Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

The Black Iconoclasm

As Noctis stepped through the now vacant door frame, he took notice of the gruesome scene he had created. The section he had detonated was charred beyond recognition, the corpses of the guards left behind were completely unable to be found. The walls and floor cracked apart violently and the bodies of the scientists in the rooms they guarded were cooked to death from the heat and thrown leftover concussive force. The collateral damage was a shame, but Noctis had yet been given an opportunity to really go wild with his abilities, meaning his fine control over certain aspects of his techniques were still lacking.

As he continued, he looked upon the blackened steel door that had crumpled and smashed into the next, the blood and viscera from the guards on duty created a macabre work of art against the sturdy seal. It was unfortunate that the longleg hadn't been powerful enough to blast his way through in it's entirety, but it was difficult to expect less from a place designed to create and distribute less than legal explosive ordinance. His masked visage turned to face the scientists who remained in the new set of rooms to his sides, as they were forced to hear the sound of their guardians crushed to death in an instant. They cowered along the walls as the man who had brought them under attack stared them down from the hall. Yet, before they could voice their pleas, they struggled to find their breath.

Placing both hands to his sides, Noctis directed his abilities into the rooms, pulling out the air within as the scientists scrambled to try figure out what was happening to them. Projecting his voice so that the men within could hear him, Noctis gave his demands, "Open the doors and you might just get to see tomorrow." Unable to voice a counter or response, the scientists closest to the panels quickly held up their cards as their vision began to blur. It took for what felt like the suffocating men an eternity, but eventually the panels flashed their confirmation as their bodies dropped to the floor unconscious.

As the doors whirred open, the guards within were armed and ready, their guns ready to fire upon anyone they failed to recognize. The leader of the group had managed to identify Noctis' presence even before the cloaked man had been revealed standing among the crushed remains of their comrades, something Noctis managed to chalk up to the Color of Observation. Unfortunately, even with the assistance of haki, they were far from prepared to handle Noctis strength. With a single command the men and women began to fire upon Noctis' form, the bullets passing through him harmlessly as he readied Kuroi.

Pressing off the ground with Nagare, the speed at which Noctis approached the two guards at his left were far beyond their scope of comprehension, even with the assistance of Kenbunshoku as a blur cleaved through them, the length of Kuroi cutting their lives short. As Noctis pivoted at his top speed, he traversed the width of the hallway as he thrust the blunt top of his blade into the midsection of the guard across from him, incapacitating him instantly as he was crushed into the stone wall. The one remaining guard lifted her gun to defend herself as Noctis arced his weapon down towards her head. To Noctis' surprise however, he was met with resistance as Kuroi clashed with the Buso covered rifle. Yet the small window of hope the security detail may have had was quickly shut as Noctis used his free hand to thrust into the woman's heart, a blade of wind sending blood onto the door behind her.

With the fodder cleared up in this section, Noctis proceeded to blast the doors down with a swift burst of wind, not wanting to waste anymore time. "Doors, open, now." The cloaked longleg didn't even bother to acknowledge or threaten the scientists beyond his presence and the scene of carnage that he stood amidst. The longer he spent causing a ruckus up here, the more time was left for the Sin Priest to prepare and gather reinforcements. Sure enough, the untrained scientists didn't give any lip or conflict to the intruder as the doors eventually began to hum to life in front of Noctis.

At this point, Noctis had already dispatched 16 armed guards capable of utilizing haki to some degree, but for the most part it didn't require much effort on his end. Still, Noctis couldn't help but feel as if he had been caught up in this hallway for far longer than he had anticipated, the security and durability of the building having been a surprise to say the least. Noctis' form dissolved invisibly into the air just before the steel doorway began to lift itself upward, the seal having been broken as air rushed through to equalize the pressure between the two sections. In that moment, the gas intruder let himself be carried undetected through the crack as he looked on at the scene before him.

The hall came to it's conclusion with the presence of stairs leading upward as the final four guards moved into the vacant room, demanding to know where the intruder had gone to the scientists who had just witnessed the cloaked man fade away into nothing. Not willing to stick around to see how the interrogation concluded, Noctis quickly flew up the stairwell stealthily, ready to confront Lust at last.

Words: 1313
Doriki: +5 to Strength/Power when using legs, +10 to Speed, +5 to Endurance
Skills: Geist, Nagare, Kamikiri, Musou x2
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Duracloth Wrap, Duracloth Cape, Vision Dial, Extinguishing Cloth, Pressure Vessel, Stolen Technology
Notes: IC Crafting of Pressure Vessel and Extinguishing Cloth to take place in separate crafting voyage taking place between Preparation and Operation. @Devroux

17[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:12 pm

The Janitor

Deva
Deva

The Janitor

Managing to get past the last few guards unnoticed Noctis was able to climb the stairs that would inevitably lead him to the Sin Priest of Lust. Leading upwards, the stairway would bring the long-leg past other levels with the potential to be explored. Each hallway had the same layout, several rooms home to scientists tinkering away at new explosives, all of which were segmented by the blaring alarm that he had set off when he first arrived. Without extra effort, the only real continuation to the journey was following the stairwell as far up as it'd take him.

At the top of the stairway was a steel door frame, the door no longer hung to it. Entering the hallway that it would have normally blocked, the stone walls would suddenly sheer off and turn into a steel wall complete with a dingy, metal door. It was Noctis' last chance to prepare for a face-to-face meeting with the Sin Priest of Lust.

18[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

The Black Iconoclasm

With the hall tapering off to a final, beat up door, Noctis couldn't help but feel that the encounter with the Sin Priest of Lust was finally upon him. Noctis reformed as he began to build up strength in his right leg, Rokumori gas forming around his body as it began to fill the pathway. Pulling out his steel vessel, Noctis directed the flow of gas into the container before resealing it tightly, the contents now under a decent bit of pressure.

With his left hand, the longleg formed a fist as he steadily began to generate and compress Rokumori gas within, all of which was concealed underneath his darkened cloak. With his body becoming increasingly vaporous, Noctis reached towards the door handle, pulling it towards him slowly to finally come face to mask with Lust.

Words: 253
Skills: Hakai +1, Teibaku +1
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Duracloth Wrap, Duracloth Cape, Vision Dial, Extinguishing Cloth, Pressure Vessel, Stolen Technology
Notes: IC Crafting of Pressure Vessel and Extinguishing Cloth to take place in separate crafting voyage taking place between Preparation and Operation. @Devroux

19[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:23 am

The Janitor

Deva
Deva

The Janitor

Upon entering the steel room, Noctis was greeted with the sight of another laboratory. Just as the initial wall and door had been, the entire room was made up of steel plating, extending just as far in the distance as the rest of the floors had been. This lab was divided up into multiple sections, some harboring mechanical parts, some hiding various types of powder, and a large section devoted to chemicals - different vials and flasks undergoing special distillation methods. On the far end was a single, pink-haired individual tinkering away on a personal project.

[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 329048
Lust's Attributes:
The room belonged completely to the Sin Priest of Lust. She ran a tight shift within her warehouse, with each person having been assigned a specific job and doing that job to the best of their ability. However, when it came to her own work ethic, she was far from specialized. The woman could be seen scrambling from desk to desk in a hectic attempt to juggle multiple different projects at the same time, constantly thinking up new designs and new chemical reactions to configure into a variety of explosives. Her work was all in the name of La Bomba, but she had been recruited specifically due to a preconceived obsession with explosions.

The steel door would softly click against its frame as it closed behind Noctis, but even the softest sound awoke the sleeping beast. The pink-haired woman looked up from her current object, her eyes darting and locking on to Noctis' mask. Rather than stopping what she was doing completely, she simply gave the man a heinous smile and continued her project, taking a screwdriver to the metal brace on a bundle of dynamite sticks. However, she wasn't simply ignoring her guest, she was just multi-tasking.

"Well hello!" she called out across the lab. "So you're the one causing a ruckus in my home. Well, nice to meet you." Finally finishing tightening the screw on her bundle of dynamite, she took it up in her hands and began winding a timer dial. "I wish you would have just let me do my thing. I can't stop thinking about new bombs! They're the best! Why come to me anyway? The one you should be after is La Bomba! I did nothing! I'm innocent! I'm just having fun!"

She was frantic, but not in a sense of panic. Her enthusiasm in forming a dialogue with Noctis seemed born purely from a raw, energetic personality as well as using any chance she could to talk to someone new. While she was content in talking it out, she wasn't one to misunderstand the predicament she was in. If someone came to fight, she'd do what she had to in order to survive and continue working on her projects.

@Noctis

20[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

The Black Iconoclasm

Having come prepared for a fight to the death, Noctis was immediately taken back by Lust's appearance as a frail girl likely even younger than he was. She didn't even seem to be aware of Noctis' presence or concerned with the chaos that had been happening only moments earlier. It wasn't until the door shut behind the longleg that she tore her attention away from her work to acknowledge Noctis.

He didn't respond to her initial greeting, due to a combination of both surprise and caution taking hold of his thoughts, but as Lust rambled on, Noctis' focus gradually returned to him. "It was nothing but chance. I'm here to clean up Baltigo, and La Bomba isn't exactly the easiest guy in the world to find. So, here I am." he replied, continuing his preparations as he locked eyes with the woman's own. "I don't so much have a problem with your passion. It's more who you're using it for. Whether or not that's innocent doesn't matter to me in the slightest, Los Diablos is going to be broken for my interests and mine alone."

With his weapon Kuroi in hand, Noctis let the flat end of the blade rest along the ground as he delivered his ultimatum; "You can tell me where your boss is and come work for me, or I'm afraid you won't be around to make another explosive again." While Noctis wasn't exactly in a position to be delivering demands, he found the girl interesting enough to offer a choice in the matter. Still, the cloaked man continued gathering power in his leg and gas in his fist, prepared for the woman's passions and loyalty to trump her curiosity.

Words: 688
Skills: Hakai +2, Teibaku +2
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Duracloth Wrap, Duracloth Cape, Vision Dial, Extinguishing Cloth, Pressure Vessel +2, Stolen Technology

21[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:22 pm

The Janitor

Deva
Deva

The Janitor

Putting a finger up to her chin and tilting her head, Lust exaggerated her moment of thought. As deeply rooted in the framework of La Bomba's operations, her interests weren't with him or Los Diablos, so she heard Noctis' ultimatum out and gave it a fair bit of thought before answering. However, it wasn't enough to change the nature of their meeting.

"Anywhere is good to build bombs! But..." she eyed the long-leg up and down, "you don't seem to have what really important. Do you know how much any of this costs? Neither do I! That's for Greed and Envy to know! But I don't think you can afford all the equipment I use!" True to herself, she was interested in nothing more than explosives, but she wasn't far enough out of sync with the world to not be aware of how important money was to her cause.

The bundle of dynamite in her hand began to buzz as the timer reached zero. "Oh! Time's up!" With another exaggerated motion, Lust threw her arm back before lobbing the explosive in Noctis' direction. It'd clatter to the floor only a few feet from his current location, detonating within seconds afterwards.

@Noctis
Lust's Attributes:

22[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:01 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

The Black Iconoclasm

"Fair enough." Noctis responded, an ounce of disappointment in his voice. It was enough to note that the Sins of Greed and Envy were in charge of the finances of Los Diablos to a degree, meaning Noctis had a good idea where to start his next pursuit. However, before his mind wandered too far to the future, he had a fight to handle in the present, as a bundle of dynamite was already airborne, headed directly at Noctis' feet.

Hoisting Kuroi up at the bomb as fast as possible, Noctis generated a blade of wind to impact and break the explosive apart and detonate it before it managed to hit the ground. With the force of the swing and the speed at which it was generated, the explosive force as well as the blade of wind itself should be forced back at Lust who stood five meters away. With his Teibaku and Hakai still building themselves up discreetly, the cloaked longleg made his move.

Not wanting to give the woman further time to respond, Noctis pressed off the ground with Nagare immediately following his swing, moving to position himself behind the Sin Priest, thrusting Kuroi down at her midsection, unleashing another speed generated blade, this time composed of Rokumori gas. All the meanwhile, Noctis pulled the air out of the immediate area, a 15 diameter dome centered around both Lust and himself, leaving only a small section of breathable gas around the perimeter of the room, roughly around a meter outside of the dome.

Words: 644
Skills: Hakai +3, Teibaku +3, Nagare, Kamikiri x 2, Musou
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Duracloth Wrap, Duracloth Cape, Vision Dial, Extinguishing Cloth, Pressure Vessel +2, Stolen Technology

23[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:26 am

The Janitor

Deva
Deva

The Janitor

"Oh, oh, oh!" Lust playfully bounced away from the blade of Noctis' sword, completely out of range of the wind it brought with it. He may have been quick on his feet, but her eyes were far too good to deceive her from a mere dash. As she spoke, she exhaled, now confronted with the second part of his attack - she was no longer able to draw breath. A normal person would have been struck with a moment of panic, but Lust's personality wasn't one to put her in that mood. She wasn't a fighter, but lacked the seriousness to make her panic.

As she bounced away from Noctis' sword, she'd arc her arm over the front of her body, releasing seven small, round grenades at varying points across the arc. They'd spread out, creating a line barrier between her and the gas man, detonating upon impact with a solid object (the ground). Each explosion covered roughly a 3 meter area, but the power of them (3) would make them a decent threat if he were within the range. Though, this was a simple diversionary tactic from the woman, pushing over the floor with her full strength and propelling her to the outer edge of the room as fast as she could manage (5).

She'd move until her back rested against the wall, giving her just enough room to draw breath. At this distance, she could use her next bomb. From a nondescript pocket she'd pull another round explosive, this one larger than the one she'd thrown previously. Lobbing it towards the still smoking remains of her defense, this again would detonate on impact. This explosion would cover a 7 meter area, engulfing the gas man for sure if he remained, holding double the power of the last bombs (6).

@Noctis
Lust's Attributes:

24[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:48 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

The Black Iconoclasm

"Oh?" Noctis said half in response to Lust's own choice of words, half to her personality which seemed to indicate that she had yet to bring out her big guns. While she was certainly fast, Lust was a good clip slower than Noctis at his top speed with Nagare. However, what struck Noctis the most was her potent awareness of both the longlegs movements and her surroundings. While it certainly appeared to be her natural prowess, Noctis couldn't rule out Observation Haki as a potential cause.

Noctis moved to follow his opponent as she hopped out of range, but stopped in his tracks as she tossed out a number of explosives to cover her vector of escape. Still out of range of the explosives, Noctis shielded his face and upper body with Kuroi just as a precaution. Sure enough, the moment they hit the ground a few meters in front of Noctis, the grenades ruptured violently. The force wasn't nearly as significant as he anticipated, meaning either his opponent was taking the intruder here far too lightly, or it was meant to serve as a distraction. Further more, the explosives had managed to detonate even without the presence of air, meaning their source of oxygen must come from elsewhere, likely chemically.

The smoke from her explosives being cleared and forced out of the still present partial vacuum lingered along the perimeter of the room, giving Noctis a clear view of Lust as she pulled another explosive, this time significantly larger than the previous. However, as the Sin Priest wound up to throw her creation, Noctis would release his Musou, causing the pressure differential between the outer edge of the room and the center where Noctis stood to rapidly reach equilibrium, causing a yanking force to pull at the bomb just at the moment of release.

With the weapon now ever so slightly off kilter, Noctis gathered the air around the bomb as it traveled, creating a powerful gust of wind to slow it in it's tracks. While the Sin Priest of Lust was talented and perceptive, her physical strength left much to be desired, the force and speed of her throws being only very slightly beyond that of an average person, not even bordering on superhuman. Meaning that manipulating the air to stop and hold the bomb before it impacted anything was a simple feat for Noctis. With the explosive hovering in the air 10 meters away, Noctis took a moment to inspect the craftsmanship before directing his attention to the Sin Priest.

"Self-oxidizing, pressure sensitive, no fuse. You certainly are a talent." Noctis praised, using his gaseous hold over the explosive to throw it towards the Sin Priest at a much higher velocity than she initially dished out [4]. With his Teibaku and Hakai rapidly approaching their maximum thresholds, it was time to test the waters and gauge the Sin Priest's reactions. Thrusting Kuroi into the ground, Noctis held his position at the center of the room as Rokumori Gas began to generate within and flood the 16 meter room in it's entirety. It took only a few seconds, but eventually visibility would reach a minimum. In a small area around Noctis, no more than a few inches surrounding his form was a clear outline of breathable, clear air. With his visibility at a minimum, Noctis prepared himself to allow Kenbunshoku to kick in, in order further enhance his reactions. Letting the battle drag on into a battle of attrition was fine normally, but with an unknown number of potential reinforcements, it was a gamble Noctis didn't want to take.

Haki Stamina 6/6

Words:
Skills: Hakai +4, Teibaku +4, Rokumori Gas +1

25[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:29 pm

The Janitor

Deva
Deva

The Janitor

OOC:
Lust's face went through a series of emotions following her toss of the last explosives, beginning with a pout as Noctis caught the device in mid-air. Not getting to see her creation do its magic, she was slightly annoyed, but the following compliment made it all better. She blushed and gave an exaggerated curtsy, but didn't offer any words in response. The pink-haired woman's adrenaline was beginning to pump, skyrocketing her focus on the fight to its current maximum, even if she couldn't hold that focus for very long.

With the last explosives having been suspended in air, it was now capable of being used for an unintended purpose. Noctis, with the flexibility that his devil fruit offered him, was able to toss it back at Lust, causing her face to contort in momentary panic. However, meeting the situation with a quick laugh, she skirted around the edge of the explosive and moved several meters away in the blink of an eye. Similar to Noctis' Nagare - without the added finesse - or a Soru, she was able to use her speed to its fullest to evade the counterattack.

What she couldn't avoid was the release of gas the long-leg began to emit from his body. The purplish gas began to float around the room, gradually causing visibility to lessen and providing a source of intimidation even if it had yet to reach the Sin Priest where she stood. Lust presented from her white lab coat the barrel of a short gun, firing it before it was fully revealed and releasing a short-range, concussive explosion directed in a cone out from the barrel. She was far from where her opponent was, but it wasn't to be used in order to attack him anyway. The explosion was powerful enough to push away the gas expanding towards her, providing a few extra feet for her to move around.

With the same dash she'd used to evade the explosive, she'd move around the edge of the room to a table on her far right. The table was still several meters from where Noctis stood and already covered by the gas, but the extra room she'd given herself with the weapon gave her enough time to take a breath and move to retrieve the gas mask laying on the table. The woman slipped on the mask, knowing full well that it would only provide a momentary peace of mind (4 turns), but it was enough to at least let her move around within the gas without worry about the side affects it'd have on her body.

Taking a deep breath, she flung herself backwards, again tossing out cover with a few (3) round explosives. The explosion would be small, but once again, the power (3) would be just enough to shake her opponent if they landed close enough to him. She threw them at his feet before revealing a secondary explosion, tossing it almost instantly after she had the first ones. Greater in power (6), it was the true explosion she threw with the intention of harming the long-leg that had invaded her work space.

@Noctis
Lust's Attributes:

26[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

The Black Iconoclasm

With Lust now feeling the pressure Noctis was exerting on her, the longleg smiled as her normally carefree and relaxed demeanor began to shift towards concern. With Noctis continuing to fill the room with Rokumori Gas, and the Teibaku in his hand having reached it's maximum limit, it became apparent that Noctis had to make his move while the time was ripe to do so. His hand trembled with the pressure and force the gas within held, hidden away underneath his cloak, and his leg ached with the energy he had built up all this time.

Still, Lust moved swiftly, utilizing a technique not too dissimilar from Noctis own, as he struggled to keep track of the blur that moved out of the way of the explosion at the edge of the room. Still, the woman found opportunity to analyze the situation in detail, covering her movements with the force of the blast from a gun, pushing the gas away temporarily while she took that moment to hold her breath and grab a gas mask Noctis had overlooked. With both Noctis' and Lust's vision now completely obscured by the thick Rokumori gas in the room, the dynamic shifted dramatically.

Noctis, now preparing himself for a massive explosion caused by Lust in the room full of dense Rokumori gas, began to shift his composition to something that would survive the blast. It wasn't nearly as stealthy as his normal state and clearly displayed a unique appearance and coloration, but hiding his ability was no longer the concern at this point. His body became opaque and cloudy first before becoming completely translucent and colorless nitrogen. Thanks to it's abundance, the transition didn't take longer than a second or so, and with it's inert and inflammable nature, the force and heat of an explosion would do little more than scatter him. Of course, this was simply a precaution and had it's own set of limitations involved, but for now, it was safer to prepare for the worst.

Taking a deep 'breath', as much as a gas man could 'breathe', Noctis activated his Kenbunshoku to aid his perception through the dense Rokumori cloud around him. It was rough around the edges, unrefined and imperfect, but it was enough to bolster Noctis' awareness of the world around him and allow him to react to Lust's standard method of attack, even if he couldn't immediately see it. Driving Kuroi into the ground, Noctis retrieved his steel vessel that was hooked onto his belt and dangled it from his finger. As soon as the explosives she tossed out became visible through the gas, Noctis whipped the container at the same smaller grenades. With the speed she was capable of throwing, Noctis had ample opportunity to react and counter, as the impact caused the explosives to detonate around the vessel, rupturing it as another plume of dense Rokumori gas filled the room, nearly doubling the current concentration [4 turns].

Still, Noctis was surprised at how predictable her patterns were, and knew immediately that the first wave of attacks was surely a distraction for something much bigger and far more potent. With the amount of Rokumori Gas now in the small room, even a simple spark would cause a violent explosion, something Noctis had prepared for, but still didn't want to be directly in the center of. Grabbing Kuroi and hopping back at full speed with Nagare, the burst of air that followed was enough to create a brief opening in which he saw the larger projectile already in air. Still, it was slow [0], as Noctis took the fully prepped Teibaku [5 turns] and launched it at the traveling bomb before the sight was once again obscured by the Rokumori gas. As Noctis landed, he kicked against the wall at his back with Hakai, the full force of the strike [7] enough to create a small crack in the wall leading to the outside. As his Teibaku made contact with the bomb in flight, both attacks exploded violently, the Sin Priest's bomb igniting the attack as well as all of the dark purple gas in the room to create an immense explosion.

With Noctis' gaseous nitrogen form already flowing through the exit he had made, the building detonated with indescribable force in 100 meters centered around Lust's room [12 power from 9 turns worth of Rokumori Gas accumulation]. The gaseous Noctis was outside of the building, but still nowhere near out of the range of the blast as his form was launched and blown apart by the shockwave. Even through his intangibility and careful preparation around the blast, Noctis was in rough shape as his body slowly regathered itself in the air. His leg, which had torn the muscles from utilizing a full fledged Hakai and burned from the blast, was the worst off [Moderate x 2]. The rest of his body was covered in identical burns which while extremely painful, weren't life threatening.

His lower half quickly dispersed into gas in order to maintain his flight, but the longleg found it difficult to maneuver to the best of his ability on account of the injury he had sustained. While he was fairly confident that the blast had finished the fight, Noctis floated up to and stayed hovering and cloaked
almost 15 meters outside of his smoldering handiwork, scanning for signs of life with his Kenbunshoku.

Haki 5/6

Words: 1308
Skills: Hakai +5 [Consumed], Teibaku +5 [Consumed], Rokumori Gas +2 [Consumed], Nagare, Geist, Aero
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Duracloth Wrap, Duracloth Cape, Vision Dial, Extinguishing Cloth, Pressure Vessel +2 [Destroyed], Stolen Technology

27[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:50 am

The Janitor

Deva
Deva

The Janitor

Lust had been doing her best against an enemy that was far superior than her in physical attributes, using her intelligence and speed to maneuver around his attacks with relative ease. Yet, no matter how intelligent she was, there was no predicting an opponent she knew nothing about. The build up of Rokumori Gas that had been steadily increasing since Noctis' arrival was something she'd have never known about, even with the help of Kenbunshoku. The blast created was of a power level far beyond anything she could withstand, even with the help of Busoshoku. With the release of all the gas that had been building up, her death was inevitable, but her will to survive wasn't going to let her go down without a fight.

The resulting blast from all of the combined gas combusting shook the building in its entirety. The steel door and the crack Noctis had formed were the only escape that the pressure could take, blowing both open with an almighty power. The rest of the steel room that made up Lust's personal laboratory were blown outwards, almost rounding out the room, and sending a reverberation through the rest of the building that it couldn't withstand, even if the redundancies of its structure. As soon as the first floor holding up Lust's room began to collapse, a domino effect took over, collapsing each floor as the steel room fell from its perch. One after the other, the room collided with each floor until it hit the dock bay. Those that had been standing outside the facility waiting for their gear in confusion began to panic, screaming and turning to run from the massive explosion that had shaken the block. However, it wasn't done yet.

Lust had died in the initial explosion. Her body had been thrust into the side of the steel room with such force that her corpse looked less like a human and more like mashed meat, but the prodigy of explosions had foreseen her death many years in advance. If she were going to die, in complete faith to who she was, she was going to go out with a great explosion, one that didn't include Noctis' in the picture. Within moments of the room hitting the bottom floor, the bomb attached to her heart activated via a dead man's switch, setting off a secondary, much smaller, explosion. The billowing plume of flame that erupted from the forcefully opened room was the trigger for all of the other explosions located on the bottom floor, where her room now rested among the debris.

All the explosives that were intended for the cult's activities would be detonated, leveling the rest of the building and killing every person on the block as it was engulfed in flames in its entirety. The explosion reached high into the sky, more than enough to reach Noctis as he floated effortlessly above the destruction he had caused. The power wouldn't be in the same league as the one that the long-leg had just detonated, but the range of it was even greater. It was simultaneously the final flag for his fight with Lust, a message to the rest of Los Diablos, and a signal to them them that they should be on the lookout. He was now responsible for the deaths of hundreds of people and the Sin Priest of Lust herself.

@Noctis
Lust's Attributes:

28[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

The Black Iconoclasm

As Noctis composed himself, a secondary explosion bellowed out from the building, decimating the block below and sending a great plume of smoke into the sky. Noctis who was still in his gaseous state was pushed back by the force of the blast, but not much beyond that as he floated down onto the scorched earth. The buildings in the immediate vicinity that hadn't been leveled were burning violently, and the screams of what few survivors remained echoed behind the roar of the blaze. Yet Noctis had steeled himself to the pain of those around him. While it was something he acknowledged, he couldn't allow it to weigh on his mind, he couldn't afford for it to.

Wincing as his leg came under the pressure of his body weight, it became more clear to Noctis the extent of his injuries. While he had certainly experienced worse, and would almost certainly recover over time, the wound took on a different tone knowing he had to continue pursuing the Sin Priest's immediately, leaving his recovery time at a minimum. Given the number of targets he had left, and the nature by which he wanted to take them out, avoiding injury of any kind would become a far more pressing concern, as they would easily compound into something much worse as he continued to exert himself.

With the challenges that Lust presented, and her general level of ability, Noctis wagered that the rest of the Sin Priests would sit around the same degree of power, with a decent margin of error. He would need to control the flow of battle more efficiently, and bring his power under greater finesse, seeing as the longleg likely shouldn't blow up a building for every enemy he encounters. That result was simply ignorance on his part, a lack of fine control over his strength. To take down Los Diablos and La Bomba, he needed to be better.

Still, even with how sketchy the situation had become, he had still managed to swipe a number of stolen technology used by Lust before their encounter, and he planned to analyze it in full upon the conclusion of his crusade. Cloaked and ready to move on to his next target, the burned and bruised longleg tucked himself out of sight and began his path to the financial sector. Greed and Envy awaited.

Words: 774
Skills: Aero, Geist
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Duracloth Wrap, Duracloth Cape, Vision Dial, Extinguishing Cloth, Stolen Technology

29[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:42 pm

The Janitor

Deva
Deva

The Janitor

The explosion of Lust's distribution center would shake Los Diablos to its core, not just in the most physical sense. The explosion had completely decimated the entire block in which the factory had sat, culling the lower ranks of the cult in a quick and successful fashion. The quantity of explosives that had detonated in what could only be viewed as an extremely unfortunate event would impact not only the plans by which Los Diablos expanded and protected their turf, but would create a large black mark on its financial books for years to come. Yet, even with all the destruction that this massive explosion had caused, the greatest loss Los Diablos would suffer would be that of the Sin Priest of Lust herself, the one person completely in charge of explosives creation, distribution, and an awe-striking scientific mind that would have been renowned the world over if it hadn't been for her obsession with the trade.

As Noctis set himself down upon the ground, his views were relatively small in scope, simply observing the injuries he'd gained during the interaction with Lust and scarcely appreciating the devastation he'd had a large part in causing. While Los Diablos would suffer greatly due to the sheer amount of loss, it was Noctis that would suffer the brunt of their retaliation. A large explosion was difficult to hide and even as large as it was, it wasn't the end-all for the cult he fought. Those that witnessed the explosion and the one man solidifying on the ground after it quickly spread the word from one person to the next, passing the information along the grapevine until it came to the ears of La Bomba himself. Even masked, the further interference of the long-leg would be met with the utmost care to dispatch such a great nuisance. Everyone following Lust would be prepared to defend themselves, as if someone was willing to go after any Sin Priest, they'd be willing to go after them all.

For the immediate time, however, Noctis began to make his way gingerly toward the financial district of Los Diablos' territory. The explosives operation and the financial advisors worked closely together in order to build a financial basis in which to run the cult's activities, the two districts being forged closely together in tribute to this fact - a fortunate construction for Noctis, as it meant he wouldn't need to walk far to find what he was looking for. It was only a few minutes before he happened upon the early blocks of the financial district.

The buildings quickly began to shift from warehouses to what looked like office buildings. These buildings were only a few stories high, but each of them were painted with large windows and business-oriented signs. With the many different types of operations that Los Diablos were involved in in order to make their foundation function, each building had its own specific use, none of them empty. Each building looked identical, each sign written with identical lettering, Noctis would be hard-pressed to find the two Sin Priests he was looking for without a large sum of time wandering around, something he couldn't afford with his face quickly spreading as rumor.

@Noctis

30[GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation - Page 2 Empty Re: [GV] The Black Iconoclasm: Operation Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Noctis

Vagabond
Vagabond

Noctis

The Black Iconoclasm

With the annihilation of the distribution center, word would spread fast to every sector of the Sixth District, with everyone on high alert for suspicious individuals. This would especially be the case for the financial sector, thanks to it's close proximity to Lust's own domain. As Noctis walked the streets, things began to appear very dystopian and unsettling in nature, almost every building was indistinguishable and uniform. It was that very trait that drove the longleg into a corner. His reconnaissance ability was acceptable at best, but only if he had a location in mind already. Yet here, there was no spire or towers clearly standing out from the rest, no center or headquarters.

Going door to door would only serve to waste time, allowing for Los Diablos to prepare and fortify themselves accordingly, yet his only lead on the other Sin Priests stopped here. Few avenues were left for Noctis to scope out, and if this was to truly send a message to the underworld, and to La Bomba himself, striking from the shadows wasn't always going to be an option. Lust was simply dipping his toes into the water, now it was time to dive in.

The masked and cloaked figure continued walking further into the financial sector until he found himself at what he could roughly gather as the 'center'. Noctis body ached from his past encounter, but he quickly shoved it into the back of his mind, his ambitions swiftly filling the gap and fueling him. Rokumori Gas began to form in the air around him, spilling out into the streets steadily, making no attempt to conceal his position from his enemies. His form shuddered slightly as his intangible nature quickly took hold, the longleg now looking more akin to a shrouded apparition than any real man. No matter who or what came for him now, his path was clear. Noctis would draw out the rulers of this district, or raze it to the ground in their absence.

Words: 712
Skills: Rokumori Gas, Geist
Gear: Baby Den Den Mushi, Kuroi, Ignition Stone, Duracloth Wrap, Duracloth Cape, Vision Dial, Extinguishing Cloth, Stolen Technology

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum