Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
Expensive preparations [GV] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
Expensive preparations [GV] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
Expensive preparations [GV] EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
Expensive preparations [GV] EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
Expensive preparations [GV] EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
Expensive preparations [GV] EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
Expensive preparations [GV] EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
Expensive preparations [GV] EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
Expensive preparations [GV] EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:43 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Gran Voyage Type: Devil Fruit
Gran Voyage Name: Expensive Preparations
Gran Voyage Location: Shaobody Island
Level: 2
Gran Voyage Description: After visiting Mary Geoise to finish some affairs as a lesser noble, the Lady of Sofia is going to prepare for her grand adventure - to bring an end to this age of pirates. However, she knows very well that this world of pirates is very dangerous.

She has to be up to par to those ruffians: she has to consume a Devil Fruit as well.

It's not going to be easy to get it though, they are extremely rare and expensive. But Shaobody is famous for being the "capital" of business, and luckily it's very close to Mary Geoise. Surely someone there would know someone who has a fruit for sale...

NPCing: Light

Approval: https://strawhats.rpg-board.net/t1522-expensive-preparations-grand-voyage

2Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:44 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Expensive preparations [GV] Mbd0gRr

Phillipa Sofia breathed in deeply and then exhaled. It was time, this was her moment. She rose a fist and looked upwards with determination. The moment to start her adventure and change the world.

To end this age of pirates.

...And she was standing in the middle of the streets of Marie Jois, in front of a small flower shop, doing the small pose. She then noticed that a few people passing by gave her short looks. So, gently, she cleared her throat and recovered her composure, to then continue strolling down the street as if nothing had happened.

The thoughts of her plans flew through her mind as she tried to make sure that she had everything ready for this voyage. Clothing? Money? Documentation? All check. But just in case, she would go and double-check on everything once she got back to the inn. And write a last letter to her father.

She had told him that she was just going to go on a long business trip, which wasn’t entirely wrong, but she hoped that he wouldn’t hate her too much for going on this trip without explaining these full details.

The girl walked down the streets, passing by other nobles who looked at her with smug grins. They knew that they were “above” her, and she knew it too. She walked passed them as if nothing happened, though. She couldn’t do anything about it - she shouldn’t do anything about it. But, most of all, she didn’t mind. Even if she was born in the elite, she understood well that her worth as a person wouldn’t be brought by who she was born as, but by her actions.

Hence this quest. She had to do something with her life, something better than just landlording and making sure that people pay their taxes back at the island of Sofia.

Last edited by Lady Sofia on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:59 am; edited 2 times in total

3Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:45 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
She continued walking down the street, and after a few more blocks, she arrived at the inn she had arranged for herself, and she got up to her room. Her eyes stared at the blank piece of paper and empty letter that she left at the desk.

That letter could be written later, she figured.

She kneeled down and her dainty hands pulled a large luggage case from under her bed, to then quickly input a combination into the lock attached to it and then pull it open. Within, there was a lot of clothing and papers - and she started to count and check each of them. Then, she sighed.

She looked back at the empty letter. Then, she slapped her face. She had to do it, she shouldn't lay it off for any longer. She was about to leave already!

Sofia got to the desk, pulled forth the chair and then sat on it, to then stare into the paper.

What should she write?

Tell her father the truth? Or just tell some white lies to keep him in ignorant bliss? The girl scratched her head. It was hard to make a decision.

Eventually, she sighed, and put her pen to the paper to write the letter.

Dear Father,

I’m off to something a bit more than a business trip - I have something I need to do. I want to change the world and end this age of pirates. Sounds crazy, huh? Yes, I know.

But I need to do it. I have to do something to change this.

I’m sorry for not telling you earlier.

Please don’t worry about me, I know how to take care of myself. I will keep in touch with letters so that you know that I’m alright. Again, sorry. Please understand.

Phillipa

4Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:45 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia

She winced. It was a horrible letter.

But it was at least an honest one. It would do.

With a quick wrist movement, she tucked the letter into her corset and then went back to her luggage case to start to stuff everything back in and compress it tightly so that everything would fit inside again. Then, she flicked the locks shut and swung it over her shoulder and braced its straps on her.

People would mistake her for a slave, she thought. Normally, she would have someone hired to do this brunt work - anyone would have someone hired. But she had to save up on cash.

She had to get a Devil Fruit. Hopefully a good one.

And her first stop would be to visit Shaobody island and to get that. Luckily, that place was really close to this place - and it was right at the entrance of the New World! However, she wasn’t super enthusiastic about going there. Her goal was to end the age of pirates, not go after the treasures further ahead or anything. She would go in reverse of the pirate’s route if she had to.

The girl got out of her room, passed by the inn counter and started to march out with her heaving case on her back, and then lightly jogged out into the streets - she didn’t want to stick around for too long. Her family, even if they weren’t well-known, would lose face if anyone did recognize her, carrying all of this like she was like a plebeian.

She soon arrived to the port, and on her way to her taxi boat, she dropped the letter to her father into the mailbox.

5Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:46 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
Once inside the taxi boat, she dropped her case on the ground, sighed tiredly and looked out the window. Did anyone pay much attention to her? Or did they think that she was just someone’s servant on a tight schedule? She didn’t see anyone glancing back. People going in a rush to the port wasn’t a rare sight either, so she could’ve been taken to be just a noble in an honest rush.

Sofia then just slumped into her seat and sighed out harder as she stared into the wall in front of her. She would stop caring about it for now. It’s not like she was going to be back at Marie Jois any time soon.

“Lady, ready to go?” the boat taxi driver asked.

“Yeah. Let’s go.” she then replied. “To Shabody Archipelago please.”

“You got it - which entrance?” the man continued, as the boat’s engines started to whir and the ship itself vibrated a little.

“Entrance?” she wondered and tilted her head slightly. She had gone to this place before, but this was the first time she had heard about these entrances. Maybe her father always arranged it in advance.

“Oh, you know. Where on Shabody do you want to go?”

“...”

She had no idea.

“The safest, please.” she eventually answered.

“Straight to the slave house then!” the man replied and started to skillfully slap the tiny ship’s steering wheel into rotation and the boat started to maneuver out of its parking place and into the ocean.

6Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:47 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
---*---

During the trip, Sofia didn’t particularly much to do except watch out the windows and pray that no pirates or sea monsters would attack them. Thankfully, the Marie Jois - Shaobody route was fairly dense with ships; it was quite the popular destination for the nobles. So she felt a bit safer with all of the potential allies around her. Still, she was nervous. They were in such a tiny little boat, what if some sort of submarine goes after them?

“Sir.” she then asked.

“Yes?” the driver replied.

“How common are attacks? Like, how many times have you been attacked here at sea?”

“You mean pirates?”

“Yeah.”

“Well.” the man chuckled. “I haven’t been attacked out here in a lot of years. At least not so close to Marie Jois. But around Shabody you can get shanked pretty hard if you don’t know where you’re going.”

“Like where?” she then asked.

“Around the lower level areas.” he replied. “They’re not under Marine control - or anyone’s control, really. They’re infested with pirates. That’s why I asked where you wanted to go you see, because I don’t drive people to those places.”

“Ah. I see.”

“But the slave house is safe, right?” she asked. She felt disgusted by the idea of a ‘slave house’, but she knew that she couldn’t do anything about it. Yet. Once she got stronger she would get rid of that horrible place as well, she figured.

“For us? Yeah.” the conductor added.

7Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:49 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
---*---

Expensive preparations [GV] KabArEj

Once she was disembarked at the slave house, she scurried over into the land within the bubbles to find the closest inn she could get. She also remembered that she needed a map of this place too - she has been here before, but she wanted it just in case. It would be pathetic to get lost on her journey this soon. But it would be likely to find something like that at the inn, she speculated.

After browsing through the nearby establishments and checking out the prices (which seem to have been tailored for the market of nobles that frequent the place), she decided to save on cash and not go into any of them. Too expensive.

There had to be somewhere cheaper.

Eager to find a better place, she continued to carry her heavy luggage over to another bubble, across one of the bridges. She theorized that all of the tourist trap places had to be expensive, but those tourist trap vendors and such had to live somewhere themselves, right? Where did they shop for groceries and other daily, common stuff? That sort of place had to be a lot cheaper. She didn’t have a steady way to earn belis around here, so all of the money that she had was precious.

She passed by other bubbles, and more districts, finding tourist trap after tourist trap, until she got into a bubble that was a bit more secluded. Within, everything seemed a lot less flamboyant than outside. And there seemed to be mostly just women and children inside here. Was this the district she was looking for?

Last edited by Lady Sofia on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

8Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:50 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
“Excuse me lady, are you lost?” one of them asked her, with a laundry basket on her hip.

“Lost?” Sofia replied.

“Yes.”

Sofia’s eyebrows rose. “No, not really? Why do you ask?”

The laundry lady chuckled softly as she covered her mouth with a hand. “Well, you look like a traveller and this isn’t exactly the traveller’s area to be…”

The noble then made a thumbs up. “Then I’m at the right place!”

“Oh?”

“Yep. I’m looking for somewhere cheap to stay. I figured that there would be a place like that around here.”

“Oh, I see.” the lady replied. “But you see, I don’t think we’d have cheap inns around here… Just houses, for the people who work here.”

Sofia looked to a side and scratched her head. “Oh. I didn’t think about that. But… Wouldn’t hurt to try, right?”

The other lady shrugged. “I guess so. I’ll get back to my own thing - take care now!”
“Thank you. You too.” Sofia then replied.

And she held her chin. How could there be a cheap inn around here? What sort of market would there be for a place like that? They already mentioned that this place was for the people who worked here regularly, so those people’s houses are already covered… But what about visitors?

She snapped her fingers at the realization. What if they outsourced people, to account for fluctuation in the amount of people that come. High season, low season, all of that. Where would they stay?

9Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:50 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia

There had to be a place.

And so, she resumed doing what she has been doing all along until now - she continued to look around. She was persistent.

That was when she noticed that a group of men and women in the theme park uniform were exiting a large building. That had to be the place!

Carefully, she stepped inside. There was a red-haired lady behind a counter and a bored look, who gave Sofia a look and then immediately straightened up.

“Oh, hello ma’am.” she nearly stammered. “An inspection to the establishment? Everything in order?”

Sofia looked behind herself. Then she looked back at the counter lady and pointed to herself.

“Yes, you. Maybe you’re not the inspector after all…”

“Yeah, I’m just me.” she chuckled, not wanting to explain who she was. “I was just looking for a place to stay.”

“Oh. Well, let me see… How long do you plan on staying?” the other woman replied, starting to flip through pages of a book.

“A… week? Possibly more.”

“That’s quite short.” the redhead smirked and looked up to her. Sofia’s eyes darted side to side. She didn’t know what to reply. “Just a business trip, eh?” the counter woman eventually chorted. “It’s alright. No need to be so nervous.”

Sofia blew air out of her nose, and her stance relaxed; in relief.

“Anyways. I got a room her for you. Just sign here, check the beli price and pay me up.”

“Got it.” the noble replied.

10Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:13 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
The next day, after getting herself settled into that place, (which she soon found was called “Blue Sky Inn”) she set off to get herself some groceries from small market that had been set up in the central plaza at the morning. The counter lady had suggested to her to get the inn’s breakfast-in-bed, however, Phillipa declined, because she had to save up all of the money she could. She could do without luxuries like those - besides, how difficult could cooking be? Her servants did it all the time, and she knew how to make sandwiches and stew. But not much else. She could live on just that, right? Hopefully. Hiring a personal chef could be expensive.

With a basket over her elbow, and clad in much more “normal” clothing, she ventured out into the bustling plaza.

And she started to study closely what everyone else did. This was the first time she was going to do something like this, but she knew it was a regular thing for commoners to do.

She saw how they just approached the people behind the stand and exchanged their cash for money. Seemed normal enough. Some people even haggled prices or got into conversation with the seller - that had to be some higher-level techniques, Sofia assumed. She would learn how to pull it off later, for now, she needed to get food for today, and something that she could prepare without the need of a kitchen or anything. Because the room she had got was just a room with a bed, nothing else.

Sandwiches, the thought. She nodded to herself. Yes, that was going to be the plan.

11Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:16 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
The girl looked for someone that was selling ham, and she saw that there was a butcher, who now and then cut apart meat into smaller pieces or sliced ham. That would do. She bought some ham, and then she approached a bakery and got herself bread. Then, she got back to the central market area and got some fresh lettuce and some tomatoes.

Yes! This would do. While certainly not the sort of diet she was used to, she believed that she could feed herself with stuff like this for the time being until she arranged something better.

She then tapped her chin. So that was why pirate crews tended to have a dedicated chef, huh? After experiencing this, she now understood how useful it would be.

Maybe she should eventually make a crew of her own, she thought. Not really a “pirate crew”, but a group of people with the same goals as her. Sofia then sighed. She wondered how many people would be willing to get into an endeavour as wild and idealistic as hers? Maybe if she had money, she could just hire them to help out.

She held her chin for a moment as she thought about it, but then she decided to return home. The details could be figured out later on. For now, she had to focus on her battle abilities. Even if she did get a crew, she had to be able to fight and survive out there in the first place, which a Devil Fruit would help massively with.

12Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:53 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
She went back to the Shaobody slave auction house, clad in her noble clothing. Around her, other nobles and some other fancy-looking people were going in and out of the building, and cages of minks were being carried around. This was her sort of place - out of familiarity. It was disgusting what was happening here, but she was very well-versed in the sort of culture and etiquette to expect here.

All she needed now was to find someone who was selling a Devil Fruit, and among so many posh people, there was bound to be someone. It was like fishing, and she’s placed herself at the best pond she could find.

After sitting in a few auctions and spectating, she noticed that there was a man, a few chairs in front of her, who was talking business with someone beside him. And he flashed what seemed to be a swirly fruit from his coat, to them hide it again. Then, they seemed to argue, as discreetly as they could.

The auctions went on, and eventually the man with the fruit decided to storm out.

This was her chance.

Daintly, she excused herself from the people sitting in her neighbouring seats, and marched out as well, until she arrived to the man, and tried to get his attention by introducing herself.

“Hello sir.” she mentioned, before doing a short curtsy. “I believe we haven’t been acquainted yet - I’m the Lady of Sofia. I’d like to make an arrangement with you in private, if you’re available.”

13Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 am

Melly

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Melly

Expensive preparations [GV] F33dde283711313beec3ea5f57a06c7e--suits-anime-guys
"How insulting" Thought Havier as she stormed from the auction house, a measly 20,000,000 for this beautiful extravagant mystery, a fruit so rare that surely it had to be a devil fruit. Alas people were not so understanding when Havier mentioned he did not actually know if it was one of these mystical fruits, or even what it could even do, whether it was a paramecia, a zoan or the most valued, the Logia type. He was certainly unaware. Thus flogging an item like this was indeed proving to be difficult. Perhaps he should open up his portable shop and try to flag some of his other items, he was well versed in rare and strange things. Muttering to himself as he walked, Havier would be within his own mind as the young woman approached, placing herself in front of him. her voice soft, her presence warming.

"The pleasure is mine my dear" Havier said, removing his hat, crossing the same hand that held the hat across his chest before bowing deeply, a respectful manner was always appreciated by customers. The man was tall, at least 6 foot four, his skin pale, his eyes blue. He bore a smart suit with a jacket. As he returned to his full height, he would smile, revealing rows of perfectly white teeth. "Havier Montgomery, From Montgomery's magical things, A pleasure Lady of Sofia" her words were certainly like music to his ears, he was a gentleman, kind sure, but first and foremost he was a businessman, and this woman looked plenty rich.

"Of course of course, please lead the way" Havier said, his eyes seeing nothing but beli signs, he flourished his hands in a dramatic manner as he spoke, enthusiastically, he was going to be even richer, he could just feel it.

@Lady Sofia

14Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:18 am

Lady Sofia

Vagabond
Vagabond

Lady Sofia
"Ah, Montgomery's Magical things!" she then said with surprise as she held a palm over her mouth. "Such luck to find you here, I've heard of that place before!"

She hasn't.

The girl then chuckled warmly. "Very well my gentleman, I'll find us a nice spot..." she added, looking side to side, to then fix her sights on one of the tables outside of a bar near the slave house.

"The least I can do is invite you to a drink, Mr Montgomery, if we may." she rose her eyebrows and smirked gently as she leaned her head towards him. "Because I'm a pretty big fan of magic. ."

She could feel her throat dry slightly, and she wanted to lick her lips - she was nervous. This girl didn't know much about 'magic', but she knew that she couldn't just be immediately obvious that she wanted the fruit, especially when he seemed eager to sell it. Because the more anxious she seemed about getting the fruit itself, the more likely he will try to get away with a higher price.

And this was the first time she was going to try to get away with such a huge deal. A whole Devil Fruit. She has negotiated small parcels of lands here and there before, sure, but nothing this massive.

Once she got seated, a waiter came over and make a swift bow.

"May I take your order?" he asked. "Something to start off?"

"Yes. A glass of wine, please - a Rioja."

"Very well." the waiter replied, and made another swift bow, and then took the gentleman's order.

"So, Mr. Montgomery." she chuckled softly, as if she had just drank a cup of warm coco. "Please, tell me about your magic. What's the latest news? I'm quite interested in novelty items - the exotic and fascinating... Ah! It makes my heart flutter, huhu."

@Melly

15Expensive preparations [GV] Empty Re: Expensive preparations [GV] Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:33 am

Melly

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Melly

Expensive preparations [GV] F33dde283711313beec3ea5f57a06c7e--suits-anime-guys
"How insulting" Havier was well versed in buisness tactics, but even now it was hard to believe his luck, he had found his sucker....I mean, his next customer and she seemed very excited about hearing about his supply of magical and exotic items. He would follow Sofia as she led the way, all the while his eyes were wide, the walking beautiful beli sign descended upon a table outside of one of the local bars, holding on to his inside pocket as she sat down, very careful not to squish his most prized posession. He had done a lot of things he was not proud off to attain such an amazing item, he did not wish to reduce its worth by accidentally releasing its juices all over himself. "Chardonay, bring the bottle" he would say to the waitress before waving her off.

It would seem this woman was rather in to using herself as an item, presenting herself in ways many a lady should not, perhaps this would have worked on many a salesmen, she was a fine beauty after all, if she was not of noble stature as evident by her clothing and the way she held herself, well she would certainly make a fine slave, selling for the highest of prices for the human breed. "If magic and exotic items interest you my dear, then I have but the finest items. If only I had brought my shop with me...if only" he said sighing, before flashing the woman a great smile. "VOILA" he said as he pulled a small cube from his pocket, throwing it upon the ground beside them, the cube expanded over and over again until it revealed itself to be a large table with clasps on either side.

Standing up, the man would unclasp the table and lift the top revealing that the table itself was more like a case with marvelous items within. "But a few samples of my items, aquired from not only Paradie or the Deep Blue seas, but from the New World itself. he said. He was rather eccentric so whenever he talked, he would flourish his hands. Digging these hands into the case, he pulled out a beautiful rainbow coloured scale. "A scale from The princess of Fishman Island, said that if someone were to consume it, they would recieve the ability to commune with the deadly seakings, even control them...until they next go to the bathroom ofcourse" he said before returning the scale.

"This next item is certainy one of my favourites, a staff of unrivaled power" he said pulling up a golden staff, short for what it was supposed to be. "In the hands of those worthy, this staff can control the weather itself, a goddess of the sea and earth you could be all for a mere 500,000,000,000 beli, a cheap price for the power of the sky itself" he said smugly. "Does anything take your fancy" of course within the case there was a lot more items, pop greens, dials etc, yet he would let her eyes do the looking as the drinks came over, he swiftly held his Charodany, sipping the white liquid within watching his customer with eyes like a hawk.

@Lady Sofia

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum