destiny's are are often chosen." Jackal elaborated. Only himself knew the meaning of that sentence, it might seem like gibberish to others but to him, he felt like it was fated for Bazil to die not learning his lessons from previous squabbles.

"Should we return his body to his crew?" Sinbad inquired.

"No. If I may interject at this point... This might sound crude... but I believe we should turn his body over for the bounty." Jackal stated with a neutral expression.

"Eh?" Sinbad inquired.

"My theory might be a bit long winded but at the end of it all... It'd be more advantageous to all parties present that we go with my idea... and I believe we should have one of the new recruits do it. Either Lucas or Spook." Jackal stated.

Words: 352
Tagged: @Justice @Spook
Notes: -

2The End Of A Tyrant  Empty Re: The End Of A Tyrant Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

Deilvery
Boy

The scene starts out by a rather large blonde haired individual laying in his room. The ship was large enough he could pretty much live on the ship with the other members. Which he didn't mind considering he didn't have much of a home to go to. Orphaned two times once by his own father and the other by the marines. He tried a third time making a family with a bunch of pirates. Lucas was laying in the bed looking at the ceiling wondering where to go in life. He wasn't too sure how things were going to pan out with the Calico pirates. Then again that was part of the fun not knowing where fate would take him. Thinking back on the jobs building up to the ball, bonds were being forged in the flame. There was a bit of commotion and loads of movement suddenly. The captain had been gone for a bit taking care of some business. It was time for him to come back. He was running a bit behind schedule.

This prompted Lucas to get out of bed and throw some clothes on. The day was rather slow moving so this was a nice change of pace. Leaving his room, Lucas made his way to the captain's office. One of the many grunts that sailed under Jackal's command was running past him. “Oi, capt'n in his office?” Lucas asked. The grunt looked up at his giant crewmate. “No blondie, Jackal is down in the infirmary with the doc.”

With a worried look on his face, Lucas yelled out, “Well let's go!”

They both headed to the infirmary which a group of folks was sitting outside the door. Lucas pushed his way through the crowded hallway before entering the infirmary. He pushed the door open with that same worried look plastered on his face. “Captain!” He stopped to notice that Jackal was completely fine. There was, however, a body laying on the table. A red-haired pirate with tattoos all over his body. He also had a hole through his chest. Pretty clear to see how he died. A bit embarrassed Lucas straightened up making a throat clearing sound. “Good to see you are alright. Also, who is the body?” He didn't catch the fact that Jackal had just mentioned his name. So it was just really good timing.

3The End Of A Tyrant  Empty Re: The End Of A Tyrant Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Kaito

Supernova
Supernova

Kaito

"泥棒の間で栄誉"

It's the thrill in the end. In that moment when something stolen becomes mine or is it? That's the bliss I desire.

Upon Lucas's arrival, the Captain began to reveal his reasons for wanting to turn in his deceased ally's body.

"Lucas. I'd like to ask you about your time on the ship but it seems you've arrived just in time." Jackal stated, pointing his finger towards the man deceased Red Head on the table.

"This man goes by the name of Bazil Warhead Styx. He is- was a former ally of our crew. However, his own recklessness and his crew's own has led our crew into many a battle that resulted in many lives being lost on our end." Jackal stated.

"In reality, our only option is to turn in his body to the marines. If give it back to his crew, there's a chance they'll want to either fight or join under our banner. I'm against either situation. Bazil's men are heartless murderers, and though, I am not a saint, I like to conduct my actions with way less attention than he liked to harbour. Also, I can't personally turn in the body myself due to the bounty on my head. The conclusion I've come to is, it's either you or Spook who turns in the body." Jackal stated.

"The attention that comes with that is simple. The World will see you as the man who took down Bazil Styx. You could even be offered a position on the Warlord's if you wish. However, I'm going to put my trust in either of you to bring back in the reward. The dialogue we want to paint is simple, a unknown Bounty Hunter emerges and crushes the Supernova Captain. I don't necessarily want the 'fame' that comes with turning in his body either. However, the money on his head could significantly aid us in our plans to take the Second District." Jackal concluded.

"And what example does that set for other crews that want to form an alliance with us? We'll turn in the deceased bodies if need be!?" Sinbad interjected shouting.

"Yes. We're Bandits. Family and Alliance is different. I see each of you as brothers and sisters I've never had. From Grace... to Gilbard. I might sound cold but our main priority is growing as gang. Alliances are only as good as the pact they're made under. We survived Alabasta. Our alliance ended a long time ago... and my little Brother didn't learn his lesson." Jackal concluded.

An air of silence befell the room. The room was split, many of Jackal's men sided with his point, and the other party agreed with Sinbad's point. It'd be up to the new recruits to air their ideas on the situation now.

Words: 433
Tagged: @Justice @Spook

4The End Of A Tyrant  Empty Re: The End Of A Tyrant Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:55 pm

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

Deilvery
Boy

Lucas looked over at the body of the red-haired individual. Bazil Warhead Styx was the name of the deceased individual. He had a pretty hefty bounty, one that would fetch a pretty penny even if dead. Then it caught Lucas's ear, another friend of the crew yet he lay here dead. Thankfully it was his own stupidity that landed him in this situation. Lucas did not think ill of the man but in a chaotic world, any missteps could lead to the end of one's story. Lucas only listened to the words of the captain as his cogs began to turn. Jackal saw a dead friend, Lucas saw an opportunity. Something that the Captain had already thought of.

Turning in the body of the dead man was an option open to Lucas. Jackal being known could not do much with the body as he stated. It would lead down paths that he was not willing to travel. Due to obvious reasons of being killers. It was in the best interest of the crew not to be associated with cold-blooded killers as themselves. Lucas was not free of blood on his hands. He only killed out of necessity and those who see fit to harm his cremates. He wasn't a fan of those who killed for sport or for fun. That just drew a lot of unwanted attention to do such a thing.

Lucas wanted to speak but Sinbad cut in with his frustration. Regardless of how he felt it would be stupid to not cash in the man's body. What good does it do to sit on a large bounty like this? Jackal retorted with his own reasoning. Lucas waited patiently for him to end his statement before speaking up.

“I have no problem turning in the body.”

Eyes in the room shifted toward Lucas, the room was split on the subject at hand. “Some of you are looking at the small picture here. First off, it would be a waste not to cash in on the large bounty on his head. It will, in fact, create enemies, but I am not too worried about that. Not to mention I have no bounty so the government will willingly pay out the bounty as long as they believe our little lie. If I get offered the job of a warlord I have no issue with that. Having ties to the government will offer some perks to me which in returns offers perks to the Calico pirates. See how all of this comes full circle? They have no reason to suspect anything. I hate the marines as much as the next pirate, but sometimes sacrifices must be made for the long game.” Lucas explained.

Lucas tapped his chin while looking at the captain. "For this to be believable I will need you to fill me in on everything that happened to make sure stories are straight Jackal."

5The End Of A Tyrant  Empty Re: The End Of A Tyrant Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:25 pm

Kaito

Supernova
Supernova

Kaito

"泥棒の間で栄誉"

"So it goes a bit like this..." Jackal stated. The Bandit King would've began to explain to not only Lucas but to everyone present the incidents that happened during the auction. The plan to assist a mysterious Red Head aside from Bazil obtain a rare Devil Fruit, how it went south when Bazil lost his shit, going awol from their plan and ultimately, how he'd stumble upon the body abandoned dead among the chaos. "That's pretty much the gist of it. No one knows I have possession of the body. Any footage in that place was either destroyed in the chaos or more so focus on those who stole major items from the auction house that day. From the intel I've received from Ursa's men... Someone connected with a Yonko seemingly escaped with a few rare bits." Jackal stated, unsure in how reliable the information was, he opted not to much conviction in his statement.

"That's the Devil in the details Lucas. Since Spook seems disinterested, it's all your if you wish. If are named a Warlord, the marine presence is low here. You'll just have to make it seem as if your a solo adventurer who captured him. Once you remain on Baltigo... There's no way for them to confirm or deny your part in my crew." Jackal stated nodding. "Shishishi besides... I wouldn't be against having a few ears in the World Governments conversations. The choice is yours. You'll have to make it seem convincing." Jackal continued pondering. After a few moments, a devilish grin came across the Mink's face. "The story is simple. You were a Bounty Hunter at the auction tracking down Jackal - The Bandit King and Bazil - Warhead in hopes of turning either or both of them in. Jackal escaped in the chaos but you managed to corner Bazil, and defeat him. This way, you'll be writing the dialogue of us being enemies. What do you think, Justice? Selfishly, you'd end up being a double agent in a sense." Jackal concluded.

Words: 335
Tagged: @Justice

6The End Of A Tyrant  Empty Re: The End Of A Tyrant Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:08 am

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

Deilvery
Boy

Lucas listened to the tale that was told to everyone in the room. He listened to every fine detail of the auction house. It sounded like quite the adventure honestly, it was a shame that it ended in such a way. There wasn't much the captain could do. You can't put yourself on the line for stupid. Regardless of what happened Lucas was relieved to know that no one knew that he had the body. It was better that way. Being a sole survivor of the situation has its perks. The lie just had to be believable enough for the marines to take the bait. Then again a dead supernova would be more than enough proof for them. Not to mention with the lack of a bounty they had no information on Lucas. The room shifted their gaze across the room as if they were waiting for Lucas to comment on what was told thus far.

“That's perfect, with no eyewitnesses outside of yourself and no footage. No one will know what really happened. Also having ties with a Yonko? My you are full of surprises Captain.”

Jackal continued on with the situation at hand. The details were all there. With gaps of information present, this made the situation very easy. With his intellect thinking of a lie would be little to no effort. He just had to get to the marines location on Baltigo without being ambushed. Which was rather easy for Lucas for a few reasons. Lucas rocked a pretty big stature, which acted as a deterrent to those who prayed on the weak. Lucas figured be best to carry the man in a body bag in broad daylight. No one would dare make a move in broad daylight without causing some sort of ruckus.

Lucas was pleased to hear that the boss was in agreement with having possible ties with the government. Even if he wasn't made a warlord, it would put him in the good graces of the marines. Even if it put a bad taste in Lucas's mouth being keeping your enemies close like that was the smart thing to do. Jackal gave Lucas a story to go with. Of course, he would have to act the said story out and put on his best tough guy face for the Marines to believe it all.

“Painting you all as enemies would work for the time being. Then we could come to a 'mutual' understanding at a later date. As if you guys are working under my banner, of course, that would result in me having to wear a disguise from here on out when we do jobs to avoid any suspicion. Of course, this is only if they make me a warlord. Otherwise, this would just be another form of a heist otherwise. Taking the bounty for ourselves in return for his body. Part of it would be played by ear, and being a double agent doesn't phase me. Information is a invaluable asset to all of this, we would be stupid to turn down such an opportunity.” Lucas explained.

7The End Of A Tyrant  Empty Re: The End Of A Tyrant Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:36 pm

Kaito

Supernova
Supernova

Kaito

"泥棒の間で栄誉"

"It's decided then. Lucas will turn in Bazil's body. However the marines take it, we'll go along with the flow." Jackal stated. After hearing Jackal's and Lucas's brainstorming session, it put a bit of comfort in the heart of the Calico Pirates, especially those who'd held a grudge against Bazil's actions from Sandy. "A word please with you in private, Captain." Sinbad stated. "No problem." Jackal retorted. Turning towards the others, "Lucas. Prepare to disembark within the hour. We'll drop you off in the Ninth District, that's where the Marines Main HQ stands. You'll have to go solo obviously but if it gets complicated, don't hesitate to call me." Jackal stated, digging into his messenger bag to toss the man a Baby Den Den. After this action, Jackal and Sinbad would've walked into adjacent hallway on the ship, several hundred meters off from the other crew members.

Opening the door, as soon as the two we're finally alone, Sinbad confronted Jackal. In one instance, Sinbad drew his blade, grappling Jackal's arm and pushed him against the passageways wall, placing his dagger's blade to his neck. "You've changed Jackal. I know this Mother thing is getting to you... but we've always operated on a code. Turning our allies, it's making me wonder if I made the decision letting you lead our gang back on Sandy." Sinbad stated. "Your right... I have changed." Jackal stated smirking smugly. Coating his throat in Busoshoku Haki, he'd press his neck against the blade. "Your the only one whose remained the same. Our men feel it. We've lost two crew-mates to Mother... and how many hundreds did we loose because of Bazil's shenanigans huh!?" Jackal shouted, losing his composure slightly. "Let's talk about the real reason your acting like this... You're afraid aren't you Sinbad?" Jackal inquired.

The invisible shield around Jackal's throat rejected the blade, causing the Navigator to loose grip on it's handle. "Every since the public execution of Grace, you've been in your head alot. I get it. You've been small time bandits on a small isle your whole life... but your the Golden Dagger, Sinbad. Quartermaster of the Calico Pirates. You have 105,000,000 Bounty on your head. It's time for you to act like it." Jackal stated, chucking the man backwards onto the ground. Falling to his knees from the momentum, "Because... I can't loose you to, Sin." Jackal stated, with tears in his eyes. Overwhelmed by emotion, Sinbad broke out into tears but neither man dared to look the other in the eye, they simply nodded in approval, Jackal going his own way, and Sinbad traverse back towards the Navigator's room. Changing the ship's direction, the crew headed towards the Ninth District. From their, a rope ladder would've been released to hoist Lucas and Bazil's body onto the ground. Using a body bag from Gilbard's Laboratory, the blonde would commence his first major mission for the crew.

Exit.

Words: 489
Tagged: @Justice

8The End Of A Tyrant  Empty Re: The End Of A Tyrant Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:43 am

Justice

Pirate
Pirate

Justice

Deilvery
Boy

Lucas stopped talking and looked over in Jackals direction. He made the executive decision to let Lucas take the body in. Lucas smiled at the captain's response. Lucas got another chance to prove himself to the crew. He was a strong believer in being an overachiever in everything he did. The boy was unnaturally loyal on top of all of that. There was a bit of worry in the back of his head, however. Turning this man it would no doubt put a large target on his back. Then again what is a better way to reveal himself to the world other than this? Granted this would add some complications to the matter of working with the crew. Lucas got a quick thought, it would work out in the long run. He would use his face for the marines considering he is unknown. When he is with the Calico's he would use a disguise and only operate under his code name. Lucas would have to keep up the act until the time was right to reveal his connection to the crew. Even then the connection would be nothing but a ruse and play to keep them safe from the World Government. Being able to operate in plain sight of the Marines would be a huge bonus.

While the cogs in Lucas's head spun wildly Jackal spoke up to break the train of thought. They were going to go into the district where the Marines based themselves. Lucas would disembark there and walk the rest of the way. A flying ship in broad daylight could draw a lot of attention. “It would be best to let me down a ways away from the marine detachment, preferably in an alleyway to avoid being seen disembarking from the ship.” With that Lucas went to go get dressed for the occasion. Meanwhile, the captain was pulled away by Sinbad. No doubt to express his disdain for the plan that was just approved not even a moment ago.

Lucas hurried back into his room and looked for something to wear. He had to look good in his debut to the marines. He needed to put something on to appear menacing or the act would not work. Instead of putting on a shirt he just put on his combat boots, slacks with suspenders. This left his chest bare. Being seven foot tall and being rather muscular. He was able to exert alpha waves to show that he was the one who did in Bazil.  Ready to go he headed back to the medical bay to collect the body. Thankfully someone apart of Gil's medical crew bagged Bazil's corpse in advanced. There was a bag of Beli on the table next to the body. Which Lucas took and pocketed the funds. He was going to take a cut of all of this for his own trouble. Not to mention he needed funding for future projects. 'The captain won't mind.'  This saved some time of doing so. All Lucas had to do was play delivery boy now. Lucas tossed the body over his shoulder with ease and headed to the upper deck of the ship. On the way up one of the crew stopped Lucas . “Oi mate, capt'n wanted me to give you this.” The male handed Lucas a den den mushi to contact the ship if things got really nasty. Lucas hoped it wouldn't come to that but hey it was best to be prepared for anything. “Thank you, I almost forgot.” It wouldn't be long before they ended up in the Ninth District.

[Ten minutes later]

The ship hovered over the slums of the Ninth District. Two of the men from the warehouse Jackal and Lucas raided awaited him. There was two things present. One was a ladder that could be lowered down to ground level and a cargo net to lower Bazil's body down. This would avoid any mishaps of Lucas falling during climbing down or dropping the body. They had to move quickly before a whole lot of attention came. It took about two minutes for Lucas to be lowered down to ground level where he could jump off onto the ground safely. Landing he placed his arms up for them to lover Bazil's body quickly. Using the cargo net the two lowered the body with haste to ground level. Lucas took the body out and tossed it over his shoulder. He slipped into the shadows of the alleyway until the ship left. It wasn't long before the ship left the area just as quick as it came. Lucas gave it about five minutes before emerging from the alleyway and slipping into the crowded streets. Lucas took a deep breath put on his best menacing look. He was rehearsing the plan in his head as he walked towards the marine detachment.  

He towered over some individuals, some cleared a path for Lucas as he made his way. The crowd began to thin out as he got closer to the Marines who were based in the district. People knew not to go near the place with the possibility of being shot on sight for trespassing. Lucas stood in front of the makeshift fortress of the marines. A shabby set of buildings that was surrounded by a large stone fence with guards posted on the ground level and snipers above. The place had to be heavily guarded for being on an outlaw island. 'Good there is more than enough stone around just in case things get sticky.' Lucas thought to himself walking forward.

Two guards noticed the large male walking to the front gate with a black object over his shoulder. They immediately pointed their weapons at Lucas, the one on the right spoke loudly. “Stop! This a restricted area state your business!” The marine of the left spoke under his breath, “Oh great trouble.”

Lucas stopped making the menacing look and gave a friendly smile. He extended his free arm into the air to show he meant no harm. “I am not here to stir trouble. I am here simply for a bounty turn in.” The marines looked at each other, the marine on the right spoke up. “Assuming that's his or her body on your shoulder, who might you be bringing in?” The marine asked.

“A supernova, Bazil, 'The Warhead' Styx.”

It seemed as if the world stopped for a moment. Everyone was staring at each other with a puzzled look on his face. People in earshot heard this and whispers began to start. Even the marines on the wall had a blank stare on their face. The marine on the left spoke up, “You mean to tell us, you took down Bazil?”

Lucas smiled with a confident look on his face. “I wouldn't have his body otherwise? I could show you if you like?”

The marines in front of the gate looked at one enough before nodding at each other. The one of the left spoke up. “Approach.”

Little did Lucas know one of the marines who overheard the conversation decided to go get the Marine in charge at the moment. This was quite a claim for anyone to make. Enough to warrant the attention of a commanding officer to come to see for himself.

Lucas came forward until he was right in front of the two marines. They kept their weapons on Lucas to make sure he didn't make any sudden movements. Lucas placed the body on the ground and unzipped from the head to at least chest level. The marine's eye widened before looking at Lucas who had a shit eating grin on his face. 'So far so good.' he thought to himself.'

“Holy shit that is Bazil. How did you do it?”
The marine of the left asked. Lucas zipped the bag down a bit further revealing the gaping hole in his where his heart should be. “Do I need to say anymore?” Lucas asked. There was no need to go into detail when the proof was all there. He zipped the bag back up and stood back up. “Now who do I speak to get paid?”

The marine on the left looked up at a marine on the wall, He made a hand signal to open the gate to let him in. “Right this way...We didn't catch a name.”

“Lucas Dagon.”

“Yes right this way Mr. Dagon.”

Lucas made sure not to use his real last name. He was told his father was a pirate. There was no telling how notorious the man was. It was better to use his adopted name for the time being.  The marines stood aside so Lucas could enter. He tossed the body bag over his shoulder with Bazil inside. He proceeded into the marine fortress with no problem at all. Lucas could help but smile that the marines were eating this act all up. They had no reason to. Not to mention being near the marines gave him a bit of protection from anyone wanting to make a move. Not that they could for clear reasons. Lucas was not known to the world, nor did anyone know of his pirate affiliation. If anyone appeared to be a problem, they would be dealt with by Lucas and the marines on the spot.

Walking into the base, Lucas kept his wits about him. He quickly scanned the area, making a map of the interior of the base. He made it to the bottom of the front steps the larger of the two buildings inside the gate. There was a rather tall marine standing in a bleach white uniform with a cap on his head. It was rather stylish for a marine to look such a way. He had a large golden chain hanging down his right side. The man had a certain air about him, one that instantly created fear in those with a weak will. The man had four marines around him. One on each side and two directly behind him. No doubt it was his entourage here to get a look for themselves.

Lucas met his piercing gaze with one of his own. The smile never left Lucas's face. He put the body on the ground and stood with a relaxed body in front of the five marines who eyeballed him.

“Rear Admiral Kaiser, I am the commanding officer of this detachment. Was I correct in hearing that you are here to turn in one of the super novas? The murderous Bazil Styx?” Kaisers tone was that of a man who sat in a seat of power. Lucas could tell  just by the way he spoke and stood that he was the boss here.

Lucas said nothing and just completely unzipped the body bag for all of them to see. “No tricks, no lies I am here to become an asset to the government and collect a bounty.”

“Check the body.” Kaiser responded. The two marines on the side of Kaiser walked down the steps of the base to inspect the body that lay bare for all to see. Lucas took a step back and waited patiently for them to confirm the body was Bazil's.

Lucas and Kaiser had a staring contest during all of this. No doubt Kaiser was trying to discern what Lucas was all about. He was looking to see if this was the kind of man that could take down a super nova. The men inspecting the body said nothing as they gave the body a good looking over. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary so they both looked up at the Rear Admiral. One of them spoke up, “Confirmed it's Bazil Styx sir.” They zipped the body up and took the body inside past Kaiser. He never broke eye contact with Lucas.

“Looks like it checks out, but tell me, boy. How exactly did you do it? Killing someone like that is no easy feat. You must be strong to have done such a thing.”

Lucas showed his hand and clenched a fist. “I just so happened to be at the auction taking place. Surely you heard of the incident that happened downtown. It was the talk of the town, he could have gotten away with priceless goods. But he made a stupid decision even though his partner in crime was advising to escape. Bazil made a grave error and I put a hole in his chest with my own hand. It is as simple as that.”

“Partner? There were two culprits present?”

“Jackal of the Calico pirates was there also. No doubt he was aware of the situation they were in. It is kind of hard to transport stolen goods while trying to fight. I had the advantage in the situation. Jackal escaped, but his partner did not.”
Lucas explained.

Kaiser made a calm nod before smiling finally. He found it to be a bit comical at first, but he ate it up at first. It was widely known that Jackal was the bandit king. He would rather escape with a profit than die broke. “Bring the man his reward.” One of the marines left the scene for a moment only to return moments later with a large bag of money. They prepared the bag just in case Lucas's story checked out.

Lucas's mind rested a bit that the marines ate this up. “I never caught a name.”

“Lucas Dagon, Bounty Hunter my apologies for not introducing myself sooner.”

“Funny I have never heard of you before. New around here?”

“Still pretty new to the island. Been handling minor criminals nothing of value. This was my big break.”

Kaiser chuckled at the idea but the body of a supernova was a big deal. “As far as being an asset, what are you aiming at?”

“Warlord, simple as that. I am looking to gain as much traction as quickly as possible. No point in treating to beat around the bush here.”

Kaiser let out a large laugh. Not that he was laughing at Lucas but he could respect the idea of wanting to climb up the ladder so quickly. “From zero to hero just like that huh? I respect an individual who is hungry. You remind me a lot of myself from my younger days. Alright, I will bite, I can't promise anything but I will run this up the chain. Report back here in a couple of days and we will speak on the matter. Until then take Bazil's reward, unfortunately, we can only give you half of his bounty due to him being dead. It is still a large chunk of change, however.”

The marine handed the bag over to Lucas and he peered inside. “No complaints here Rear Admiral, I look forward to doing business with you. If I may I will take my leave.”

Kaiser tipped his cap in Lucas's direction, “I look forward to more business transactions.”

“As asked of me I will return in two days time in hopes of my new position with the government. Until then Kaiser.” Lucas then took his leave to head back to the crew's pub downtown.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum