Strawhat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Canon One Piece RolePlay

NEWS
Hello and welcome to Strawhats! We hope you have fun and enjoy the site.
If you have any questions jump in our chatbox and ask away.
You can also join our site Discord chat here! *https://discord.gg/wPDvuRc*
Our current ongoing events is: N/A
* = links
STAFF LIST
OWNER
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/admin_13.png
ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/kaito_11.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/devrou10.png https://i.imgur.com/1vaJQJc.png https://i.imgur.com/HBb1nBA.png
MODERATORS
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/21/38/42/noctis10.png https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/18/53/44/60/sofiai10.png https://i.imgur.com/x2u1mnO.png
Latest topics
» Is this site back?
[V] The Lost Village EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:22 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald UnderWorld
[V] The Lost Village EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am by Poopy Face

» Kill Fidel D Marx
[V] The Lost Village EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:06 am by Poopy Face

» Emerald Chains
[V] The Lost Village EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:25 am by Poopy Face

» Gladius Naruto RP
[V] The Lost Village EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 am by Guest

» Stamina System
[V] The Lost Village EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm by Admin

» Attributes System
[V] The Lost Village EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm by Admin

» Makyu von Hellman
[V] The Lost Village EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm by Makyu

» Grains of Sand
[V] The Lost Village EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm by Deep Bloo

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Statistics
We have 430 registered users
The newest registered user is Mercedes70

Our users have posted a total of 25717 messages in 3809 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[V] The Lost Village Empty [V] The Lost Village Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:16 am

Cassius

Pirate
Pirate

Cassius
[V] The Lost Village Empty
Cassius Sinclair
The Kraken
[V] The Lost Village D5da255ae42b2fbe08f85ac5f848e11c

Sir, sir, excuse me sir, oh my, you're- you're perfect. Just the man I've been looking for. My word. An excited voice broke Cassius's thoughts as he looked over to see a strange little man approaching him. The man wore a strange suit of some kind, puffing out in odd places and carried a large backpack with papers, trinkets and strange gadgets bursting through the seems. He appeared fevered in his walk, but hope sparkled in the eyes behind the glass mask. The suit itself appeared to be handmade, certainly not something produced by a company and meant to be sold in a shop. The materials that composed the fabric were different shades and patterns, while the electronic and mechanical parts of the suit appeared to be made of scrap metal and old junk.

[V] The Lost Village Treasure9

Much unlike the strange man, Cassius sat alone on a bench, staring up at the flowing waters of Water 7's fountain. The mist danced across the top of the island, where the rich and elite of Water 7 lived. Light caught droplets of water, creating a dazzling display of liquid unlike anything Cassius had seen this side of Fishman Island. He puffed on his pipe from time to time, allowing the pale smoke to cloud his vision as he watched in peace. He looked over at the crazed man with a lazy glance as he approached the bench, before turning back to the waters.
Oh yeah? Perfect, eh? How'd ya figure? Cassius asked with a bored tone, already wanting this interaction to be over.
Look friend, not to be rude but whatever you're selling, I'm not interested.
Cassius had been approached by strangers before, and there were always only three reasons why. One, they were insane and either wanted something or wanted to talk to you for no apparent reason other than insanity. Two, they were trying to sell you something, or three, they wanted to let you know just how much they hated your fishy face. This one seemed to either be one or two, but he still had no interest.

WORDS: 346
NOTES: ###
DORIKI: +5 S&P & +5 S&A (In water)
GEAR: ###
SKILLS: ###

2[V] The Lost Village Empty Re: [V] The Lost Village Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:26 am

Cassius

Pirate
Pirate

Cassius
Cassius Sinclair
The Kraken

The strange man stopped for a moment, clearly perplexed by Cassius's words.
Selling? Whatever do you mean? Unless of course you mean to say I'm selling you on the idea of an adventure of a lifetime. One that will end only in fabeled stories whispered about in taverns the world over and riches that would make a popper into a king. If then, that is what you mean to say I am selling yo-
On with it man, your pitch is ruining my mood. Get to the point so I can turn you down and move on with my day.
The man paused, clearly confused how to proceed with such an irritated fishman.
Right then, cut to the point, right yes. Best believe I've been told that before. The man said with a nervous chuckle as he swung his bag off his shoulder and began digging through. Papers and trinkets scattered to the cobblestone floor, Cassius rolled his eyes.
Percy, you're always going on and on about nothing. People lose interest, you need to learn to speak only the important parts. You'll never be able to hold an audience, they'll all leave you just as your father left me. Oh my mother, quite the one for self-centered dramatics.

Cassius cleared his throat, showing his annoyance.
Right, right, just a moment then. The man said, still rifling through his bag, Ah, here it is! He declared, triumphantly holding up a rolled parchment in his gloved hand. He placed a hand on the underside of his helmet, unlocking something and pulling the helmet off, dropping it on his bag.
Ah yes, bit of fresh air will do ya right, clear the head and help you focus. That's what mother always said. Percy waddled over to the bench, dropping down beside Cassius, who regarded him with a sideways glance but said nothing, watching him unroll the parchment.
Look here then, my good man. I give you, the lost village of Tsui!

WORDS: 329

3[V] The Lost Village Empty Re: [V] The Lost Village Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:46 am

Cassius

Pirate
Pirate

Cassius
Cassius Sinclair
The Kraken

Cassius took in a deep drag of his tobacco, trying to find the patience to deal with this man. He regarded the map with mild interest, it looked like any other map of a city. Smaller than island obviously, but it showed sketches of roads, buildings and of course, as any good treasure map would, an x.
And? Cassius asked.
And? AND? And you mean to tell me you've never heard of the lost village of Tsui? The sunken village, the storied lost treasure of the precursors to Water 7?
Let's assume at this point, no I've never heard of this village.
My word man, have you no love of knowledge, of history? The village of Tsui, the precursors of Water 7, neigh, the builders of this beautiful island were an ingenious people. Truly ahead of their time, they were a small island of technologically advanced people. So advanced, that they were believed to have access to magical tools and artifacts. They wished to grow their island, expand it, and so, through means lost to time, they began building the very island we sit on this moment. However, like Icarus who flew too close to the sun, they built Water 7 too large, their dreams and visions too grand for their own good. The sudden mass of the island caused the sea level around their own, tiny island to rise, flooding and drowning them. Dozens of decades later, builders would come to the half-finished Water 7 and complete the work of the Tsui, never knowing that the drowned village was only meters beneath them.

Fascinating. Cassius said, not bothering to hide his sarcasm.
It is my good man, it truly is.
So why are you bothering me with this history lesson?
Ah yes, a fair question. You my goodman are perfect for this journey due to your inherent birthright.
So, because I'm a fish and fish breathe underwater?
In layman's terms...yes. You see, this suit I'm wearing, designed by me of course,
Of course.
it is a special diving suit, designed to allow me to explore the ruins. Unfortunately, it recently had a mishap with a coral bed and ripped, nearly drowned within it and broke part of my O2 converter. I've looked around, but the ship builders say it'll be another week before a shipment of the materials I need to properly fix this arrives. That's where you come in of course. If you dive to the village in my place, I'm willing to split whatever you may find down there.
Sounds like I'm only going to find tall tales and children's stories, pass.

Oh no sir, that's not it at all. I've found artifacts of the Tsui people, nothing of true use, but I believe the passage I was attempting to explore when my suit mishap occurred, leads to the vault room of the chief's hut. There he stored the most powerful artifacts, used to craft the island of Water 7.
Move along buddy, I'm still not interested in stories. Cassius said with a gruff tone, now officially done with this stranger. He rose from the bench. If the man wasn't going to leave him alone, he'd simply leave himself.
Okay, okay, wait. I understand not everyone shares my love for history. Here is something I understand everyone has an interest in. Percy said, rustling through his bag once more. Cassius turned to watch him, curiosity getting the better of him. Percy produced a small, tied sack, tossing it to the fishman who caught it simply and pulled at the strings to loosen in it. He peered inside to find gems and gold pieces scattered about. He sifted his finger through the pieces, checking to see if they were real and surprised to find they certainly felt and looked real.
While I've no interest in it, you may. Ancient nations paid the Tsui handsomely for use of their technology. Those are just pieces I found scattered about by the tide. The true treasure trove, I'm certain, is in the very vault room I mentioned. You do this for me, find the artifacts, and any gold or gems or such you find is yours to keep. I only want the artifacts. You may keep that bag as a gesture of...I believe they call it, good will.
Cassius thought for a moment, peering into the bag still before tying the top back up and placing the bundle in his pocket.
Next time, I suggest you lead with the bag of jewels.

WORDS: 754

4[V] The Lost Village Empty Re: [V] The Lost Village Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:58 am

Cassius

Pirate
Pirate

Cassius
Cassius Sinclair
The Kraken

Cassius made plans to meet the strange historian by the docks later that day, first stopping off at his ship to store the bag of jewels and gold in the safe within his room.
I'll be gone for the day, you know the shift schedule for watching the Leviathan II. If you're not on duty, explore the island, see what it has to offer. Try not to get into any trouble, I've seen too many Marine ships going in and out of this place this morning. He said to his men before disembarking and heading off to the meeting location.

You know, it struck me, in all my fever to convince you of undertaking this grand exploration, I never asked your name nor gave you mine. Percival Pennywise, my good man. Percy said as Cassius joined him on the docks, extending a mittened hand. Cassius looked down at the mitten and sighed,
Cassius. The fishman said, taking the mitten for one good shake.
Does this Cassius have a surname then?
Not as far as you need to know. Cassius said, peering into the water at the edge of the docks. Behind him, Percy had a perplexed look but shrugged and moved on.

Right then, you'll dive straight down from this point. The ruins are directly beneath us, as I told you they were initially trying to expand their own island so they built what became Water 7 directly beside them. Here, use this to keep in contact with me while you're down there.
Percy said, handing Cassius a baby den den mushi, which he tied to his wrist using the straps attached to it.
Bio-luminescent moss algae grows on most of the ruins, so you shouldn't have too hard of a time seeing while you're down there. Percy continued as Cassius began disrobing, taking off his jacket first and then his boots.
You have a bag or something? Gonna need something to carry up anything I find.
Ah yes, of course, of course, one moment. Percy said, digging through what Cassius was beginning to believe, was a bottomless backpack of things and knickknacks.
Here you are my goodman. This sack is microscopically porous, so it'll allow the water to flow through it, not slowing you down or weighing down the contents at all. However, the pores are too small for anything you store in it to slip through. Unless of course you're trying to store water, wahahaha. Percy laughed, but Cassius just took the bag in silence.

Yes, well then, any questions my friend? I will use the map to communicate directions to you as you explore.
Nope, let's just get this done. Cassius replied, walking to the edge of the dock.
Ah, a man of action. No time to waste, why bother dilly-dallying when you can take action, start adventure, begin on the road les-
Cassius leapt from the dock, dropping into the ocean and escaping Percival's useless prattling.

WORDS: 492

5[V] The Lost Village Empty Re: [V] The Lost Village Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:13 am

Cassius

Pirate
Pirate

Cassius
Cassius Sinclair
The Kraken

Cassius loved the deep, the above world was loud and noisy, containing annoying historians who bothered you on the streets with tales of wealth and lost civilizations. Beneath the surface however was calm and silent. Darkness grew as he sank deeper and deeper, but so too did the silence and he embraced it like an old friend. Cassius closed his eyes, collecting his thoughts and enjoying the peace as he neared the ocean floor.
Hello then, can you hear me? Percival's voice broke his peaceful silence and Cassius scowled.
Aye. The fishman said into the baby den den mushi on his wrist.
Ah, wonderful then! By my calculations, at the rate you're sinking with your mass, you should be nearing the top of the ruins momentarily.
Aye. Cassius affirmed.
Not a man of many words then, are we? Percy asked and Cassius scowled all the more.
Nay. I've reached the ruins. Cassius reported as his webbed feet touched down on what appeared to be an old cobble street, overgrown with algae and coral.

Excellent, you should be at the very edge of the main street in the village. To your right, is there a hut with the left side of the roof collapsed? Percy asked and Cassius looked to find the hut he described.
Aye, it's there.
Good, good. Swim about two-hundred and fifty meters straight ahead then, this is the easy part. You see, the people of Tsui, to hide their treasures and amazing crafts from wandering vagrants, built the top of their village like any old rinkadink village. Wooden huts and such, nothing of value clearly displayed to any passing by ship. However, they burrowed deep into their island, digging out maze-like basements, many of which interconnected to form an underground city really. That is where the true exploration begins.
Fascinating. Cassius said, kicking off from the cobblestone street and beginning his swim.
It is, isn't it? Truly marvelous these people. Percy prattled on.

For a few minutes, Percy stayed quiet, clearly waiting for Cassius to report when he had swam the required distance. Cassius relished this moment of silence, trying to enjoy it while all the while knowing it wouldn't last. To his right, a section of water was suddenly disrupted, causing a small explosion of bubbles. Cassius stopped swimming, pausing to peer into the green-lit darkness of the bio-luminescent algae. A fish perhaps, though if it was, it must have been a rather large fish.
What's the matter? It appears you've stopped moving. Percy's voice chimed in from Cassius's wrist.
No, it's nothing. I thought I heard- Wait, how do you know I stopped moving.
There's a tracker in the den den mushi I gave you. Percy said matter of factly.
Of course there is. Cassius said with a sigh before continuing his swim.

WORDS: 472

6[V] The Lost Village Empty Re: [V] The Lost Village Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:16 pm

Cassius

Pirate
Pirate

Cassius
Cassius Sinclair
The Kraken

[V] The Lost Village Underwater_schicheng

Cassius followed the cobblestone street, each stroke and kick of his feet propelling him deeper into the ruins. It was eerie down here, the silence he once so loved beginning to turn on him and make his scales itch.
Now, the chief's building will be rather easy to spot. It's the only building that really stands out from the others and has probably survived the best considering how long the village has been submerged in water. Basically it looks like- Percy began rambling once more.
As Cassius swam, he noticed the clusters of algae becoming thicker and more luminous, lighting the way like a beacon, until the road ended in a large set of stairs and Cassius stared up at a rather massive stone building with what looked like were once ornate carvings. He tread water, staring in envy, cutting into Percy's ramblings with a,
Save your breath doc, I think I found it.
Marvelous, you should be able to enter from the front. From there-
Hush. Cassius hissed as another sound of popping bubbles and swishing of water from behind him caught his attention. Cassius cut the line to the Den Den Mushi for a moment, listening carefully and peering into the darkness of the sea.

There's something...down here. Cassius spoke into the Den Den.
Ah yes, well that's probably the sea bulls.
The what? Cassius asked, but before Percy could respond, something rushed into Cassius's back, knocking him towards the top of the ruins. He impacted hard into the old, crumbling stone, causing much of it to chunk and drift to the bottom. Cassius groaned and peeled himself from the crater he had created in the wall. He looked back to find a strange, angry sea creature staring back at him. The creature had a wolfish smile, showing rows of razor sharp teeth. It was at least twenty feet in length and moved surprisingly fast for its size.
Alright asshole, cheap shot, let's try this for real.
Oh Cassius, one thing you may want to know.
Not now. The fishman said, kicking off from the wall and swimming straight for the Rabuka Bull. However, from the dark depths to his left, a shadow flashed towards him. He turned to intercept as another Bull crashed into him, sending him flying through the water. Before he could recover, another mass came from above, pile driving him into the cobblestones. As the third Rabuka Bull pulled away, Cassius groaned, releasing bubbles of air.
They tend to travel in packs.
Thank you Percival.

Cassius's body ached, but he managed to prop himself up, treading water once more as he looked about at the three Bulls circling him above.
Might I suggest a better use of your time?
Not now. Cassius barked, pushing forward towards the trio. The three bulls broke off, diving in different directions. Cassius looked about, trying to keep all three in his view. They were fast, but trackable so long as he could see them. However, before long, one of them swam off into the darkness, leaving Cassius with just two for the moment. The fishman moved towards one of the Bulls, who turned and swam quickly to meet him head on. The Bull's mouth opened to engulf Cassius, but the fishman was faster. He reached forward, grabbing the Bull by the snout and squeezing. The creature vibrated for a moment, a rush of energy coursing through its being before exploding in a fireworks display of blood and gore.
Kraken Style: Crush:

The cloud of warm, crimson blood pushed across Cassius's skin, but before he knew it, the cloud parted and the second Bull chomped down on his left arm from behind. It wasn't strong enough to break the skin, but it still hurt like a bitch. The bull swam, pushing Cassius back towards the Chief's Hut. Cassius acted quickly, punching the side of the creature's head rapidly until it released him.
Kraken Style: Sea Splitter! Cassius declared, striking downward with the side of his hand and slicing the front half of the Bull in two.
Kraken Style: Sea Splitter:

Cassius was breathing heavily now, he wasn't in any danger but banged up for sure and the adrenaline was beginning to fade, replaced now by pain. In the distance, Cassius could see several shapes begin to materialize from the depths. The third Rabuka Bull had swam off earlier to recruit allies and now they were on their way. From his count there were at least five on the way, possibly more behind that.
Might I-
WHAT?! Cassius demanded.
Percy cleared his throat, Well um, in my experience I've found that the Rabuka and King Bulls are too large to follow into the ruins.
Cassius looked down at the entrance of the ruins from where he floated above. He looked back at the approaching shape and made a split decision, deciding to take Percy's word and swam into the ruins.
Percy.
Yes?
What was that about King Bulls?
There was a long pause of silence.
Right then, so if you turn right there should be a second set of stairs leading down.

WORDS: 853

7[V] The Lost Village Empty Re: [V] The Lost Village Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:05 pm

Cassius

Pirate
Pirate

Cassius
Cassius Sinclair
The Kraken

Cassius rolled his eyes, but did as he was instructed. Percy's words were tighter now, he spoke far less often and at times the fishman could hear his breathing on the other end of the Den Den Mushi. Once he was inside the temple it seemed, Percy was all business. Cassius could picture the strange scientist salivating at the thought of his life long pursuit finally coming to fruition.
So, do you see the corridor with the coral reef growing?
Cassius looked to his right, the same luminescent algae lighting his way. Down the hallway he could see where a reef had begun to grow. Why here and not in the rest of the temple he didn't know and certainly wasn't going to listen to Percy waste four hours of his life explaining it.
Aye.
This is where my suit was slashed, some of that coral is razor sharp so you'll have to move slowly and deliberately. Luckily you can't exactly drown as I can, but still, a nasty cut or two from that could be a problem.
I'm a bit tougher than your space suit.
Yes well, er- that may be true.

Cassius swam through the hallway, at points large spirals of sharp coral jutted out from the floor and ceiling. He maneuvered through it, stretching and molding his body around the coral. Occasionally it would scratch him, but his body had become so well conditioned over the years of training that it did little more than break skin. Finally, the hallway seemed to widen and the coral became less dense. Cassius found himself at a staircase, one set leading upwards and the other down, deeper into the temple and the seafloor.
Well, what is it? You've stopped moving.
Fork in the road, up or down?
Hmm... Percy trailed off in thought, Well, as I mentioned they were a subterranean people, digging the more lavish parts of their dwellings into the rock and soil of the island. Which leads me to believe your best bet is down, deeper into the ruins.
Cassius nodded, though it wasn't as if Percy could see him, before swimming downwards as instructed.

The stairs went far deeper than Cassius had expected and the water became not only cooler, but chilly even. Finally, he found himself on a landing and staring at what appeared to be two massive doors sealed shut except for a small crack in the center. Down this deep, there was far less moss and as he swam closer to look through the crack, he found only an abyss of darkness.
There's a door here, looks pretty sturdy; old but solid. No way you would've gotten through this without some charges. Cassius said.
Right, well, good thing I found you then, eh? Um...that is, you...you can get through the door, yes? Percy asked, but Cassius was already rubbing his hands together and loosening up.

He reached forward, placing his hands on each edge of the crack. He began to push, attempting to slide the doors apart. He didn't need to rip them open, just widen the crack enough to be able to slip through. Beneath the sea, the fishman grunted with effort, bubbles escaping his mouth. The door felt solid beneath his grasp, unyielding and stationary. He pushed harder, forcing his muscles to bulge and strain against the effort. For a moment he believed something might snap or tear, every iota of strength was being pushed into his arms, into his grip on the ancient door. Then, a budge, a shift, something in the door moved and suddenly, the entire door shattered, crumbling away in the water and drifting down into the room it hid. Cassius looked around him as the ancient stone slowly cascaded. In his hand he still held two large chunks of stone and, after a moment of realization, tossed them forward and allowed them to join their brothers.
Well, I'm in. The fishman reported, Can't see a damn thing though, that algae doesn't like the cold apparently.
I modified the Den Den Mushi on your wrist. If you knock the two eye globes together, it will blink into a make-shift flashlight.
I-what? They can do that?
With a little tinkering, anything is possible my good man.
Cassius didn't respond, instead doing as he was told and knocking the snail's two eyes together. They vibrated for a moment and the snail looked rather perturbed by the rude gesture. However, it quickly blinked to refocus and when it did, light spilled from its eyes. Cassius was shocked, but said nothing, instead scanning over the darkened ruins, bathing them in light for possibly the first time in centuries.

He ran his webbed hands along the walls as he swam, tracing the strange carvings and runes he found.
This is...interesting. He concluded.
What, what is it? Tell me what you see. Spare no detail. Percy said, chomping at the bit.
Well, there are runes and- Cassius stopped as he noticed something dart out of the beam of the light. Behind him he could hear something shift and move in the water. He swung the flashlight around, pointing it back at the doorway he had entered.
What? Runes, yes, what else? Do you see the orb? Percy prattled on.
The beam pointed only at the ruins of the door, still sitting in a heap. Cassius convinced himself it was only the shifting stone, settling into place after he accidentally destroyed the door, and turned back to the bowels of the treasure room. Which, speaking of which, there seemed to be a noticeable lack of treasure which Percy had promised.
No, no orb so far and there seems to be a noticeable lack of treasure. Remember, the treasure you had promised me for taking on this insane task?
Yes well, you see, there was never any guarantee that...well...
Hold, Cassius said, what's this now?

He swam forward, guessing he was probably in the center of the chamber at this point, judging by how far away the walls seemed and how much swimming he had done. It was a rather spacious chamber from what he could tell, but more importantly there was an ancient metal pedestal in the light. Atop the pedestal sat a skull. Cassius swam forward, picking the skull up from its place and inspecting it.
There's a skull here...and it looks like...something carved into the base? Writing I think.
A skull?
Late again...Per...cy. Better...luck next...time? Regi nald. Percy finished as Cassius read the inscription.
That bastard! How did he beat me to this find? This is inconceivable, absolutely insane! I'll wring his neck I will, why I'll- wait...wait a minute...wait, wait, wait, do you know what this means?
That I'm probably not getting paid? Cassius offered.
It means that the orb exists! I just need to steal it from that bastard. I was right, oh happy days I was right!
That's great and all but- OOOF! The breath was pushed out of Cassius as something thick and strong slammed into his side, pushing him through the water and away from the pedestal. The skull was knocked from his hand and drifted to the floor. He regained his composure, pointing the beam of light at his attacker, only to find a massive set of teeth opening wide to swallow him whole.

WORDS: 1232

8[V] The Lost Village Empty Re: [V] The Lost Village Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:31 pm

Cassius

Pirate
Pirate

Cassius
Cassius Sinclair
The Kraken

Cassius grabbed the upper and lower lips of the beast with his hands as its speed and strength forced him up against the wall.
PERCYYYYY! The fishman barked at the Den Den on his wrist.
Yes?
I think I found the goddamn King Bull you were talking about.
Um, well, actually, not to be the bearer of bad news, but usually it's King Bulls plural. It's actually quite funny, they're called King Bulls, but they usually travel in pairs, a male, king and a female, queen. As if on cue, another tail lashed out from Cassius's left side, striking him downward. The male that had been attempting to devour him closed its jaws on air as the female swatted Cassius away. The male King Bull recovered quickly, snapping its teeth with delight at the thrill of the hunt, turning to pursue.
Yup...found it. Cassius grunted in pain, how the hell did they get in here?
A good question if you opened the door. Wait...no...could it be. You mentioned someone would have needed charges, yes? Percy asked.
Yes, I did. Talk faster Percy. Cassius said as he narrowly dodged the King Bull male, feeling its scales graze against him as it swam by. The female appeared from the darkness, clamping down on Cassius's leg and twisting him about in an attempt to wear him out, or break his spine. It was a classic ambush predator maneuver, one Cassius had seen and even performed himself numerous times. Being on the receiving end was far less enjoyable though and for a moment he wondered if the prattling of Percy Pennywise would be the last thing he ever heard.

If creatures that large are that deep in the ruins, that means Reginald must have used charges to blow his way in from the outside. That's why the door was still closed, then the King Bulls made their nest in there. Which is actually quite funny because I know you are rather disgruntled by their sudden aggression but technically you invaded their home. I can't imagine you'd greet a stranger in your home any kinder, wewewewe. Percy laughed.
Percyyyyyyy! Cassius said again as he punched the female in the snout, forcing her to release him and recoil in pain.
Yes, yes, right. What I'm saying is, there's an opening, it's most likely in one of the upper corners of the room, that would cause the largest hole while minimizing the chance for collapse. Look for the opening and get out of there!
That unfortunately was easier said than done.
Fortunately for Cassius though, as the female released his legs, the male lashed out with his own tail whip across Cassius's turned back. The fishman was sent cruising through the water once more, crashing into the far wall of the chamber. He groaned, now confident at least a couple of ribs were broken. However, as his vision refocused he could see a faint green glow above him. He focused the light on his wrist upwards and noticed the intricate stones end and a large, earthen corridor begin.

Without a second though, Cassius kicked his legs, shooting upwards toward the canal. Beneath him he could feel the vibrations of one of the King Bulls crashing head first into the section of wall he had just been floating by. He didn't dare look back as he swam through the bored hole where this Reginald fellow had clearly entered, but he could feel their massive presence right behind him and he knew he had to do something. On a normal day he could probably out swim them, but they were well rested and he was doggedly tired after his earlier encounter with the smaller version of these beasts. There was no certainty he'd make it to the surface before these creatures dragged him back down. Up ahead, the tunnel curved a bit, clearly where someone had miscalculated and corrected the burrowing. Cassius reached back with a stroke and punched forward, sending a shockwave towards the large rock face jutting out into the middle of his path. He turned to the left quickly, maneuvering around the falling rock, narrowly dodging being crushed. The same couldn't be said for his new playmates however, as they both cried out in surprise and pain. Cassius still didn't look back, using every second of this lead to his advantage, but confidence surged in the fishman as he kicked his way to the surface and into warmer waters.

Cassius breathed hard as he pulled himself from the water and onto the dock. The fishman lay on the warm wooden slats, breathing heavily as he stared up at the orange-red sky. Out of the water, where gravity could take a better hold on him, Cassius's body began to ache and pain replaced the adrenaline that had pushed him to the surface. His leg bled slightly from where the King Bull had bit him and his ribs ached with pain every time he breathed. Neither were life threatening, but he would be taking it easy for the next few days.
A figure appeared, casting a shadow over Cassius.
Before you even think about it, don't...say a word. Cassius said to Percy between breaths.
This appeared to perplex the strange scientist, who frowned in thought before disappearing for a moment. He reappeared over Cassius and placed a sack by the fishman's head.
I was going to give some drawn out proper speech of thanks, but you never did strike me as a man of many words. Regardless, I feel rather terrible for the lack of jewels and the trouble I put you through, so in the sack is the funding I gathered for this expedition, or at least what's left of it. It's no lost treasure trove fortune, but it's a respectable amount that I'm sure will be worth your time. Now I must make plans of revenge for Reginald, my greatest adversary. Keep the Den Den, I may have a job for you when I get my affairs in order. Reginald will rue the day, rue it! Percy declared to the heavens before waddling off.
Cassius groaned, Fuck you. before turning on his good side to cradle his bag of cash in the fetal position.

[end]

WORDS: 1043

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum